Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 05:21 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Woke up to the good news of his arrest, I wonder where all the Hollywood Stars that were so public with their support of him in the beginning are now?
They’re tripping over themselves to delete their tweets.

They need to lock him up for all 3 years, no bail or early release. He intentionally tried to divide America further by “weaponzing” his race and sexual orientation for personal gain and wasted police resources.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:27 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Even though I don't agree with the hate crime designation as a whole, if we're (as a society) going to have them, this is a case that definitely should be designated as a hate crime.

This whole debacle has been super interesting to me from the get-go.
Actually it's incitement, more than a hate crime. He was trying to stir up trouble. A hate crime is one aimed at an identifiable group.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:33 AM

17,412 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Actually it's incitement, more than a hate crime. He was trying to stir up trouble. A hate crime is one aimed at an identifiable group.
Well ... though political affiliation isn't a group that's covered under the hate crime definition one could make the argument that this crime was motivated by Jussie's prejudice against white people.

I mean, if we're going to have hate crimes, let's apply it across the board.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:40 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Congrats Jussie, you just added massive power to every inbred Klan lover and skin head out there. Great job!

(idiot)

How many times has this happened and the left is just now caring, why?

And why is it klan lover and skin heads? I guess these are the only people who support trump, right....your comment is just as stupid as jussie's claim.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:46 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Keep in mind this cretin had no problem with two innocent people potentially being arrested for this hoax.

They are not innocent. They helped this cretin as you call him commit a crime.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:49 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
They are not innocent. They helped this cretin as you call him commit a crime.
I hope they cashed his check. Double whammy for Jussie.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:03 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He better get jail time.

If this was anybody else -- meaning not a celebrity with cash.....there would be jail time.

But I fear he needs some mental health attention more than anything. He is not right in the head to do all of this. So wrong.

It won't surprise me that his "mental condition" will be on the table for his defense and psychological examinations will be arranged by the defense team. Trump Derangement Syndrome is claimed to be a real mental disorder by some therapists. Sorta like a "mass hysteria" that clouds a person's judgement........or something.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:04 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
It was not an excuse but, rather a reason. I agree 100% that he should have the book thrown at him. He deserves it and I hope he gets what is coming to him. I'm not even thinking an insanity defense. Delusion is not always insanity. It is often just a warped sense of reality.
I really don't think he is delusional. He thought doing this would make Trump and Trump supporters look bad and damage Trump politically and push the narrative of the left that Trump incites hate crimes with his rhetoric.

And at first that is what happened. But getting caught doing so actually validates the narrative of Trump and his supporters in their minds of fake news and the left being out smear him and them at all costs. Like the old saying "Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you."

Old 02-21-2019, 06:05 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Unfortunately if he gets any plea deals he'll probably escape jail time. That's why I hope they don't offer him any plea deals at all. Charge him straight up with all deals off the table, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
They can't let this guy walk. Imagine the message that would send. If this guy were to walk with nothing more than some fines and a slap on the wrist, and then gets glorified by the mouth breathers in the Dem party, hoaxes are going to skyrocket. Additionally, despite the non stop whining and wailing about Trump and his supporters, it's going to ratchet up to a level we couldn't even imagine.

A lot of time will be wasted, a lot of money will be wasted, and a lot of people will be targeted who didn't do anything.

They would be stupid to let him walk.
No reason to make a deal. They have the evidence.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:05 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times
We should now start a poll if Jussie will actually get any jail time over this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies