Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump double down on building the border wall during this SOTU, or will he capitulate to Pelosi
Double down 72 86.75%
Capitulate 11 13.25%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 04:42 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump has her eating out of his hand now.
Sure if you consider losing to be winning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 04:52 PM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times
I guess that might explain why Pelosi allowed Trump to do a State of the Union.
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...ing-government

Quote:
A new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll shows that Speaker Nancy Pelosi — not President Donald Trump — plummeted most in popularity during the 35-day government shutdown.

The new poll shows the Speaker of the House experienced a 6-point drop in her approval rating. Only 28 percent of Americans rated Pelosi as favorable, while 47 percent rated her as unfavorable — a stunning 19 percent “upside down” unfavorable figure.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:58 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times
They are not going to give him what he wants at all. No way. He'll have to show his pimp hand and do the end-run around Congress by doing the emergency declaration thing. If he has the wontons to do this he should just do it. Easier to ask for forgiveness later than for permission now. But I think he will be talked out of doing anything big like that and it will die a humiliating death just like "repeal and replace Obamacare" did. (Anybody remember that one?)

Old 01-28-2019, 05:09 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump has her eating out of his hand now.
What makes you say that?

Pelosi has been calling the shots all along, in case you have not noticed.

Do you think it was Donny's choice to give the SOTU on 2/5? I distinctly remember him sending a letter to Nancy asserting that he would be giving the SOTU on 1/29!

Then, I distinctly remember Nancy replying "You may give your SOTU when government has reopened."

Lo and behold--Donny played nice, signed the 'temp' bill at the risk of angering Coulter/Limbaugh, etc., and is rehearsing his speech, hair and make-up as we speak.

Using straight real logic, it is certainly easy to see that Nancy swatted him away without even a harsh word. Donny's done. No more congress bending over for the bully.

There is a new sheriff in town and Trump knows it. I think he's scared of her.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:02 PM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
What makes you say that?

There is a new sheriff in town and Trump knows it. I think he's scared of her.
The new sheriff in town looks more like the Wicked Witch of the west.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7jJI1cfEgc

Then her victory had come to a cost with the polling then I mentionned in an earlier post.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Will it be scripted or off the cuff? That will define my answer. (I know it is supposed to be scripted but I’m wondering if he will do his own thing or if whatever medication he takes that makes him sniff loudly will keep him under control during the SOTU.)
I think it will be the sniffing, but we will see soon enough.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:24 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
I'm not sure I understand your question/poll.

Are you asking if he will bring up the subject of the wall during the SOTU? Of course. Why wouldn't he? He doesn't really have much he can talk about.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:29 PM

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Guessing you don’t go to Europe much? You realize that it’s quite secular, they have universal healthcare, they are very liberal (they think our liberals are quite conservative), etc.? I don’t think you are looking for Europe here if you are worried about losing your conservative Christian culture.
pretty sure he meant european ancestry

Old 01-28-2019, 07:31 PM

17,605 posts, read 6,894,659 times
I can't wait to hear Trump expose the hypocrisy and lies of the awful Democrats. All with Pelosi and the Democrats acting like the children they are. Should be great fun!

Old 01-28-2019, 08:14 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
pretty sure he meant european ancestry
I'm not for open borders and want the Southern border secured. However, the vast majority of people south of our border have European ancestry and European culture. Latin culture did not originate in the Americas. It originated in Ancient Rome, on the Italian peninsular. You can't get more European than that. Latin was and is a language in Europe and the Spanish language is just as European as English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies