Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 10:28 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,029,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
"..neighbor said that she saw a redneck loitering outside." Hahaha...….what exactly does a "redneck" look like?

Can you imagine if the neighbor had said she saw some ghetto looking guy loitering outside...?
Heh, my little town is full of rednecks, and you know what, it's hard to tell until they start talking. You might get a general idea with the big trucks, cowboy look and country music coming out of their vehicles, but if you think rednecks are white, you are mistaken.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:26 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I don't care about Jussie. He's not even badly hurt. File a police report then shut up and go away like every other victim of a crime.

The whole thing sounds like a poorly written very special episode of a TV show does't it? Things that make you go "hmmm..."

Old 02-01-2019, 04:00 AM

4,897 posts, read 2,051,253 times
Not buying it... I bet he is motivated by his pure hatred of Trump to pull a stunt like this off, thinking that ALL of America will finally "see" how evil Trump and people who voted for him are.

I know it's not going to happen, but when this is proven to completely false, I hope he is charged with a felony for filing a false police report... Which in fact, put people, regardless of color, in danger since the police made this a priority case and shifted lots of resources to it in order to solve it... AGAIN!! It's not going to happen, even if he makes a full confessions.

Old 02-01-2019, 04:51 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,598 times
I'm sure everyone's aware, but at least Trump has condemned the attack.

Trump condemns attack on Jussie Smollet

Old 02-01-2019, 05:11 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't care about Jussie. He's not even badly hurt. File a police report then shut up and go away like every other victim of a crime.

The whole thing sounds like a poorly written very special episode of a TV show does't it? Things that make you go "hmmm..."
I do, this is a fake hate crime he needs to be prosecuted. How much time and money has been spent on this investigation by the CPD and the FBI. This needs to be reimbursed.

Why isn't he releasing a statement?

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 02-01-2019 at 06:15 AM..

Old 02-01-2019, 05:44 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,377,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
People are arguing otherwise, I'm seeing it all over, but I agree that it's strange. He is a victim, not a suspect, and the police presumably simply want to see if he really did talk to his manager on the phone at that time. If they have another motive for wanting to see his phone, it hasn't been made obvious publicly. So the easiest way to do that without going to the phone company for call logs is to just check his. His concern may be privacy, as people have been suggesting all over the internet, but police take phones as evidence/to search all the time and I rarely if ever hear about police leaking info or even searching beyond the scope of what they're looking for. I mean, I guess one wouldn't really know unless info leaks or they brag about it and it gets out, but the cops aren't looking to spread this guy's personal info and pictures and stuff, they just want to see whether a crime happened and if one did, solve it. Chicago PD is busy, they presumably have better things to do with their time than try to invade the privacy of some kinda lesser known actor. I doubt it's as simple as "privacy concerns, make the police work/actually do their jobs and contact the phone company directly," which I've been seeing.

Part of their jobs, for one, is to try to obtain info at the easiest source first (saves time) and go to the victim for some corroboration. Two, idk, one would think that if he really was attacked in such a horrific way (racism, homophobia, "MAGA country"), he'd want to do whatever he can to bring these people to justice. Given his twitter feed, he has a strong dislike for Trump and his supporters, so here's his opportunity to nail ones who allegedly did something bad to him.
Obviously he thinks the police are pigs and doesn't want to aid them in any way. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that the conversation in question never took place.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:32 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I'm sure everyone's aware, but at least Trump has condemned the attack.

Trump condemns attack on Jussie Smollet
I saw that, maybe Trump knows something we don't. However, it just sounds fishy as all get out to me.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:33 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Opps. Apparently a video has emerged of him directly after the attack. Shows him unhurt and he walked by security guards and didn't tell them he was just brutally attacked.

I suspect this story will quickly disappear from the media. The deed was done. They riled up the African Americans again, just like they did last week with those teenagers in Covington with the false lies. It's the MSM/Hollywood/Political Elite after all. They can't exist without keeping a segment of the population victimized at all time.s Too bad there's still so many "easily influenced" who buy it hook line & sinker.

https://twitter.com/michellemalkin/s...64500151382017

Old 02-01-2019, 07:34 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Opps. Apparently a video has emerged of him directly after the attack. Shows him unhurt and he walked by security guards and didn't tell them he was just brutally attacked.

https://twitter.com/michellemalkin/s...64500151382017
that was many pages ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
sure. totally believable.

https://twitter.com/michellemalkin/s...ring-normal%2F
Michelle Malkin Retweeted Rob Elgas
if this was such a horrific assault, why walk right past the security guard

Old 02-01-2019, 07:40 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that was many pages ago:

if this was such a horrific assault, why walk right past the security guard
He did say he was reluctant to report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies