Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2019, 02:38 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,305,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber11 View Post
Further, Dems are for SECURITY on the border, like the legal entry ports where even DHS stated for the record the majority of undocumented aliens arrive from (they overstay their visas) where much of the drugs are traffic'd (as low percentage of cars/trucks) are searched.
Democrats need to stop misquoting the DHS report. They talk about how many people overstay visas and how many illegal aliens are apprehended at the border. We know how many people overstay visas. We DON'T know how many people cross the southern border, we only know how many we CATCH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
In 2013, the Democrats controlled Senate. They passed a 46 Billion border security bill. The Freedom Caucus voted it down in the Republican controlled house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013
You conveniently skip Title II of S.744, which was an amnesty for most illegals in the U.S. (when we have no idea how many there are), and the subtitles that hugely increased legal immigration and the refugee and asylum programs.

It wasn't a border security bill, it made the border obsolete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 04:06 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,402,982 times
when the state Nancy represents, California, is a Sanctuary State and that same state is proposing providing health care coverage along with free public education and other taxpayer funded services to illegals, there is no way she wants to protect our borders. She doesn't care about americans' safety or protecting us from crimes committed by illegals.

anecdotally, someone in California stole my social security number for employment. the IRS in California let me know via a form letter. when I tried to follow up so I could file a police report, the California IRS wouldn't give me any information on this person who stole my identity. they obviously know where she works. the state of California has chosen to protect the thief, not me.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:02 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,139,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I believe there is a some truth to this. Our national security sacrificed for political pandering.
Youve fallen hook line and sinker for the propaganda that we have an invasion. We dont. It was the only talking point that trump could use to get elected, because it was an easy subject for people that didnt want to use their brains. He could care less about security. He wants to make money, and tear down sanctions for Russia. Please read between the lines and stop falling for the bumper sticker slogans.

Last edited by Harry Hemi; 01-26-2019 at 05:20 PM..

Old 01-26-2019, 05:15 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,400,880 times
why dont we just open the border and let the liberal have what they want, high crime, high unemployment, low income, no tax money, dieses, drugs

Old 01-26-2019, 05:16 PM

1,175 posts, read 2,535,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Lack of a wall?

In southern Florida's Sunny Isles Beach, Russian tourists Anna and Helen sip coffee with their husbands and newborn babies: a common scene in what has become a prized destination for well-off foreigners looking to secure US citizenship for their children.

https://www.france24.com/en/20190125...merican-babies
We spent some time in Sunny Isles Beach area not long ago. The place was swarming with young women walking babies in strollers. We at first thought they were nannies. We finally asked someone in a store what was up with all this. She said it was well off Russians that come over while pregnant to have their babies, so that the babies will be American citizens. How will a wall stop that?

Trump was spouting off about stopping chain migration, while actively bringing over his in-laws to the US via his wife’s citizenship. They are now US citizens, so chain migration can be stopped now. Unless of course they are bringing over Melania’s sister.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:17 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,342,991 times
Quote:
Just a simple question, but I truly don't understand this.

Other than just the fact that they detest Trump, I don't understand their refusal to compromise in anyway on this issue. It's not just a "wall", it's a way to gain control of the borders of this country and help protect the citizens within.

It's not a party/politics thing, it's for our national security. Why would they want uncontrolled entry into our country?

Maybe someone can enlighten me.
Why do Maga pro trumpers think the wall is the best way to spend billions and billions of dollars, instead of on border agents and drones?

The wall is a stupid idea and won't secure the border

Old 01-26-2019, 05:18 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,342,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
why dont we just open the border and let the liberal have what they want, high crime, high unemployment, low income, no tax money, dieses, drugs
Pretty sure the poorest states in the union with the biggest opioid crisis are red ones

Old 01-26-2019, 06:26 PM

62,997 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausikaa View Post
We spent some time in Sunny Isles Beach area not long ago. The place was swarming with young women walking babies in strollers. We at first thought they were nannies. We finally asked someone in a store what was up with all this. She said it was well off Russians that come over while pregnant to have their babies, so that the babies will be American citizens. How will a wall stop that?

Trump was spouting off about stopping chain migration, while actively bringing over his in-laws to the US via his wife’s citizenship. They are now US citizens, so chain migration can be stopped now. Unless of course they are bringing over Melania’s sister.

It won't, duh. So why even bring that up? The Wall is to deter border jumpers. The problem you mentioned will just have to be dealt with in a different way. We should end birthright citizenship for babies born from foreigners unless they are here legally and are a permanent resident not anyone on a tourist visa. Different problems have different solutions so again why bring up something unrelated to border security? Its a mere deflection.

Many Americans have enjoyed chain migration for their families not just Trump's wife. At some point in time that needs to end but it should never be retroactive and those who had it before the law gets changed should not be demonized nor ridiculed for it. Just another deflection on your part.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:34 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,343,415 times
Quote:
Just a simple question, but I truly don't understand this.

Other than just the fact that they detest Trump, I don't understand their refusal to compromise in anyway on this issue. It's not just a "wall", it's a way to gain control of the borders of this country and help protect the citizens within.

It's not a party/politics thing, it's for our national security. Why would they want uncontrolled entry into our country?

Maybe someone can enlighten me.
They want as much border security as you do they just dont think a wall is the way to go. As the wall can be easily bypassed.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:38 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,218,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Why do Maga pro trumpers think the wall is the best way to spend billions and billions of dollars, instead of on border agents and drones?

The wall is a stupid idea and won't secure the border
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
They want as much border security as you do they just dont think a wall is the way to go. As the wall can be easily bypassed.
It amazes me how lefties on these forums seem to know better than the border patrol on how to secure the border.

The union for the border patrol backed Trump's presidency. And while they don't believe we need a wall from California to Texas, they do believe that the barrier we have now is insufficient and needs to be expanded, and made harder to get through/over(IE taller/stronger).

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-survey-finds/

https://www.npr.org/2017/01/26/51174...mps-wall-plans

Can you lefties please stop claiming that walls do nothing? The people who actually know what they're talking about say otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies