Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 08:28 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
The media has it in for straight white males in general.

If it were a SWM falsely claiming 2 BLM supporters attacked him, and those 2 were found out to be white guys, the one making the false accusations would already be in jail, likely as part of 2 or 3 year sentence.

Smollet was caught, plain, straight-up caught, but cuz' the target was SWMs (Trump Supporters), he'll not likely do even 1 day of jail time.

It's like a BS, selective version of the purge:

---------

If the target of ANY crime is wearing ANY material promoting, makes ANY statement verbal or written, or is by ANY 3rd party hearsay showing ANY support for Trump, the perpetrator of that action SHALL NOT be subject to any legal action I.E. any crime is legal if the target is a Trump supporter.

In addition, libelous, and slanderous actions SHALL NOT be treated as crimes if the targets are heterosexual, white males since they are likely Trump supporters, or at the least, Republicans, except for the "Chris Evans" exception (whereby a heterosexual white male publically advocates for the reduction of influence or reduction in population of heterosexual white males).

Additionally, those who refuse to cause financial, social, or even physical harm to Trump supporters, SHALL themselves be called Trump supporters, whereby any other victimhood group is allowed to cause them ANY degree of harm without legal consequence.

----------

Walk around Union Square or 34th St in NYC, or especially 96th St in Chicago for all of 10 minutes and see what happens. The cops will just (really), tell you, "That's just the way it is." and, "I'm not gonna lose my job."
We have since the days of Obama been ruled by a two-tier system of justice. They say they are for equality under the law, but that is just another obvious lie.

This applies socially as well. They say they are all about social equality. Obviously, there is no more blatant lie currently being told in our society than this lie, being promoted and nurtured by the Democrat left.

If Smollett is held accountable for these egregious and very dangerous racist hate crimes, I will be surprised. Alternatively, I will not be surprised if he walks out of this with an ineffectual slap on the wrist under the guise of some sort of vague legal technicality. And let's be clear, his primary crime here is not lying to the Chicago police, it was the racist hate crime that he committed by conspiring together with the brothers to perpetrate this racist fraud on the American people.

I hope nobody here is so naive as to expect that justice will actually be carried out against a millionaire television celebrity who is dark skinned, who is outspokenly homosexual, and who is a 'social justice warrior' who has distinguished himself by his outspoken hatred of Donald Trump and anyone who supports Trump. Could it happen? I want to believe that it can. But if you expect that outcome or if you will be taken by surprise when that does not happen, after all we have seen, then shame on you.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:41 AM

35,058 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
If it turns out that this whole thing was a hoax to get media attention and a raise, this jerk did a lot of damage to the legitimate victims of racist and homophobic violence.

An opinion piece from CNN:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/24/us/sm...sis/index.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
'if'?

i think we're past 'if'.
Let's not pull a "Brett Kavanaugh" on him. He's still entitled to due process.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:50 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
If it turns out that this whole thing was a hoax to get media attention and a raise, this jerk did a lot of damage to the legitimate victims of racist and homophobic violence.

An opinion piece from CNN:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/24/us/sm...sis/index.html
Here is the link you provided from CNN, along with the title of the article:

Jussie Smollett's race card is about to be declined

Of course everyone who has a modicum of wisdom and discernment will immediately be skeptical of this claim as a result of CNN being the source of it.

So, let's walk through this claim by CNN, that Smollett's 'race card' is about to be declined.

First of all, Smollet is carrying more than just a 'race card'. He also has the card of celebrity privilege, wealth and the power that comes with that. He also is an outspoken out of the closet homosexual. And lastly, he has been an aggressive public hater of Donald Trump and anyone who supports him. Let's not forget, his actual crime here was conspiring to perpetuate a racist hate crime against Trump and Trump supporters.

Rest assured that Democrat leftists have no problem with lies and smears like this being used to cause great harm and suffering of Trump or his supporters. What they have a problem with is that this was done so clumsily and so selfishly that this effort will likely make future such efforts more difficult and less effective and also less credible. What they have a problem with here is not that he lied and tried to smear Trump and half of the American public, it is that he got caught doing it.

So, it is not just the melanin concentrations in his skin that Smollett is banking on here for power and preferential treatment. He is banking on the people who lean heavily on this sort of thinking and these sorts of tactics for their political and social power to realize that they cannot allow him to be sacrificed here, because that is a huge loss not only for Smollett, but for the entire Democrat left "Identity politics" and "Political correctness" agenda and its credibility and power as well.

As far as Smollett being held accountable in a meaningful way for his crimes against our society and its people, I will believe it when I see it.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:21 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Here is the link you provided from CNN, along with the title of the article:

Jussie Smollett's race card is about to be declined

Of course everyone who has a modicum of wisdom and discernment will immediately be skeptical of this claim as a result of CNN being the source of it.

So, let's walk through this claim by CNN, that Smollett's 'race card' is about to be declined.

First of all, Smollet is carrying more than just a 'race card'. He also has the card of celebrity privilege, wealth and the power that comes with that. He also is an outspoken out of the closet homosexual. And lastly, he has been an aggressive public hater of Donald Trump and anyone who supports him. Let's not forget, his actual crime here was conspiring to perpetuate a racist hate crime against Trump and Trump supporters.

Rest assured that Democrat leftists have no problem with lies and smears like this being used to cause great harm and suffering of Trump or his supporters. What they have a problem with is that this was done so clumsily and so selfishly that this effort will likely make future such efforts more difficult and less effective and also less credible. What they have a problem with here is not that he lied and tried to smear Trump and half of the American public, it is that he got caught doing it.

So, it is not just the melanin concentrations in his skin that Smollett is banking on here for power and preferential treatment. He is banking on the people who lean heavily on this sort of thinking and these sorts of tactics for their political and social power to realize that they cannot allow him to be sacrificed here, because that is a huge loss not only for Smollett, but for the entire Democrat left "Identity politics" and "Political correctness" agenda and its credibility and power as well.

As far as Smollett being held accountable in a meaningful way for his crimes against our society and its people, I will believe it when I see it.
You and I don't agree on much but I agree with you here (boldface). And Kamala Harris and Corey Booker jumping on the "racist attack" bandwagon and then going mum when it turns out to be a hoax. Will they apologize? Like you said, I will believe it when I see it.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:33 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Smollett is a canary in the "how much can you get away with" coalmine. The whole hoax was testing the black and LGTB7^_%lmnop limits, since the reported "slurs" were against blacks and homosexuals, and yeah, they'll probably trot out mental health if it looks like he isn't getting enough get-out-of-hoax-free cred from his other two "not my fault, really" group identifiers.

My other comment, per the CNN piece referencing OJ and Cosby, is how the legal system will actually forgive/forget felony crimes if the media-political narrative demands it. Anyone but me find it remarkable how fast the wheels of justice/evidence/prosecution turn almost the same instant the individual in questions falls into cultural disfavor? Add Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey and other folks in there as well. People committing all manner of fubar crimes, and nobody gives a crap as long as they are popular or at least sympathetic within the cultural narrative. Take away that popularity and/or sympathy, and all of a sudden, all this evidence suddenly appears and their prosecutions are swift and certain.

My gripe there is that the crime occurred, they did it, we knew it and could prove...and so long as they were useful to the cultural narrative, we didn't care. The minute they stop being useful, we rediscover notions of the law, justice, morality, etc.

Clearly Smollett is guilty of various felonies, but does his blackness, queerness and/or mental illness give him enough sympathy/popularity that we must all ignore/forget/forgive his crimes, that are easy enough to prove that the superintendent of the CPD basically tried the case for us at the podium?

Will the cultural narrative once again defeat the rule of law, or as the CNN article asks - has Smollett's race/gay/popularity card expired?

Old 02-25-2019, 10:21 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Let's not pull a "Brett Kavanaugh" on him. He's still entitled to due process.
fair enough. but this case is world's different from the kavanaugh case in terms of evidence.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:45 AM

35,058 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
fair enough. but this case is world's different from the kavanaugh case in terms of evidence.
Still, due process. I don't want any rushes to justice.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:45 AM

8,615 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Terrence Howard Angrily Confronts Jussie Smollett In Explosive Fight On ‘Empire’ Set: Report

Quote:
After he was released from police custody in Chicago, Jussie Smollett, 36, returned to the Empire set on Thursday, February 21, where he was angrily confronted by his co-star Terrence Howard, 49, according to TMZ, which sites sources on set of the hit Fox show. Howard reportedly had a “complete meltdown” on the Chicago set after Smollett was arrested for allegedly staging a hate crime attack on himself on January 29. Howard, who reportedly did not believe Smollett’s story from the get-go, interrogated Smollett when they met on set that day, sources say. Things reportedly got so heated during the exchange, that at point, Howard began to scream at Smollett to reveal the truth about the alleged attack.

https://hollywoodlife.com/2019/02/25...ire-set-fight/

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-25-2019 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: copyright violation, size of quote

Old 02-25-2019, 12:25 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Maybe Howard is afraid he will be too controversial to have his contract renewed
I don’t watch the show so one way or the other won’t bother me

And yes—let’s give Smollett full legal rights, a public trial, and then let a jury convict and throw him in the slammer...w/o any special privileges...

Old 02-25-2019, 01:22 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
This just in, Jussie Smolett is a victim of white society who made him do things he wouldn't normally have done otherwise. A GoFundme account has been set up to help him get through these difficult times. Please pray for him, they are out to get him. magamagamagamagamagamagamagamagamagamagamagamaga
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies