Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 05:43 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times

Advertisements

Like how electric cars are slumping even more. People just don't see the need to buy them. Maybe crime under Trump has decreased? Or maybe global warming has stopped? Alright, yeah, Trump stopped global warming!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 05:53 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol..please. You’re gonna hide under the bed at the sound of a firecracker.
The Alt-Rightists, Republicans, Conservatives and fellow-travelers who have the biggest mouths, will be the first to crawl, whimpering, under their beds, at the first sign of this "civil war". It's the way of abusers and bullies. The head bully is going down and so is their pretense of bravado.

I have an old 4-volume set, titled "The Story of the Great War" (World War I), that weighs 25 lbs. The story of "The Second American Civil War", would occupy a pamphlet the size of a utility bill.

Old 01-22-2019, 05:59 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Aren't I Phones sales slumping? Eventually the market is saturated and people just don't need as many.

Plus guns don't wear out.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:19 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Hmmm...fascinating. And wouldn't you care to guess why?

This just goes to show you that what NRA and right-wingers need to energize their base and juice up demand is fear and crisis. That's what this machine feeds on and when it does best.

Quick, someone manufacture a crisis! They're coming for youuuuuu...

https://news.yahoo.com/political-shi...053530253.html
Not to worry. The SHOT SHOW in Vegas starts tomorrow and will have acres of new guns and accessories.

I'm pumped!

Old 01-22-2019, 06:48 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Aren't I Phones sales slumping? Eventually the market is saturated and people just don't need as many.

Yeah they do...
I had to rebarrel my 338 Lapua and a couple 6.5 Creedmoor chambered ARs due to throat erosion and keyholing...
It's salad days. Ammo is affordable again.

Gas rings? Replaced a few sets in my older ARs.
Recoil Springs in Glocks and AKs with high round counts.
If the steel is inferior in an AKs bolt and front trunion it will wear out and you'll get extremely unsafe headspacing issues to the point you could have a kaboom.
I've had worn recoil Springs in AKs result in the bolt tail that resets the hammer and trigger get mushroomed from smacking the rear trunion.

I wore a mini 14 out when I was 19. Had that since I was 15 and shot that thing for years on end with just simple cleaning and lubricating Ruger hooked me up when I sent it back for not being able to cycle any more.

Guns most certainly do wear out. Especially if you shoot them...

I don't shoot less than 2k rounds per trip to the range...
I'll shoot an AK until the handguards smoke.
I'll shoot ARs until the hand guards melt, or gas tube let's go.
My M1A national match I shoot Fudd style. Nice and easy. Slow and steady. Don't want to risk causing injury to that glass bedding inside the stock by constantly stripping it down... Bang. Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it Bang.

Even the almighty cold hammer forged chrome lined mil-spec barrels wear out...
If you shoot them enough...

If machine guns were legal.... the ones I want would need new barrels after each range trip. Head space would need to be monitored by inspecting spent brass and with field gauges, go/no go gauges.

Glocks do this neat thing when the recoil Springs wear out...
The frame gets the hell beaten out of it in front of the front rails...

I haven't worn a 1911 out yet...
Nor my HK or FN plastic fantastics. Then again I don't shoot them as frequently as my Glocks...

Old 01-22-2019, 06:51 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

They do get stolen. By criminals.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:23 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Hmmm...fascinating. And wouldn't you care to guess why?

This just goes to show you that what NRA and right-wingers need to energize their base and juice up demand is fear and crisis. That's what this machine feeds on and when it does best.

Quick, someone manufacture a crisis! They're coming for youuuuuu...

https://news.yahoo.com/political-shi...053530253.html
A gun dealers best friend is a rabid anti gun politician.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Shipping 80% lowers to the UK, like they are the best thing since sliced bread?

Old 01-22-2019, 09:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The Alt-Rightists, Republicans, Conservatives and fellow-travelers who have the biggest mouths, will be the first to crawl, whimpering, under their beds, at the first sign of this "civil war". It's the way of abusers and bullies. The head bully is going down and so is their pretense of bravado.

I have an old 4-volume set, titled "The Story of the Great War" (World War I), that weighs 25 lbs. The story of "The Second American Civil War", would occupy a pamphlet the size of a utility bill.
I agree 100%. Conservatives: long on mouth, short on action.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:14 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I agree 100%. Conservatives: long on mouth, short on action.
You agree 100% with a made up statement? lol Conservatives run their own lives. Like adults do. We don't expect handouts nor do we live on them like you and your fellow nanny staters do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies