Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 10:44 PM

2,362 posts, read 780,202 times

Advertisements

I see both sides. It's easy enough (albeit annoying) to get another Uber. Uber driver was caught off guard that there would be a dog. Unlike taxis, this is his or her personal car. I can see this being a sensitive issue.

I would not fire the driver, instead as a company I'd work to improve the app to have an indication that the customer is accompanied with a service dog. All those who don't want a dog in their car can opt out of this preventing such embarrassing outcomes in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 10:47 PM

2,362 posts, read 780,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I've seen Ubers refuse to pick someone up because they didn't want to go where the customer wanted to go, wasting everyone's time. How does the app not let drivers see the destination? That's a bigger problem IMO than a random service dog refusal.
Probably because of what you just said. If someone needs to go only a short distance, perhaps many Uber drivers would decline the fare leaving you frustrated. If some Uber driver comes all the way to you, you sit down in their car, and then they refuse to take you there and you have to get out? Definitely report them, they won't be a uber driver for long.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:05 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,113,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
The real mystery is why anyone would chose to use them.

Convenience, speedy service and reasonably priced.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:56 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,269,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If they see the destination ok. But if not, there are places I would not want to drive. In some cities there are areas where the PO doesn't deliver mail, Pizza Hut does not go etc. because they are not safe.
They don't see the destination, that's the issue. I wanted to go to the airport 30 minutes away but the guy that showed up "had an appointment" coming up and wanted to stay close to home and not risk being stuck in traffic so I had to start over again, knowing it could happen again. Fortunately it didn't but I couldn't believe that's actually how they run the business.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:31 AM

78,547 posts, read 60,749,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
No, Uber is one of best things to ever happen.

You can get a cab 24 hrs a day anywhere in the country for cheaper than local cab services...and effortlessly. That wasn't possible before. That's unmatched convenience.
Yeah, there are a lot of organized attacks on Uber by the cab company mafia and their allies in urban political centers. That's why that far-left poster is so up in arms, they've likely been inundated with "uber bad" stories on leftwing media aimed at keeping them out of cities so that the politicians and their friends\families that own or are paid off by cab companies can maintain their monopolies.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:37 AM

78,547 posts, read 60,749,385 times
FYI - For everyone with a bad anecdotal uber experience we can do the same for taxi drivers.

At least on Uber you can leave them immediate feedback which will end their stint with Uber very quickly.

Imagine having a rude\bad NYC taxi driver that didn't take you to the right place etc. Lol...good luck getting any satisfaction complaining.

I had one uber driver explain that they never drive in the rain anymore because people give them lower ratings for the interior being "damp" etc.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:00 AM

17,020 posts, read 12,617,549 times
Quote:
Uber already seems to have a record, unmatched by any other company I know of, for endless bad behavior and brushes with the law. The real mystery is why anyone would chose to use them.
compared to cabs?

I find that hard to believe.

Wish there was a way to give all real service animals a FREE license for the legit ones. Also fine the fake ones.

Everyone must abide a licensed animal.

Too many idiots call their normal dog a service animal. Not being able to leave home without Rover is NOT A SERVICE ANIMAL. Blind person with a seeing eye dog is.

I see many idiots bringing their pets to the mall with fake service animal collars.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:01 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,600,492 times
Quote:
Uber already seems to have a record, unmatched by any other company I know of, for endless bad behavior and brushes with the law. The real mystery is why anyone would chose to use them.
Or work for them.

I miss old-school taxis.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:07 AM

27,241 posts, read 13,527,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/blin...170759334.html

Full quote is too long, but it can be found in the rest of article on the link.

I am with the woman on this one
I should imagine she noe has a legal case under equality legislation.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:10 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,459,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
no dogs in my car, tell her to take the bus.
Then you shouldn't be hired by Uber. You are either all in with every law or you don't work there. Simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies