Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 12:53 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Link?
This one states his manager called the police.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/ju...rville-attack/

Old 01-30-2019, 12:54 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Has there been any description of his injuries? I haven’t found one yet.

In the article linked in first post. Also shows a picture of him with a cut on his forehead. Says he was treated and released from a hospital.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:55 PM

8,053 posts, read 12,774,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
You can't say that and don't bet your life on that. You would be surprised what some people watch in the privacy of their own homes. Nothing is 100%, so not all 100% of Trump supporters can say they haven't seen the show.
So these attackers loved "Empire" so much that they beat up one of the actors?

Old 01-30-2019, 12:57 PM

8,053 posts, read 12,774,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
Reason updated that article and changed the headline. Police confirmed that they now have a statement from him alleging the MAGA comments. The police followed up with him in resopnse to media reports of the MAGA comment. In the subsequent interview confirm that he heard MAGA comments. Now..Some will question why he didn't report initially. But it's false that police have no record of the statement.
Yep. Chicago is "Maga country" alright.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:57 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
The biggest hole in this guy's story is that his alleged attackers said the following.

Quote - Sources directly connected to Jussie tell TMZ, the actor arrived in Chicago from New York late Monday, and at around 2 AM he was hungry and went to a Subway. We're told when shortly after he walked out on his way home, someone yelled, "Aren't you that ****** 'Empire' ******?"

I ask you HOW MANY "Trump supporters" watch the television show Empire?

I had to look it up myself. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_(2015_TV_series)

So you mean to tell me two "Trump supporters" are so familiar with a television show about a Hip-hop record company that they would recognize one of the actors?

Case closed. No Trump supporter would be watching that show.
Well, I watched the first season so knew who he was. That’s the only part that wasn’t completely unbelievable. To me it was the extreme cold that makes me skeptical someone would recognize him on the street. I would assume he’d be bundled up, but maybe that’s just me because I wouldn’t be caught dead in that weather without being bundled up.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:58 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This one states his manager called the police.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/ju...rville-attack/
thanks

Old 01-30-2019, 01:03 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Don't people who pull these kinds of stunts realize how much they hurt the "cause" they supposedly support? If you think Trump as President is an abomination and think he is a clown, narcissist and con man unfit for office like any sane human being does, staging hoaxes to try to insinuate his followers are going around lynching gay black people isn't helping.

At least pay some white guys to dress up in MAGA clothes and attack you on camera. Sheesh.
I have to say I don’t believe he meant for it to get this out of control. He didn’t tell the cops about MAGA country. TMZ is the one who reported that, and maybe they coaxed him to say that because he didn’t want to give the real reason he went to the hospital. Or maybe I’m giving him too much credit and the whole thing was a hoax from the beginning. My guess is a lover’s spat, or he approached someone in a public restroom or park and that person or persons were waiting for someone like that to come along and it was an actual hate crime with very personal and embarrassing circumstances.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:03 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,388 times
I believer there is something to his story. Because if things don't prove to have played out pretty much as he said, his career would be over with.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:06 PM

2,984 posts, read 1,748,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
I believer there is something to his story. Because if things don't prove to have played out pretty much as he said, his career would be over with.
Are you kidding? You think him lying and trying to make Trump supporters look bad would make leftist hollyweird turn their backs on him? I don't.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:10 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I have to say I don’t believe he meant for it to get this out of control. He didn’t tell the cops about MAGA country. TMZ is the one who reported that, and maybe they coaxed him to say that because he didn’t want to give the real reason he went to the hospital. Or maybe I’m giving him too much credit and the whole thing was a hoax from the beginning. My guess is a lover’s spat, or he approached someone in a public restroom or park and that person or persons were waiting for someone like that to come along and it was an actual hate crime with very personal and embarrassing circumstances.
Smollett did not give the story to TMZ... "Sources directly connected to Jussie" did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies