Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 12:00 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,476,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Aunt Ruthie is the perfect symbol of the radical left in America - dying but too egotistical to get out of the way, holding on to outdated ideas, soon to be replaced with a moderate and thinking America.
I think she's trying to hold onto her life. She probably won't be around much longer after she retires. I'm not a fan of her, but I've seen seniors who rapidly deteriorated once they retired. She probably should have stepped down long ago, but she made the job her life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 12:08 PM

1,768 posts, read 569,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Interesting that Bader is still ruling on cases when she can't even make it into the court and the one video of her that has emerged shows her being in really really bad shape. She can't do anything, apparently without two assistants to move her body.

Edited to be a little less offensive. The hardon you people have for RBG dying is super weird.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:16 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,521,653 times
I have zero experience as a soldier or a transgender.

But I do have a lovely neighbor who is a transgendered woman who did two tours of duty in Iraq before coming out. Her recollections of life in the service are not good. She struggled with her sexuality and her appearance and it affected her ability to be a good soldier. She has noted this - it’s not an observation of my own.

She is fragile and damaged and has been on disability since returning well over a decade ago due to mental illness. While she is very proud of her service, she freely acknowledges that it was no place for her.

That’s all I have to add.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:49 PM

4,482 posts, read 3,835,817 times
Any good snowflake reaction pictures?

Old 01-22-2019, 01:02 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,990,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post

But I do have a lovely neighbor who is a transgendered woman who did two tours of duty in Iraq before coming out. Her recollections of life in the service are not good. She struggled with her sexuality and her appearance and it affected her ability to be a good soldier. She has noted this - it’s not an observation of my own.

She is fragile and damaged and has been on disability since returning well over a decade ago due to mental illness. While she is very proud of her service, she freely acknowledges that it was no place for her.

I understand your point. However, she does not represent all TG individuals. Mental illness affects millions of Americans, not just transgendered people. Any person who has to endure constant discrimination, criticism, mockery, and bullying would make them more susceptible to anxiety and depression than people who don't. Certainly some TG people are not suited for the military. This was likely the case with your neighbor. But it may not be due to being transgender. It could be due to personality characteristics or any of a number of factors. This ruling is another deflection tactic aimed at creating an emergency where none exists.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:09 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,408,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post

I am a Republican who sees people as either male, female, or intersexed. Excluding people who are intersexed, a man is still a man even if he gets surgery to have a womb and a woman is still a woman if she gets a penis surgery. I don't agree with this ban. A trans person should have the right to serve in the military. Now, if that trans person is pre-op and expects the military to cover the costs for that operation, I don't agree with that trans potentially taking advantage of that.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:24 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,476,369 times
The military is difficult for non-transgendered individuals. The culture isn't very health in general. We all know this. Why a person who lives differently from what the military considers "traditional" would subject themselves to that environment is unknown to me. I, as a black person, wouldn't knowingly work for a racist organization. What purpose would that serve? I don't want to work anywhere where I am not accepted for who I am. The military is an organization built on conformity. You are not going to change the military - the military will change you. Plus, most places across the world are not very tolerant. You make yourself a target in hostile nations.

Sometimes people go too far with this "equality" stuff. You want the equal right to be treated like crap? Okay.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:49 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,532,295 times
I think if a tg person has completed all of their gender reassignment surgeries and has passed a mental health screening, and isnt on antidepressants (nor should anyone be on those going into military), then they should be able yo serve. A tg person that hasnt had surgery is a liability and should not be allowed to. Because of the cost of gender reassignment surgery, the mental aspects, the unit cohesion aspects.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:56 PM

2,535 posts, read 1,874,647 times
Good!!! There is only male and female. the Bible says so, it is impossible for there to be more than 2 genders.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:58 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,702,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Such hypocrisy in these posts. Conservatives harp endlessly about the importance of working and supporting oneself at least until age 70 but can't wait until Ginsburg hits the grave so they can appoint another Kavanaugh.
You didn't actually dispute anything I said. We get that you are perpetually angry at something. You might want to try some meditation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies