Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 02:07 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
One of the most immoral men ever born wants to support biblical studies? Give me a break... Not to mention the constitutionality issues!

More TrumpOil! Why is it anyone supports this charlatan?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11

"President Trump on Monday embraced a proposal from lawmakers in six states that would allow public schools to offer Bible literacy classes shortly after the subject was discussed on "Fox & Friends."

"Numerous states introducing Bible Literacy classes, giving students the option of studying the Bible. Starting to make a turn back? Great!" Trump wrote on Twitter."
Since when is tweeting "Great!" touting or embracing. Get a grip.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:07 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
He must be desperate. The next move Will have to be something about guns or abortion. Now if he could only find a gun range owned by a church and have an ant-abortion rally there. He should be pushing plain old fashion literacy in schools.

Church folk I know already go to church two or three times a week. If he was vaguely familiar with church he would know that most churches have weekly bible study. Since the tax cuts the GOP doesn't need him anymore so he's just lonely and desperate for company. It won't pass constitutional mustard but someone probably already told him that, he just needed to get an attaboy from his base.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:09 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Maybe he and the rest of the GOP could attend one of these classes...
Sadly they do. The White House has Bible classes and prayer meetings. Both sides participate. It's a bit creepy and makes me feel like I live in a religious based government like some countries in the M.E.
God Blesses America and all that you know. Crazy crap if you think about it. Some of these people think they're doing their Gods will running our country. Before you think it's just Trump, Obama also attended weekly prayer meetings.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:09 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Come on people. This is not Trump doing this. It is state representatives introducing a bill.
Trump tweeted "Great!". That is all. A one word tweet doesnt have the power to include parts in legislation or tear down walls. Get a grip.
I think Jimmy Carter is a genuinely religious man who tries to live in a Christian manner
HE would not have signed any bill that passed any legislature that would provide for a state supported religious endeavor like this bill wants...
And I think we all know Trump is no more religious than he is moral--
He would support anything that would bring him votes...

Old 01-28-2019, 02:11 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Sadly they do. The White House has Bible classes and prayer meetings. Both sides participate. It's a bit creepy and makes me feel like I live in a religious based government like some countries in the M.E.
God Blesses America and all that you know. Crazy crap if you think about it. Some of these people think they're doing their Gods will running our country.
Jeff Sessions was big participant in those weekly Bible groups and has taught Sunday School for decades in DC church
But he is certainly not what I would consider a "Christian" when you look at his record on Civil Rights...

Old 01-28-2019, 02:14 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
What's the purpose of churches? Isn't Sunday School still taught in churches?

Trump touts proposed Bible literacy classes in state schools

I don't agree with this, but states are free to do what they want.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:15 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
I'm pretty sure he knows that some of his most loyal supporters will eat this up. There is a contingent among some church goers that Donald Trump was put in power by Jesus. I know. It sounds odd to me, too for God to put in a lying, cheating, adulterous scumbag with no moral compass, backbone or moral integrity, but he has some people snowed. What con artists do is con the ones they can and don't worry about the others. That's why you have widows whose friends are all telling her that her new man is just using her for her money who stay with him right up until the time he skips town with all her money. She's his audience and the only ones who don't matter. The Cheating Cheetoh knows who he is and what he does.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:21 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I think Jimmy Carter is a genuinely religious man who tries to live in a Christian manner
HE would not have signed any bill that passed any legislature that would provide for a state supported religious endeavor like this bill wants...
And I think we all know Trump is no more religious than he is moral--
He would support anything that would bring him votes...
So now your saying Trump signed a bill providing state supported religious endeavors?
You realize this was a tweet, right. A tweet.

I know all politicians support what they think will bring them votes.
I try not to judge peoples morality or religious beliefs or lack there of, especially those I dont know.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:22 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
He believes in votes. They don't care if he actually believes it, they just want their Gods will stamp as law. They trade his sins for the greater good, and he acts like he believes their crap for the greater votes. Unfortunately, this country is very religious. He may grab a few extra Latinos with this as Catholics/Luth are half Rep. and a half Dem. Mormons also put God before a free country. The Pope will likely get in on it also. I'm of course crossing my fingers that no religious based laws pass before he's out. U.S. religious groups and their political leanings | Pew Research Center If interested, this is how religion holds our politics in a vice on either side. They are a target for any candidate.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
What's the purpose of churches? Isn't Sunday School still taught in churches?
Trump touts proposed Bible literacy classes in state schools
What a phony that guy is.

He's already got the evangelists, who appear to not mind p-grabbing in the least, in the bag.

So who exactly is this BS for? Nobody else believes him. Bible Studies--Trump--I can't even read it without laughing. Bible literacy? How about Trump endorses real literacy, and learns how to write a sentence or read a briefing.

Tell you what. Ask Ivanka, Eric, Barron and MiniMe--how many Bible Study classes they have attended, or even where they went to church (except for the converted Ivanka, but prior to that she was just another clubbing wannabe model).

Ask them how much Donny, the self-proclaimed billionaire, donated to the church coffers over the years. I imagine that, too, would be revealed in his tax returns.

I'll tell you where the Trump family went on Sunday mornings--to worship at the altar of the Maralago Church of Palm Beaches or the Bedford Golf Cathedral. They belong the to the Golf and Beach Resort Sect of the Religion of One Percent.

This is a pathetic joke on people who actually believe this guy has ever gone to church or practiced any religion on a regular basis. His religious base twists itself into pretzels trying to prove he goes or went to church, and they can't. It is Sad!!

What we have here people, is a man who will say or do almost anything for votes. Anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies