Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 06:01 PM

20,864 posts, read 9,529,660 times

Advertisements

As I said, I have nothing against hunting (even though I myself am not a hunter). Especially if you're actually eating what you hunt, and even moreso, hunting something that's a pest like wild hogs. I was just trying to think of an alternative if you ever got bored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
... People who use guns for hunting, being possible exceptions. Hunting is a sport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 06:02 PM

1,406 posts, read 800,770 times
Quote:
You really don't get it.

People who do NOT live in fear feel no need to own a firearm.
If people aren't living in fear then they wouldn't be concerned with or worried about who owns a firearm.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:06 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
As I said, I have nothing against hunting (even though I myself am not a hunter). Especially if you're actually eating what you hunt, and even moreso, hunting something that's a pest like wild hogs. I was just trying to think of an alternative if you ever got bored.
The second amendment does not protect hunting...
It does not state, "being necessary to the security of a free state from wildlife, the right of the Fudds to keep and bear approved hunting apparatuses shall not be infringed"

Old 01-22-2019, 06:07 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
I have known five people who died from gunshot wounds. That's more than I know who died from car accidents. In three of the five deaths (two incidents), it was an intentional criminal act. In one case it was a security guard who fired blindly at some kids playing in a vacant building. One was the result of kids playing with a gun. One case was a hunting accident. I'm more concerned about the proliferation of guns and the constant increase in firepower than I am of other drivers -- but we require drivers to periodically comply with licensing and registration laws and even inspections and insurance. Gun ownership should have at least the same periodic requirements.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
If people aren't living in fear then they wouldn't be concerned with or worried about who owns a firearm.
If I was afraid of people with firearms, I would own a firearm.

But as I don't own a firearm, that tells you I'm not afraid of people with firearms.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
The second amendment does not protect hunting...
It does not state, "being necessary to the security of a free state from wildlife, the right of the Fudds to keep and bear approved hunting apparatuses shall not be infringed"
So, you're telling me it's OK to ban hunting?

Odd that you should say that, since you just gave me a long explanation about your desire to hunt as an expression of your right to bear arms.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
Ironic isn't it?
If you own a gun you're paranoid or scared.

Coming from the mindset of those terrified of others being armed.

And we're paranoid?

I endorse everyone, man, woman, transgendered, black, white, brown, yellow, purple, orange, short, tall, fat, skinny, young, old, gay straight, bi, Jewish, Catholic/Christian, Protestant, Muslim, etc to at least go shooting, at most buy a firearm. Pistol rifle shotgun machine gun whatever your budget allows. And if you're in a commie state like NY MA CT and want to exercise your rights, move to a free state and stop funding your demise by paying those states their income and property taxes.

I have no issue with others being armed. None at all.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
So, you're telling me it's OK to ban hunting?

Odd that you should say that, since you just gave me a long explanation about your desire to hunt as an expression of your right to bear arms.

Uhh sure... if you want to smash into deer, or have the lake you used to live on turn into a toxic cesspool because Canadian geese...
I can explain in full details what happens when you ban hunting to appease cityiot busy bodies who are terrified of the dark and think they'll be confused for deer, as they dress in bright neon spandex and emulate Lance Armstrong... because you know... deer just pedal their ass off on 18 speeds in neon spandex... and jog down the road in underarmour...

Yes go ahead. Ban hunting.
Watch what happens.
1. Car insurance sky rockets when cityiots that do 80+ in their bmw/mercedes/audi/jaguar/land Rover smack deer on their way to your AO on Friday night to their weekend/summer home.
All those deer collisions = your insurance goes up.

2. Ban waterfowl hunting. Because. Residential area now we rezoned it as such. Suck it Townies!
And when Canadian geese take and chase mallards off the lake, cover the lake to the point you don't see water anymore... and they crap everywhere turning the lake into their toilet...
You'll get all kinds of goodness when NY state DEC/ENCON and the county health department come in and put signs up stating, Do not drink the water, do not enter the water with open cuts/sores, do not eat the fish you catch from this lake.
Poetic justice comes in the form of the cityiots ankle biter designer mutt getting damn near pecked to death when it gets too close to the shore line and momma goose is near thinking that ankle biter is going to go after her young...
Followed by kids running around barefoot and getting worms from stepping in goose crap on the yard...

Yes absolutely ban hunting.
Do it. Go for it.

Wait til you show up to the scene of a deer collision at 45-70mph and it's gone through the windshield...
That's almost as bad as DWI accidents...
Bambi becomes a harpoon at those speeds.

There was a reason us locals had loud pickups and no deer collisions... and not low sitting quiet and quick cars.

Yes, ban hunting.

Hunting is only one thing I do.
I compete in IDPA as well as 2 and 3 gun matches. (Run and gun)

Old 01-22-2019, 06:26 PM

7,774 posts, read 6,383,187 times
I would rather have it and never need it than need it and not have it.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:28 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
You are way off.

According to the United States Department of Justice...

*An estimated 3.7 million burglaries occurred each year on
average from 2003 to 2007.

*A household member was present in roughly 1 million burglaries
and became victims of violent crimes in 266,560 burglaries.

266,560 burglaries... a minimum of one victim per criminal act...
OMG that is adorable. You don't know that robbery and burglary are not the same thing!

If you aren't home or you never interact with the criminals its burglary. Owning a weapon, by definition does nothing for burglary.

If you are home and you interact with the criminals, i.e. a home invasion (the notion this thread is predicated upon) than it is robbery. Try to keep up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies