Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 10:46 AM

3,852 posts, read 2,223,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
You might want to check out some of his fan pages on social media before you take this claim very far.
No black people are supporting this man. Black people are just as outraged by the hoax as anybody else.

Old 03-30-2019, 10:51 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
See, that's the thing. No reconciliation is possible with people who won't acknowledge the lies and slander perpetrated towards other groups. They refuse to relinquish their constant claim of victimhood, because that is a valuable commodity to extract wealth from people they don't like.

If nothing happens to Smollett, then justice is dead and social justice is a sham. There is no more talking left to do.
Some black folks love to play victim, I agree. Whose fault is that? Liberals who constantly feed them the narrative that they're being victimized.

Jussie knows people in power and got out off. There should be a price to pay for all of this, but I'm not confident there will be. In the most egregious case of a cop murdering someone that I've ever seen, one guy lost his job despite the fact that several cops all the way up to the mayor covered it up. Everyone in office here is dirty beyond belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Hmm? Pretty much all black people are condemning this. Jussie doesn't have anybody's support.
I hear nothing but condemnation from people of all races - but there are two elements to this. Black folks are more protective than white people are. They're hesitant to bash other black folks - and I get that. Why give some white racists more fuel? So I don't think they would publicly display their displeasure in a big setting. Some might not applaud, some might politely applaud, but I don't know that we'd hear much boo'ing. A few muted boo's perhaps, but that's probably about it.

And don't discount that some black folks are racist and they love that he's getting away with this. If races were reversed, there would be some racist white folks feeling the same way. Let's be realistic about this, is all I'm saying.

My guess is his people have contacted those in charge of the awards to say he doesn't want to be a distraction so if the odds aren't good that he'll win, he'd like to know and he'll stay home. So unless he's winning, I just don't think he'll attend.

The award show is on tonight. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Old 03-30-2019, 11:00 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
If Jussie won the award, he wouldn't be boo'd for the same reason black posters aren't in this thread condemning all of this, and are still voting they don't believe it was a hoax.
They know it was a hoax, they are just happy he beat the system. Another victory for the black man against the establishment..

Old 03-30-2019, 11:02 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,257,171 times
Quote:
No black people are supporting this man. Black people are just as outraged by the hoax as anybody else.
So the thousands of social media profiles expressing love and support for him were created by Russians?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/507882276077610/

https://www.facebook.com/jussiesmollettfans/

https://www.facebook.com/jussiesmollett/

Old 03-30-2019, 11:03 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Hmm? Pretty much all black people are condemning this. Jussie doesn't have anybody's support.
You're seeing different reports than I am, the blacks I see commenting are overjoyed he lied, cheated, and got away with it....

Old 03-30-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
They know it was a hoax, they are just happy he beat the system. Another victory for the black man against the establishment..
In recent years, members of the jury said they believed OJ Simpson was guilty but voted not guilty as payback. I'm sure that mentality can be found among flawed individuals of all races.

Old 03-30-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
So the thousands of social media profiles expressing love and support for him were created by Russians?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/507882276077610/

https://www.facebook.com/jussiesmollettfans/

https://www.facebook.com/jussiesmollett/
LOL!! They either love the guy and just cannot wrap their head around the fact that he's scum - or - they're in the group who just wants to stick it to whitey / sees him getting off as payback.

Either way, they're dumb asses.

Old 03-30-2019, 02:53 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
I can only get the link to post:

Kim Foxx Protest April 1st — Fraternal Order of Police | Chicago, Lodge 7

The Chicago Fraternal Order of Police is holding a protest against Kim Foxx Monday. Why they chose a Monday is beyond me.

Old 03-30-2019, 02:58 PM

19,824 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I can only get the link to post:

Kim Foxx Protest April 1st — Fraternal Order of Police | Chicago, Lodge 7

The Chicago Fraternal Order of Police is holding a protest against Kim Foxx Monday. Why they chose a Monday is beyond me.
April 1st

I believe it is real, just an unfortunate date.

Old 03-30-2019, 02:58 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
In recent years, members of the jury said they believed OJ Simpson was guilty but voted not guilty as payback. I'm sure that mentality can be found among flawed individuals of all races.
I've already seen articles about it regarding Jussie. 'The Black Community says welcome to our world'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies