Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 08:41 AM

17,359 posts, read 14,613,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
No. It will still be blamed on Trump.
Just watch. TDS will become a legally recognized condition, much like PTSD, and will be used in the defense. He is going to get little more than a slap on the wrist. The legal fees and fines are another story but he wont be doing any serious jail time. Guaranteed. And his career will bounce back when he plays the TDS card.
He's probably going to get slap on the wrist for the attack hoax BUT the letter is a whole 'nother thing.

A federal thing.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:43 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Wouldn't the brothers be accessories to the crime? Did they cut a deal to avoid charges? Also, did they mention the charges for the letter at all? I had to stop watching the presser.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:44 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not a trump fan myself, yet, in order to have any sense of intellectual honestly which the media has none I've spent more time defending a man I personally dislike than any other time since I can remember when.

I find that there is zero intellectually honestly among so many people when it comes to trump and I get that it makes it easy to lash at him because he's such a bozo at times but jeez people, use your damn brains. I'd say the same thing if Obama was getting this much hate and I didn't' care for him much either.

I hope that this dude does do some time, I only heard part of the news conference this morning but it was spot on in that it was a waste of time and resources and it's shameful that this story gets so much coverage yet young black men murdering each other night after night doesn't hardly get any????
Well stated. The hatred for all that is Trump is absolutely insane and is far worse than the irrational hatred for all things Obama. The Obama haters were at least a small segment. The Trump haters seem to be nearly everyone who didn't vote for him.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:44 AM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Wouldn't the brothers be accessories to the crime? Did they cut a deal to avoid charges? Also, did they mention the charges for the letter at all? I had to stop watching the presser.
The charge is filing a false police report. They did not file a false police report, charging them as accessories is overreach. They just played out his kinky fantasies for some $$$. Not a crime.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:47 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I don't think so. Every news story I have seen is not spinning it that way.

I think it is appalling on both sides. Jussie for setting this up, but the brothers as well for going along with it.
What about the Dem presidential hopefuls who immediately came out in support of Jussie? Every American can see what that says about them.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:51 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
They didn't go to the CPD.

And they didn't roll over either and spill the story til the very last minute.
Thanks. I would think they'd be co-conspirators then. Their attorney said they committed no crime and did not have any kind of deal with the police. So this piece is puzzling.

On another note - I just found that they press conference can be viewed on the CPD fbook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ChicagoP...=page_internal

Old 02-21-2019, 08:51 AM

1,225 posts, read 3,228,119 times
Jussie Smollett is a douchebag. I hope he spends some serious time behind bars if the allegations against him are true.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:55 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Smollett said MAGA not Trump
Watch Jussie's GMA interview. He claimed he was attacked because, “I come really, really hard against 45,” “I come really, really hard against his administration and I don’t hold my tongue.”

Old 02-21-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Thanks. I would think they'd be co-conspirators then. Their attorney said they committed no crime and did not have any kind of deal with the police. So this piece is puzzling.

On another note - I just found that they press conference can be viewed on the CPD fbook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ChicagoP...=page_internal
They didn't file the police report and had no part of that. The only thing they did was rough up Jussie at his request - so it wasn't even assault.

But I see where you are coming from.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Watch Jussie's GMA interview. He claimed he was attacked because, “I come really, really hard against 45,” “I come really, really hard against his administration and I don’t hold my tongue.”
You know who comes harder?

Eddie Johnson.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies