U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-23-2019, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Corona del Mar & Coronado, CA
2,151 posts, read 1,417,467 times
Reputation: 2773

Advertisements

Here is a partial soulution to the partial shutdown.


Get rid of TSA at the airports. Let those workers go BACK to working for the airlines and airports. There is NO REASON for those people to be federal employees. It was one of the worst, most pointless actions taken post 9-11.

Number two, place the Coast Guard in the DoD. There is NO REASON for the modern CG to not be a part of the DoD.

Number three, privatize the air traffic controllers as well. There is no reason for them to be federal government employees.

Last edited by TimTheEnchanter; 01-23-2019 at 10:35 AM..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-23-2019, 12:20 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
72,618 posts, read 37,387,110 times
Reputation: 16086
Privatize all US airports.
More bang for your buck. Especially when more than one airport pops up, to compete(More choice)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 12:26 PM
 
13,142 posts, read 6,380,851 times
Reputation: 8005
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Here is a partial soulution to the partial shutdown.


Get rid of TSA at the airports. Let those workers go BACK to working for the airlines and airports. There is NO REASON for those people to be federal employees. It was one of the worst, most pointless actions taken post 9-11.

Number two, place the Coast Guard in the DoD. There is NO REASON for the modern CG to not be a part of the DoD.

Number three, privatize the air traffic controllers as well. There is no reason for them to be federal government employees.
That won’t be a solution, more likely to be a result.
OPM has announced that the designation/coding for all exempted Furloughed Employees that are absent from work is to be AWOL.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 12:34 PM
 
26,649 posts, read 13,932,490 times
Reputation: 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Here is a partial soulution to the partial shutdown.

Get rid of TSA at the airports. Let those workers go BACK to working for the airlines and airports. There is NO REASON for those people to be federal employees. It was one of the worst, most pointless actions taken post 9-11.
Well other then being 100% incompetent at their jobs. Now they're about 90%. Really its security theater along with some pretty corrupt equipment sales. Its slightly better then before, but also more corrupt under the hood.

Quote:
Number two, place the Coast Guard in the DoD. There is NO REASON for the modern CG to not be a part of the DoD.
Absolutely. Its just idiocy that they are not.

Quote:
Number three, privatize the air traffic controllers as well. There is no reason for them to be federal government employees.
Well other then the fact that they are a vital part of our economy, and if they were private air travel would have shut down by now as they couldn't force employees to work. I used to be for this, but now im not as sure. Because of this idiocy by Trump.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 12:34 PM
 
32,656 posts, read 17,474,192 times
Reputation: 13732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That won’t be a solution, more likely to be a result.
OPM has announced that the designation/coding for all exempted Furloughed Employees that are absent from work is to be AWOL.
They will not be happy when they don't have a job once the shutdown ends.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Cape Cod
13,516 posts, read 9,422,562 times
Reputation: 22844
A better way to end it would be if someone would remind Nancy Pants and Schummer that they were once FOR the wall and they told us all how important it was to know who was coming into the country.



What has changed beyond that Trump is trying to do something that Congress has been passing around and kicking down the road for years now?



Fund border security and all this nonsense goes away tomorrow but no the Dems are too busy playing politics with the lives of people on both sides of the border.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 12:55 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
72,618 posts, read 37,387,110 times
Reputation: 16086
All the past videos, of the democrats rooting for a secure barrier between the US & Mexico, have them in a pickle.
They forgot what they said in the past as they blow with the wind in political war. It is not about securing endowed individual rights(the people), it is about herding the sheepe(the slaves).
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 01:10 PM
 
Location: IL
1,876 posts, read 607,115 times
Reputation: 1133
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Here is a partial soulution to the partial shutdown.


Get rid of TSA at the airports. Let those workers go BACK to working for the airlines and airports. There is NO REASON for those people to be federal employees. It was one of the worst, most pointless actions taken post 9-11.

Number two, place the Coast Guard in the DoD. There is NO REASON for the modern CG to not be a part of the DoD.

Number three, privatize the air traffic controllers as well. There is no reason for them to be federal government employees.
i like it. this shutdown is showing a lot of people how bloated and worthless much of the federal government is. we were meant to be a union of states.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Lee County, NC
2,758 posts, read 1,064,353 times
Reputation: 3400
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
They will not be happy when they don't have a job once the shutdown ends.
The ones who are "calling out sick" might not have one anyway.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 03:53 PM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,565 posts, read 8,786,821 times
Reputation: 9207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
A better way to end it would be if someone would remind Nancy Pants and Schummer that they were once FOR the wall and they told us all how important it was to know who was coming into the country.



What has changed beyond that Trump is trying to do something that Congress has been passing around and kicking down the road for years now?



Fund border security and all this nonsense goes away tomorrow but no the Dems are too busy playing politics with the lives of people on both sides of the border.
They were for a fence that was nowhere near the scale that Trump wants.

Trump owns this.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top