Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 07:45 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
There’s no wealth transfer when it’s done voluntarily. It’s called wealth exchange as both parties exchange wealth based on their own needs.

The real wealth transfer is the entitlement programs where trillions of dollars are confiscated from the productive members of the society and give to the unproductive.
That's what she's saying. she's saying they pay their employees so low that they are on government assistance winch essentially means the taxpayer is subsidizing Walmart, and many other corporations. I agree no one should be working 40 hours a week, and still have to be on public assistance. Those "cheap" products at Wal-Mart are really just the government subsidizing them.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:48 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
At 29, this stupid girl has racked up all most as many gaffes as Weird Uncle Joe, and he's almost three times her age.

Check out the latest gem:" I think it’s wrong that corporations like Walmart can get paid by the government, essentially experience a wealth transfer from the public, for paying people less than minimum wage,”

No, stupid. Walmart pays it's lowest-paid workers $11/hour. Minimum wage is $7.25. So that's more 50% over minimum wage. Stupid. Not to mention, the government doesn't give Walmart a damn thing. On the contrary, they pay billions in taxes.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/apos-...093103198.html

Honest to God, can't this field trip be over? Can't she just turn in her term paper now?
"My fun experience as a Congressgirl: Cool Laws I would Pass: Everybody Gets a Million Dollars and nobody has to work" by Sandy Ocasio-Corte

Well, think about this for a minute. Donald Trump racks up at least that many PER DAY, if not per hour. Almost 100% of what comes out of his mouth is either inaccurate or an outright lie. (We can provide a list, if you like). So, if that is ok with you, why should this inexperienced young girl rile you up so much ?

When you get your own house spotless, come back and see us.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:49 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Are you aware that Walmart has a long history of treating their employees badly, and only in recent years have they tried to improve their image after all the bad publicity? The government was indirectly "giving" Walmart money because the pay was so low that the employees were on public assistance anyway.

Your bias is really tacky. People speaking longingly of wishing politicians weren't so scripted, and when there's someone like Biden who's less scripted, people like you attack him gleefully about "gaffes." And, yes, AOC is barking up the wrong tree sometimes, and I'd be happy if she shut up for a few months while she was getting the hang of things, but the gotcha-attitude toward a newbie by people like you is really dumb.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:50 PM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Why so afraid of a Jr. Congresswoman?
They have to find a threat and someone to hate. Anything not to face reality. There will be a bunch of these meaningless threads as Trump flops like a dying fish.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:50 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times
Quote:
Why so afraid of a Jr. Congresswoman?
The rigjt wing media demonized her the moment she won the DEM primary. She beat a old white male incumbent. The feminization Brown woman threat began. The conditioning of the base began and like a Pavlovian response we witness the result. How many threads about AOC already ? They the conservative faithful fall in line.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:51 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
The rigjt wing media demonized her the moment she won the DEM primary. She beat a old white male incumbent. The feminization began. The conditioning of the base began and like a Pavlovian response we witness the result. How many threads about AOC already ? They the conservative faithful fall in line.
What?

Old 01-26-2019, 07:53 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
Quote:
What?
Translation OCDS. Lol

Old 01-26-2019, 07:58 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
That's what she's saying. she's saying they pay their employees so low that they are on government assistance winch essentially means the taxpayer is subsidizing Walmart, and many other corporations. I agree no one should be working 40 hours a week, and still have to be on public assistance. Those "cheap" products at Wal-Mart are really just the government subsidizing them.
How is that Walmart’s fault? Stop giving them government assistance with the money confiscated from the most productive people and businesses.

If they think the pay is too low, they don’t have to work for them. The fact is that they think the pay is far as nobody would work for someone if the pay is not worth their time and effort.

If you think Walmart can pay higher wages, I must remind you that 1) why should anybody pay more than the fair market value, and 2) the Walmart’s profit margin is only 3%.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:04 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
The rigjt wing media demonized her the moment she won the DEM primary. She beat a old white male incumbent. The feminization Brown woman threat began. The conditioning of the base began and like a Pavlovian response we witness the result. How many threads about AOC already ? They the conservative faithful fall in line.
She beat a male democrat. The right wouldn't care. It can't be that her politics are completely contrary to any conservative's?

Reminds of when an Obama campaign volunteer called me a racist because I wouldn't allow them to put a vote Obama sign in my yard. The fact that I allowed no campaign signs in my yard eluded the volunteer, as did the fact that there are 3 different races in my family...
Hardliners.. Everything g is racist, sexist, xenophobic etc. Then they wonder why they lost all credibility.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:05 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times
Quote:
What?
Right wing media has their base conditioned on a whole string of subjects. Like a dog classically conditioned dog. Hate tis person and you do. That simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies