Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 05:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

I’ve yet to have Southern Pride explained to me. Pride about what? There’s nothing unique about the South.

So you’re from the South...AND???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 06:00 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Disrupting attire doesn't belong in school. That goes for flags other than the US flag, Che Guevera shirts, BLM, etc.

And neither does the regimentation which allows the overly-powerful NEA to peddle its own doctrines, The best education is obtained in the marketplace of ideas, and the best education is, to the greatest extent possible, autodidactic.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:01 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’ve yet to have Southern Pride explained to me. Pride about what? There’s nothing unique about the South.

It's like black pride but about a region instead of skin color. As if being born somewhere was something that individual accomplished. I ask the same question about black pride. What do you have to be proud of? Something you were born with? lol

Old 01-23-2019, 06:01 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:

"My forefathers courageously lost a civil war fought for a rotten cause!"

Old 01-23-2019, 08:31 PM

16,579 posts, read 8,600,121 times
So many are conditioned or brainwashed to hear PC alarm bells go off over certain symbols, yet other equally symbols of hate from the left are ignore. For example if someone were to wear a David Duke shirt (assuming there is such a thing), they would have a fit and scream racism. Yet if a black person were to wear a Malcolm X shirt, most liberals would not bat an eye.
Reason?
Simple, because they have been conditioned to think of the KKK as racist (which is accurate), but think of the Black Panthers as not racist (which is inaccurate).

This is in part the reason liberals and the MSM had such a fit over Trump saying there were good and bad on both sides of the Charlottesville incident.
Another words, even if both sides had racist losers, one side is more racist or worse than the other. Not based in reality of course, but conditioning to think white fascism/racism is worse than other forms of fascism/racism.
Trump was spot on, but it is not PC to say actual facts, rather he was expected to act like a typical melee mouthed PC politician, and condemn one side, but give the other a pass.
People are not stupid, so when they see video of Antifa losers marching toward the non violent crowd with weapons, and then there is violence, they know both sides were in the wrong, not just one.

`

Old 01-23-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's like black pride but about a region instead of skin color. As if being born somewhere was something that individual accomplished. I ask the same question about black pride. What do you have to be proud of? Something you were born with? lol
Where did I ever claim to be a proponent of black pride?

That’s NEVER come out of my mouth even once so what are you talking about?

Old 01-23-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"My forefathers courageously lost a civil war fought for a rotten cause!"
Lol...basically!

Old 01-23-2019, 11:14 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yawn.

If it's not a MAGA hat, it's the other ever reliable symbol lovingly used by narcissists to provoke and bait people. This student knew what he was doing, so utterly predictable, these social media fools. Just as predictable will be those eagerly defending these narcissists.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high...163155603.html
I read the article and the school is trying to "keep the peace". Well if any black students can't accept someone's freedom of speech without becoming violent, THEY'RE the problem. So when they grow up out of high school, they can't be expected to not be violent when seeing a Confederate flag on the street? Learning is part of school. Maybe they need to learn about not becoming violent whenever they see something they don't like. Then maybe when they're adults they'll learn to not cause trouble like the BLM and Antifa folks.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:22 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I read the article and the school is trying to "keep the peace". Well if any black students can't accept someone's freedom of speech without becoming violent, THEY'RE the problem. So when they grow up out of high school, they can't be expected to not be violent when seeing a Confederate flag on the street? Learning is part of school. Maybe they need to learn about not becoming violent whenever they see something they don't like. Then maybe when they're adults they'll learn to not cause trouble like the BLM and Antifa folks.
Shenanigans. Young men in the high-school age bracket could find a way to leverage My Little Pony imagery or the whistling of showtunes or, probably, provocative wiggling of eyebrows to cause friction. It's what they do. It's what I did at that age. It's a feature of the young male to do really stupid stuff to be rebellious.

They're in school to learn of democracy, not practice it.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:30 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:

I didn't grow up here, but I have to admit, some of the food is pretty bragworthy. Other than that...meh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies