Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 12:06 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He'll claim mental illness and say he is now under a doctor's care. I'd bet money on it.

His lawyers will send him for psychiatric evaluation after telling him to play up his TDS during the eval and then bring back the psychiatrist and other professionals to testify that TDS is a real and common psychiatric disorder that tens of thousands of people suffer from. It will fall under the "diminished capacity" defense--a variation of "not guilty by reason of insanity". After all the evidence that will be presented by the prosecution he can't claim he is innocent and that he was framed. So his best defense will be a psychiatric defense compounded by drug abuse.

Last edited by Seagrape Grove; 02-24-2019 at 12:21 PM..

Old 02-24-2019, 12:25 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
His lawyers will send him for psychiatric evaluation after telling him to play up his TDS during the eval and then bring back the psychiatrist and other professionals to testify that TDS is a real and common psychiatric disorder that tens of thousands of people suffer from. It will fall under the "diminished capacity" defense--a variation of "not guilty by reason of insanity". After all the evidence that will be presented by the prosecution he can't claim he is innocent and that he was framed. So his best defense will be a psychiatric defense compounded by drug abuse.
Personally, I think he is going with the CPD is racist defense.

Old 02-24-2019, 12:35 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
I thought they'd blame drugs or mental illness, but so far, he's saying the brothers are lying. I just read that he wrote on the memo line of the check, something like 'personal training for video'. So he's holding fast to that. And he's sneaky enough to have purposely put that down on the check, just in case.

It seems his lawyers believe him. When I was listening to Mark Geragos on a podcast yesterday he said that the facts released by the Prosecutor are wrong and once the facts come out it will tell a very different story. I'm sure the b.s. entry on the check is part of that.

Of course that doesn't explain any of the other details, but I'm sure Jussie will come up with one lie after the next just so he doesn't have to be accountable.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:49 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I thought they'd blame drugs or mental illness, but so far, he's saying the brothers are lying. I just read that he wrote on the memo line of the check, something like 'personal training for video'. So he's holding fast to that. And he's sneaky enough to have purposely put that down on the check, just in case.

It seems his lawyers believe him. When I was listening to Mark Geragos on a podcast yesterday he said that the facts released by the Prosecutor are wrong and once the facts come out it will tell a very different story. I'm sure the b.s. entry on the check is part of that.

Of course that doesn't explain any of the other details, but I'm sure Jussie will come up with one lie after the next just so he doesn't have to be accountable.

"The other details".......yeah, like the tapes of the brothers in the Uber ride that night and them being picked up in the area and dropped off at another location. Those little details are going to be hard to refute.

This case will be an interesting one to follow once it goes to trial.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:51 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
They should do an episode (or several) on Empire where this happens - Jamal hires some guys to beat him up to look like a Trump-attack. They could take on several issues affecting the national psyche. Art imitating life.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:55 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjgS22dnBcc

Old 02-24-2019, 01:59 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They should do an episode (or several) on Empire where this happens - Jamal hires some guys to beat him up to look like a Trump-attack. They could take on several issues affecting the national psyche. Art imitating life.
Some people are saying the show will now be more popular but I have seen how some actors defend this jerk.

I never watched, never heard of the show and definitely will not start watching!

I doubt any Trump supporter will start watching. Maybe this will even be the end of all the actors career who are on the show. That will be sad but they can all sent a thank you note to Jussie.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Some people are saying the show will now be more popular but I have seen how some actors defend this jerk.

I never watched, never heard of the show and definitely will not start watching!

I doubt any Trump supporter will start watching. Maybe this will even be the end of all the actors career who are on the show. That will be sad but they can all sent a thank you note to Jussie.
I've never seen it, although I really like Taraji Henson and Terrence Howard. I think ratings will go up for the next episode or two just out of curiosity to see if/how they deal with the character. Beyond that, I don't see it gaining a lot of steam permanently.

I generally don't comment on this kind of thing, and full disclosure, I'm not into guys - but every time I see someone in the thread refer to Smollett as handsome, it puzzles me. I guess there's someone for everyone.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:20 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

This definitely will not be at the end of their careers. The show starts Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson, both are quite popular and talented. I did watch the first two seasons but after that it quickly went downhill, imo.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:32 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,743,495 times
Possible future career opportunities for Jussie: The Dr Drew Rehab Show and Celebrity Big Brother
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies