Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 05:01 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times

Advertisements

Yawn.

If it's not a MAGA hat, it's the other ever reliable symbol lovingly used by narcissists to provoke and bait people. This student knew what he was doing, so utterly predictable, these social media fools. Just as predictable will be those eagerly defending these narcissists.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high...163155603.html

Quote:
A student at Fayetteville High School in Fayetteville, Ark., has been suspended for wearing — and refusing to remove — a Confederate flag-themed shirt and face paint in support of a pro-flag movement called #HistoryNotHate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 05:11 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
It's a southern state. I don't care what those little racists do.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:15 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,965,100 times
to me, it is fine if Confederate Flags and MAGA attire are not acceptable in PUBLIC schools.
of course, there is the "other side" with their political pronouncements on clothing.
both, in my opinion, should be treated the same way.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:16 PM

662 posts, read 313,250 times
Still not sure why so many people still love the traitor flag so much. I know they claim history/heritage etc. I grew up in MS and listened to them growing up. Didn't take long as an adult to realize its just a symbol of disdain for the US government, often the people waving it call themselves true patriots.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:16 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Disrupting attire doesn't belong in school. That goes for flags other than the US flag, Che Guevera shirts, BLM, etc.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:19 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Abolish government schools.

Abolish government while we're at it.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:24 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,687,653 times
This is living proof that the "southern strategy" actually occurred. Here we have a kid who is more than likely a Trump supporter republican in training who wants to honor his dead racist democrat ancestors.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:29 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,895,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
This is living proof that the "southern strategy" actually occurred. Here we have a kid who is more than likely a Trump supporter republican in training who wants to honor his dead racist democrat ancestors.
He probably doesn't even have an ancestor that was involved. I admit they did some serious brainwashing back then it's crazy how the southern elite were able to manipulate the low class southerns into fighting a war for them, and still to this day they're fighting for a battle that had nothing to do with them.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:42 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Disrupting attire doesn't belong in school. That goes for flags other than the US flag, Che Guevera shirts, BLM, etc.
Let's face it, kids of high-school age are masterly at finding ways to start trouble without technically breaking any rules.

Anyone here ever read Stalky & Co? 19th-century boarding school capers, written by Kipling. At one point, the main characters think up a clever plan to get revenge on a housemaster who turned them out of their private study, and the house was in utter chaos within hours. No school rules were broken, none of the events could in any way be traced to them, as far as anyone can prove, they're absolute angels. And the headmaster sees right through it, and canes them thoroughly.

Quote:
"You've been bothering Mr. Prout,” he said pensively. “House-masters aren't here to be bothered by boys more than is necessary. I don't like being bothered by these things. You are bothering me. That is a very serious offense. You see it?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Well, now, I purpose to bother you, on personal and private grounds, because you have broken into my time."
I'm not in favor of caning, obviously, but any set of rules for dealing with high school kids need a post-script along the lines of "Anyone deliberately causing disturbances while technically within the rules will suffer such consequences as higher authority sees fit."

Old 01-23-2019, 05:54 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
It's a southern state. I don't care what those little racists do.
awesome that you're complaining about something while doing the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies