Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 06:50 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,780,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Let me be clear -- I am against abortions past the 20th week or so of pregnancy unless there is a VERY good reason for the abortion, but in cases of very late abortions, can anyone tell me why the health of the mother would be endangered if a Caesarian was performed?

(There might be a very good reason, but I am just ignorant of such a reason.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If continuing the pregnancy was a threat to the mother's health, would you say damn the woman, save the fetus? Why is the fetus more important than the mother?

I 100% agree that the mother's health is the first priority, but that was already current state law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Abortions have been performed up until birth since it was legalized.

In partial birth abortion, the baby/fetus is delivered up until the head, the head is punctured, brains removed, and body delivered and disposed of. Then there's saline abortion where concentrated saline is put into the amniotic fluid and the baby swallows this solution and is burned to death both in and out of the body. That's just two methods used up until a baby would normally be born.

Nothing will change. It will remain legal. So many people want to do this that it will continue to happen. Instead of arguing against abortion, maybe argue for sedation of the baby before it happens so it doesn't suffer as much. That would be more humane at least.

How about adoption?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 06:56 PM

24,628 posts, read 9,449,501 times
There will always be abortions in this country, period,

Whether you want it to be illegal late term back alley coat hanger abortions, or cheap professional safe early term and legal abortions is up to you.

But they will happen.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:57 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I 100% agree that the mother's health is the first priority, but that was already current state law.

How about adoption?
The two things you have posted contradict.

Child birth is dangerous. If you force even healthy women with typical pregnancies to undergo forced childbirth in the name of adoption, some of them are going to die.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:14 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
New York just legalized late term abortion. Late term abortion is administered via lethal injection to the child. By the way, it is not legal to give criminals a lethal injection in New York:

https://www.dailywire.com/…/walsh-...lethal-inje…

Old 01-23-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
There will always be abortions in this country, period,

Whether you want it to be illegal late term back alley coat hanger abortions, or cheap professional safe early term and legal abortions is up to you.

But they will happen.
Maybe but I would rather not give my tax money to pay for it----blood money. Defund PP.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:19 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
That is how choice and body autonomy work.
Can't have that. Their pretty little heads are just not up to the responsibility.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:39 PM

1,009 posts, read 708,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Because of danger to life and health, remember?
That late in the pregnancy they could deliver the baby . The baby would have to be delivered either way so why kill it . Makes no sense

Old 01-23-2019, 07:42 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
That's great. You probably would have cried into your pillow every night and not even wanted dessert had she terminated her pregnancy.
You are a sick mental case.My older brother is dead and you feed me this.I raised 2 daughters as a single DAD my life had a purpose.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:42 PM

How tragic: Gov. Andrew Cuomo orders World Trade Center to be lit pink to celebrate new law in New York permitting unborn babies to be killed by abortion up until birth...

...while the World Trade Center memorial below bears the names of 11 unborn children who lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:48 PM

3,647 posts, read 3,784,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Sounds very reasonable. From the article you posted. Emphasis added. "...The Reproductive Health Act, blocked by Republicans in the state Senate for a decade, would bring New York’s abortion laws in line with rights guaranteed under Roe v. Wade..."

Thanks for the info. Hope CA has done the same or will in the future. Hope more states get on board. Cheers.

Hope you care about actual children. Do you? How bout this little guy?
I care about him. Wasn't that from the Obama years?

I also care about about the unborn babies that are being murdered. I care enough to put my time and money into preventing unwanted preganacies and stopping the killing for convenience.

How about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies