Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2019, 02:26 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Why do liberals want Trump to resign?

Because they THINK they want Mike Pence. Although some are so dumb, they think if Trump goes, Pence automatically goes to too and you get Ocasio-COrtez or Michelle Obama in the Oval Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
I agree. I liked trump when he was on the Apprentice. He lost me when he made fun of the reporter, with a disability. The downward spiral continued, when he chose to cut up his opponents, as he rose to the top of the primary, like sour cream.

Really think he should resign, to MAGA. He is in over his head. That old saying that anyone can grow up to be president.............."grow up," that is a big qualification. Add empathy and critical thinking, there are many skills that are required for president and commander in chief.

Holding your employees hostage for leverage to bargain is way over the top. Hopefully, a law will be passed to never put our government on hold while presidents and congress play in the sandbox.
The reporter thing was disproved.
You have your own ideas on what makes a president. DOesn't mean they're correct. Are you under they impression that every US President had these great skills? Maybe you should research the administrations and agendas of Woodrow Wilson and Andrew Johnson just to start.

Barack Obama was in over his head, as was Bush the 2nd, as was Jimmy Carter, and probably 95% of US presidents depending on who you ask. The country survived them all. You will survive Trump to if you keep yourself gainfully employed and don't take everything on CNN and MSNBC as fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
It's the independents that are walking away in droves. The diehards will always be there.
I'm Indy, I'm still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The argument would be that he never expected to win. He only ran to increase publicity for himself. He never wanted the job of actually governing, and that's abundantly clear from how he has approached the office.
He approached the office with a winning formula apparently. He seemed to know how to win better than a bunch of career politicians. Wi ll likely win again in 2020 as the Democratic party seems to be in dissaray.

Man, when I hear all of this craziness and hysteria, its hard to believe I was a liberal democrat for most of my adult life. Funny enough, it was a bi-racial president and his policies that drove me off the ticket. But don't fault me, it's what happens when you're raised in a poor black community. You get literally get taught that republicans take care of the rich and hate anybody non-white, and will take away the hard earned welfare benefits from you and your extended family members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 04:21 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, before today, Trump was tough, he said clearly many times, I WILL NOT EVER GIVE UP ON THIS, and many other similar statements....he proved himself a hypocrite before the shutdown even reached a full month!!

Im sorry to say it, but Im DONE with him as of today, this was pathetic, he just proved everyone right in a very clear and direct way, and Im actually wondering if this was not the ultimate goal to begin with.
He needs legislative cooperation. He'll be able to say credibly that he tried. He did a lot more than presenting some "DOA" budget and claiming promises kept.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:23 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Trump's head would explode before he would resign...

Old 01-26-2019, 04:27 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Because they THINK they want Mike Pence. Although some are so dumb, they think if Trump goes, Pence automatically goes to too and you get Ocasio-COrtez or Michelle Obama in the Oval Office

You have your own ideas on what makes a president. DOesn't mean they're correct. Are you under they impression that every US President had these great skills? Maybe you should research the administrations and agendas of Woodrow Wilson and Andrew Johnson just to start.

Barack Obama was in over his head, as was Bush the 2nd, as was Jimmy Carter, and probably 95% of US presidents depending on who you ask. The country survived them all. You will survive Trump to if you keep yourself gainfully employed and don't take everything on CNN and MSNBC as fact.

I'm Indy, I'm still here

He approached the office with a winning formula apparently. He seemed to know how to win better than a bunch of career politicians. Wi ll likely win again in 2020 as the Democratic party seems to be in dissaray.

Man, when I hear all of this craziness and hysteria, its hard to believe I was a liberal democrat for most of my adult life. Funny enough, it was a bi-racial president and his policies that drove me off the ticket. But don't fault me, it's what happens when you're raised in a poor black community. You get literally get taught that republicans take care of the rich and hate anybody non-white, and will take away the hard earned welfare benefits from you and your extended family members.
Yes--the 35 day government shutdown for an illusion election promise Trump could have cared less about until he saw the crowds' response, a shutdown that negatively impacted 800,000K--a thousand times more than the voter margin for Trump in his electoral victory---
If you think that Trump cares as much about individuals as he does his suntan you are sadly mistaken...

The Truth of Trump's Election Chimera--
80K votes
3 states
Lowest electoral college victory in decades
High probability of Russian and other illegal campaign activities on Trump's campaign but also possibly through the RNC/NRA donations of tainted Russian sourced donations

Old 01-26-2019, 04:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Yes--the 35 day government shutdown for an illusion election promise Trump could have cared less about until he saw the crowds' response, a shutdown that negatively impacted 800,000K--a thousand times more than the voter margin for Trump in his electoral victory---
If you think that Trump cares as much about individuals as he does his suntan you are sadly mistaken...

The Truth of Trump's Election Chimera--
80K votes
3 states
Lowest electoral college victory in decades
High probability of Russian and other illegal campaign activities on Trump's campaign but also possibly through the RNC/NRA donations of tainted Russian sourced donations
Which is why his time in office should be deemed null and void along with his SCOTUS appointments.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:37 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,132 times
Resign? After only 2 completed years with 6 more years to go?? Nah. Americas not done with the snowflakes yet. MAGA

Old 01-26-2019, 04:39 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Writing "tRump" isn't funny nor clever.
Oh yes it is!

Old 01-26-2019, 04:40 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,007,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Trump's head would explode before he would resign...
I’d pay money to see that in person!

Old 01-26-2019, 04:40 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Trump is your President and will be till 2025.
LOL keep dreaming!

Old 01-26-2019, 04:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post

I'm Indy, I'm still here

Nobody I know wants Pence believe me. And the fact is that Pence lied about Flynn so he should rightfully go down with this sinking ship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies