Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 06:04 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The Famine is still a very sensitive subject in Ireland to this day and a lot of people died or were forced to leave through stavation.
And to those of us whose ancestors suffered, but you can't control trash.

It seems some posters are missing the point, perhaps purposely. If a white entertainer made similar remarks there would be calls for his or her head and demands that the label drop them. While this is getting some steam, it's nowhere near the volume it would be at if it was reversed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 06:05 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times
Never even heard of her, but that was incredibly inappropriate.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:32 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
I honestly don’t know who she is but she sounds nasty.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:35 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
whats not "commonly" known about the potato famine was that ships full of food were dumped into the Thames river at the same time as the famine because the price was not right...

there are parts of Ireland were all you see in pictures are rock and more rocks even house made of rocks lol

The Irish were looked down upon and mistreated as worthless by the English...funny how those same people can come to America and prosper....similar to the "class" of criminals that settled Australia

Old 01-26-2019, 06:55 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And to those of us whose ancestors suffered, but you can't control trash.

It seems some posters are missing the point, perhaps purposely. If a white entertainer made similar remarks there would be calls for his or her head and demands that the label drop them. While this is getting some steam, it's nowhere near the volume it would be at if it was reversed.
Thats true, but shes not famous enough in this country for people to care, or call for action, such as contacting her record company and such.

Based on the music videos I just looked up, she isnt doing well. On her Instagram, she is in a habit of trying to stir up sh*t. So if people get outraged and give her publicity, she gets what she wants. Shes proud of being ghetto. What better way to get publicity that to use the outrage of white people looking to turn the tables back?

Its stupid as hell, so is she, and dont think its going to work. Shes a poor choice to use by the flag waving nationalists desperately looking to flip the race card. (not you M)

I guess they have to grasp at straws. So the OP can go ahead and push the agenda trying to point out that a woman that already has nothing should be ruined, lol.

Maybe the OP can research to see if Jay Z dressed as a leprechaun in whiteface, and try to bring him down!

I highly doubt that the Irish ever thought they were being oppressed by black people, they wouldnt care what she said...not for very long.

BTW Im sure there are artists making racist or off colour remarks while doing shows, or on instagram, but they arent famous yet, so we arent hearing about them.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Thats true, but shes not famous enough in this country for people to care, or call for action, such as contacting her record company and such.

Based on the music videos I just looked up, she isnt doing well. On her Instagram, she is in a habit of trying to stir up sh*t. So if people get outraged and give her publicity, she gets what she wants. Shes proud of being ghetto. What better way to get publicity that to use the outrage of white people looking to turn the tables back?

Its stupid as hell, so is she, and dont think its going to work. Shes a poor choice to use by the flag waving nationalists desperately looking to flip the race card. (not you M)

I guess they have to grasp at straws. So the OP can go ahead and push the agenda trying to point out that a woman that already has nothing should be ruined, lol.

Maybe the OP can research to see if Jay Z dressed as a leprechaun in whiteface, and try to bring him down!

I highly doubt that the Irish ever thought they were being oppressed by black people, they wouldnt care what she said...not for very long.

BTW Im sure there are artists making racist or off colour remarks while doing shows, or on instagram, but they arent famous yet, so we arent hearing about them.
Harry, it doesn't matter if she's doing well. If it was reversed she could be a school student, a blue collar worker - anybody - and the SJW's would be calling for her head.

And no, the Irish don't think they were oppressed by black people - the whole point is the double standard that exists where SJW's are concerned.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:36 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
I thought maybe I had an inkling of who she was until I googled her, no idea who she is. I think I'm confusing her with a couple other people. I did watch her video & I really couldn't make out what was going on. Apparently this whole thing stemmed from a fight she got into with someone at the airline & that's when she went off on the irish? Talk about a knee jerk reaction. I did have to laugh at "inbred leprechauns", just because I find leprechauns to be funny.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:49 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
In addition to being incredibly racist and unkind, that's gotta fall into the category of incredibly stupid to diss your clients ...or does racism against whites pay off these days?
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
She's quite the open minded, unbiased left winger performer. I hope her career takes a dive and she ends up in poverty.
Hasn't paid off for "journalists". Alas, if only they had learned to code.

Old 01-27-2019, 12:53 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Harry, it doesn't matter if she's doing well. If it was reversed she could be a school student, a blue collar worker - anybody - and the SJW's would be calling for her head.

And no, the Irish don't think they were oppressed by black people - the whole point is the double standard that exists where SJW's are concerned.
Yes, the SJW's do go overboard much of the time. But as long as people give them the attention for the dumb things, and in the case of this thread, keep trying to counter it, it will fuel their fire. Because in the end, if the Irish people dont care, who really should?

Old 01-27-2019, 12:55 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
I never worry about people who can’t even spell their own first name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies