Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 06:57 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Some grocery stores may donate expired or unsold food to food banks, etc, but a large majority are thrown in their dumpsters, many stores even have their dumpsters locked to prevent people from getting them too, they claim they 'just cannot allow it legally'...Yeah right OK?!! LOL

Old 01-25-2019, 06:57 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
So, a hypothetical....

I get tossed from my apartment bcause I didn't have a paycheck and I could not pay the rent.

I go across the street and check into Donald's DC Hotel. I stay for a couple weeks until Federal employees are put back to work AND I get a paycheck.

Bill for the two weeks comes to around $5250. (14 nights at $375 per night).

I check out and tell them that Donald "will take care of me" under his "we'll work with out of work Federal employees".

Do I make it to the door before I am arrested? Does Donald "take care of it"?

Now, I go into the grocery store, and.......

Old 01-25-2019, 06:58 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
This has nothing to do with trump lying about grocery stores.
Its related to border security, need for the wall though.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:02 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
So, a hypothetical....

I get tossed from my apartment bcause I didn't have a paycheck and I could not pay the rent.

I go across the street and check into Donald's DC Hotel. I stay for a couple weeks until Federal employees are put back to work AND I get a paycheck.

Bill for the two weeks comes to around $9100. (24 nights at $650 per night).

I check out and tell them that Donald "will take care of me" under his "we'll work with out of work Federal employees".

Do I make it to the door before I am arrested? Does Donald "take care of it"?

Now, I go into the grocery store, and.......
Please, please, let someone do this.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:07 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Some grocery stores may donate expired or unsold food to food banks, etc, but a large majority are thrown in their dumpsters, many stores even have their dumpsters locked to prevent people from getting them too, they claim they 'just cannot allow it legally'...Yeah right OK?!! LOL
I worked for a grocery company warehouse for 31 years .They do not give away or donate "expired food" . . It's product that they can not sell or received by mistake or is close on sell by dates, or product that they just have too much of

Old 01-25-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Please, please, let someone do this.
I am going to try it today ,I'll let you know.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its related to border security, need for the wall though.
.....again nothing to do with trump lying about grocery stores.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:26 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Again, this is mostly based on your personal opinions/observations of the president, coupled with lots of anti-Trump docs out there who want more than anything to say the man is "insane" or "mentally ill". I submit to you that none of us are 100% sane. Almost everyone I have met in my life has exhibited signs at one point or another that maybe they just weren't all there. Can you honestly say that you could look at Trump's opponent in the 2016 elections and say "Yeah, she's got all her marbles! Nothing wrong there!" Yes, there are times when I wonder if Trump is truly all there. But if I'm honest, I wonder that about almost every one of these sycophantic politicians I see on TV every day. I don't think a single one of them is truly "right in the head". Of course, once again, that's just my personal opinion. But I do see what you are saying and understand where you are going with this comment. I guess in the end, only time will tell. However, I can tell you one thing. There were a lot of people who thought our "insane" POTUS would already have plunged us into some sort of nuclear holocaust by now. And so far, we've dodged that bullet. I can only hope that trend continues through this president and many presidents to come.
Thats a pretty low bar for a President of the United States don't you think? What happened to being the leader and protector of all Americans? Its absurd for a President to be belittling, insulting and degrading a large swath of Americans simply because they are not part of his "base".

Its amazing how low the bar has sunk for discourse since Trump came onto the scene and it became ok to "grab em by the *****" and "Mexicans are rapists and thieves".

Old 01-25-2019, 08:32 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump's right again.

The grocery stores have been working all along with the food banks in many areas including the one I live in. Supplying the food banks with everything from bread, canned foods, and meats.
Ha ha ha ha!

Old 01-25-2019, 08:35 AM

949 posts, read 572,763 times
Anyone that does not have to be involved with our daily infrastructure is privileged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies