Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2019, 06:41 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornraider View Post
[/b]

How is this prevented by shutting down the border? Illegal workers are still taxed (I doubt most are paid under-the-table anymore); diseases? no proof of that; and drugs will ALWAYS make it into the hands of paying junkies!

We don't have to shut down the border just secure it as best we can. There will always be legal ports of entry. How are illegal workers taxed if not by using a fake or stolen ID and that's a felony. You're wrong, there are plenty that are being paid under the table which is tax evasion, another felony.

When people come from sub-standard, unsanitary conditions and not vetted for diseases and criminality there is a great likelyhood of disease and crime. As for drugs we can still do a lot more to prevent them from getting into our country. Of course nothing is 100% effective so lefty liberals just throw up their hands and claim we can't do anything including reducing these problems. Such a defeatist attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 06:42 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Pelosi, Schumer and the Democrat Party along with the Media are just traitors. Plain, and simple.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:45 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Pelosi, Schumer and the Democrat Party along with the Media are just traitors. Plain, and simple.
That’s an odd statement considering the GOP is a Russian subsidiary.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:49 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Democrats need to stop misquoting the DHS report. They talk about how many people overstay visas and how many illegal aliens are apprehended at the border. We know how many people overstay visas. We DON'T know how many people cross the southern border, we only know how many we CATCH.You conveniently skip Title II of S.744, which was an amnesty for most illegals in the U.S. (when we have no idea how many there are), and the subtitles that hugely increased legal immigration and the refugee and asylum programs.

It wasn't a border security bill, it made the border obsolete.
My first choice would be to send them all home. But we know that won't happen because the employers want them here. The employers enjoy dumping their labor cost onto the taxpayers.

I do not support amnesty, but to keep them in limbo is silly. They could have a green card. Something needs doing about benefits. Social security would need to be changed. Birthright citizenship needs stopping.

Years ago I had a neighbor who worked for Social Security. He had a thing about the amount of Greeks who came to the USA to work their required quarters. They then retired home to Greece. My neighbor informed me the amount of money going out of the USA to Greece was staggering. Maybe say only USA citizens pay into and get SS. I don't know the pros and cons. But surely, the congress could figure it out.

This needs resolving, ASAP. Blaming one party or the other is not productive. It takes energy that could be used sitting in the local office of our congress people.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:50 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How could any of them have not committed a crime such as felony ID theft to work or tax evasion by working for cash? Sorry, but I don't think any of them should be able to use their families as an excuse to remain here. The courts already struck down DAPA. Since when do American law breakers get a pass just because they have families?

We already have several guest worker programs and how are Americans to get back their construction jobs, etc. back by allowing illegal aliens to remain here? There is something we can do about illegal aliens whether or not they have families and that is to deport them as they are found. They can take their families with them back to their homelands including their anchor babies or leave them here as long as we have the PC policy of deeming them citizens of our country.

I agree on the wall. Good physical barriers have already proven to work very effectively and the Border Patrol wants them to protect themselves and to make their jobs easier.
In a better world, the United States would have zero illegal immigrants. And the Mexican border wall should have been built 30 years ago. Why it wasn’t I will never understand.

But, since we can’t change the past, we have to deal with the situation on our hands now. It would be a serious human rights issue if we tried to deport millions of illegal immigrant families from the United States. Arresting and taking away entire families who have otherwise not committed any crimes sounds too much like a police state to me.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:52 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Your desperation is showing.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:53 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So why did Trump install an Energy Policy that is killing the Russian economy, and lessening Putin's power? What proof do you have of Trump's Russia connection?

The Democrats value political POWER over national security, and keeping citizens safe. That is obvious.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:54 AM

2,657 posts, read 1,375,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not the good walls. The last one who tried broke both legs trying. Sure some will succeed but most won't. That isn't good enough for you and yours? It has to be 100% effective? A barrier slows them down to. Just recently several migrants managed to scale the mere flimsy fencing but the Border Patrol was there in time to apprehend them. Still want to make the silly argument that walls aren't effective and a huge deterrant? I guess you're one of those who thinks they know better than proven examples and the words of the Border Patrol and Homeland Security?
A border wall may increase the efficiency of the border patrol in urban areas such as San Diego and El Paso, but the wall will be well over a thousand miles long and will pass through sone incredibly remote areas. The weak links will quickly befound. Not everyone crossing it will break both legs. I would say most will succeed in crossing it. It will be a monument to our stupidity uf it gets built, which I think it probably won't. The majority of the American people don't even want it.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:56 AM

2,657 posts, read 1,375,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
In a better world, the United States would have zero illegal immigrants. And the Mexican border wall should have been built 30 years ago. Why it wasn’t I will never understand.

But, since we can’t change the past, we have to deal with the situation on our hands now. It would be a serious human rights issue if we tried to deport millions of illegal immigrant families from the United States. Arresting and taking away entire families who have otherwise not committed any crimes sounds too much like a police state to me.
Exactly.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:58 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Your desperation is showing.
I’m fine. Trump wouldn’t hire me to work on his campaign. All my references were Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies