Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 01:58 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,005,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Uh, one is a POTUS the other a lowly 2 year Rep.

Which of these things is NOT like the other......

Also, if wisdom comes with age, Trump loses every such contest.
Nobody said they were equal, Jesus H Christ can you answer a question without sounding like a complete moron just once on this forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 01:59 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,929,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
There are plenty of people from her alma mater, with the same economics degree that she has, who work on Wall Street. Boston University is considered a good school and an economics degree from it should open doors in numerous economics-oriented jobs, such as analysts in investment banks.

She is a moron. With a bachelor's degree in economics, she should have had plenty of options, unless she had really bad grades or had no motivation.

With an unemployment rate that's the lowest in a generation, someone with an economics degree from BU should have plenty of options. If she had a degree in basketweaving from No-Name University, perhaps her options would have been more limited.
Lots of problems here. She graduated c-m laude and ran her own press firm before being a campaigner for Sanders.

The bartender thing is about relatability and frankly is a common second gig. But conservatives are using it as a weapon to call her stupid.

Here’s from wiki

She launched Brook Avenue Press, a publishing firm for books that portray the Bronx in a positive light.[33] She worked as lead educational strategist at GAGEis, Inc.[34] Ocasio-Cortez also worked for the nonprofit National Hispanic Institute (NHI),[35] and served as NHI's Educational Director of the 2017 Northeast Collegiate World Series, a five-day long program targeted at college-bound high school students from across the United States and other countries, where she participated in a panel on Latino leadership.[23][

Old 01-26-2019, 02:03 PM

39,025 posts, read 51,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
There are plenty of people from her alma mater, with the same economics degree that she has, who work on Wall Street. Boston University is considered a good school and an economics degree from it should open doors in numerous economics-oriented jobs, such as analysts in investment banks.

She is a moron. With a bachelor's degree in economics, she should have had plenty of options, unless she had really bad grades or had no motivation.

With an unemployment rate that's the lowest in a generation, someone with an economics degree from BU should have plenty of options. If she had a degree in basketweaving from No-Name University, perhaps her options would have been more limited.

I finished undergrad during a near-recession and my classmates, particularly with economics degrees, did fine; the ones with economics degrees usually went to banks and other financial firms, even in a much harder job market and from a school that nobody much has heard of.
Seriously? She is the youngest person ever to win a congressional seat and she beat an old stalwart who was in position to become the next Speaker. She is the toast of DC, is bringing her generation into politics, and has shook up the right wing rather badly it seems from all the comments. By anyone's yardstick that would be success and hardly fitting for a "moron". And she barely has her feet wet yet. Not bad for an Econ major.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:03 PM

1,279 posts, read 846,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Lots of problems here. She graduated c-m laude and ran her own press firm before being a campaigner for Sanders.

The bartender thing is about relatability and frankly is a common second gig.
"her own press firm": she couldn't get a job anywhere else. If she were capable, she would have been hired by a real company; the media business is thriving around NYC.

"campaigner for Sanders": rather than earn a living, she pursued a job that didn't pay anything.

"bartender thing": since neither job above paid anything, she had to find something to pay some of the bills.

She's a moron.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:29 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,150,460 times
Don't forget, there area staunch Trumpists who are repulsed by the GOP. These people had already pretty much given up on the GOP and if it was anyone other than Trump who had run for office against Hillary, we might have found out just how close to extinction the party is. Many who voted Republican couldn't have given a rat's behind about the party, they just wanted Trump. Now the GOP has undermined Trump. Good going. Not for nothing do they call it "the stupid party". That look on Mitt Romney's puss when he found out he had lost against Obama. My sides. Expect more of this.

And LOL on the lefties who are concern trolling about the demise of the Republican party. Just, LOL. LMAO.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:45 PM

19,785 posts, read 12,037,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post

The bartender thing is about relatability and frankly is a common second gig. But conservatives are using it as a weapon to call her stupid.

Here’s from wiki

She launched Brook Avenue Press, a publishing firm for books that portray the Bronx in a positive light.[33] She worked as lead educational strategist at GAGEis, Inc.[34] Ocasio-Cortez also worked for the nonprofit National Hispanic Institute (NHI),[35] and served as NHI's Educational Director of the 2017 Northeast Collegiate World Series, a five-day long program targeted at college-bound high school students from across the United States and other countries, where she participated in a panel on Latino leadership.[23][

LOL @ ran her own press firm. I have a bridge to sell you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pFAayEMqDM

http://clerk.house.gov/public_disc/f...8/10021221.pdf

Old 01-26-2019, 02:56 PM

1,279 posts, read 846,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
LOL @ ran her own press firm. I have a bridge to sell you.
Exactly. I could sit on my sofa all day, check my bank balances online and claim to be "CEO of a investment fund" or "managing director of a family office". If I then got a job as a bartender, that would show what kind of job my prior one was (i.e., one that didn't amount to much of anything and couldn't pay the bills).

Old 01-26-2019, 03:02 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Seriously? She is the youngest person ever to win a congressional seat and she beat an old stalwart who was in position to become the next Speaker. She is the toast of DC, is bringing her generation into politics, and has shook up the right wing rather badly it seems from all the comments. By anyone's yardstick that would be success and hardly fitting for a "moron". And she barely has her feet wet yet. Not bad for an Econ major.
True.

And it seems like she had an interest in politics so perhaps that was her plan.

Better a young working woman than the 10,000th attorney in Congress.

Old 01-26-2019, 03:08 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,046,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
I'm a registered Republican and have been my whole life. I am not a fan of Trump as a person. I do think he has done some good things, but he's also done some not so good things. I voted for him in 2016, I'm undecided on whether I will vote for him again in 2020. I've got almost 2 years to make up my mind.
You'll vote for him again. Just like you voted your whole life.
I'm was a registered Republican, I unregistered in 2015.
The Republican Party reabsorbed the Tea-Party (or had used it as a secret branch),
I am a registered independent now.

I think Ocazio is not bad for an Economics major. Plus she ran her own make-shift startup family-owned entrepreneur Press Firm. Once she legalizes all of the illegals and doesn't allow employers to hide their hiring practices, they will not be able to allow employers to bring down our wages anymore.

Old 01-26-2019, 03:09 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,929,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Don’t really get you guys. On the one hand you want Trump to take it to the elites because screw them yet a 29 year old normal person isn’t elite enough to be in politics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies