Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 08:41 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times

Advertisements

I can't decide what's more mind-blowing. The fact that Jussie is still acting like an innocent victim, or the fact that the NO votes are still climbing.

Old 03-09-2019, 09:42 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
At work we all have our log in for patients records, but we log in and stay logged in and everybody is literally using the same log in.
Basically, if I come in at 7am, I log in to competers then I just stay logged in. The next person comes in and instead of logging me out, they just use the site under my name. So..in school we were told to never look at a patients record that wasn't our patient due to HIPPA laws. But it's way too easy to circumvent. Besides...we all do it. We all look at patients records even if it's not OUR patient. Not because we care Really, but because sometimes the job lead us to that point.
Our system automatically logs you out after a couple of minutes of inactivity.

Old 03-10-2019, 12:09 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
That's good. Saves your as.s when things linger this goes down.

Old 03-10-2019, 09:26 AM

1,711 posts, read 807,770 times
Anyone who goes through HIPPA training and then walks away from their workstation still logged on deserves to be fired. It is called non-repudiation, if it is under your login you cannot deny it was you that did it.

Old 03-10-2019, 09:55 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
I don't work in the medical industry, but I do work with a company that has dealings with the US defense, as well as with other country's defense such as Israel, Canada, Japan, etc, and because of this, we are also automatically logged out of our systems at work when inactive for 90 seconds.

This whole ordeal about not looking at other patients records seems lucrative to me. It's just as bad as people who used to be your friend telling you to delete their number out of your phone.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:56 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
If your healthcare system is audited and your system doesn't do this, you're in trouble.

Glass of Merlot, I'm surprised your hospital or clinic is so blatantly in violation of HIPAA regulations. No offense to you, but it would make me wonder what their level of care is, as a patient if they don't even bother to adhere to the law with regard to privacy.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:09 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Absolutely! The embarrassment he must feel, but he will make a comeback and all of you posting here will be cheering for him! Join me in saying “We love you Jussie!”

So where's the pep rally?

Old 03-10-2019, 11:59 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
At work we all have our log in for patients records, but we log in and stay logged in and everybody is literally using the same log in.
Basically, if I come in at 7am, I log in to competers then I just stay logged in. The next person comes in and instead of logging me out, they just use the site under my name. So..in school we were told to never look at a patients record that wasn't our patient due to HIPPA laws. But it's way too easy to circumvent. Besides...we all do it. We all look at patients records even if it's not OUR patient. Not because we care Really, but because sometimes the job lead us to that point.
This is worrisome for both patients and employees.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:16 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
not surprised that they are BURYING THE INDICTMENT on a Friday afternoon so it doesn't dominate the news cycle

Pretty much what I expected, they have to press charges but they want to minimize his bad publicity. They will cut him a deal for sure
Mission accomplished, not much in the news this week about Jussie the martyr

Old 03-11-2019, 03:53 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Jussie Smollett Attorney Mark Geragos goes on CNN: He’s Been Subjected to a ‘Media Gangbang’

...just the texts arranging it....and the rehearsal video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=EHtXu8uKhHo
Anderson didn't get a word in edgewise! Only to be able to say how ridiculous this defense is. Otherwise MArk talked the entire time. When did Anderson become this way? Where is Jake Tapper? I miss CNN due to Jake Tapper. His facial expressions. Like are you kidding me? He does them so well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies