Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 09:47 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,317,221 times

Advertisements

FBI will do what the local people didn't do. This guy needs to go to jail for many years.

42,732 posts, read 29,923,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WacoBill View Post
Chicago PD knew they were under the spotlight on this case from the get-go. They were literally walking on eggshells. A black police superintendent. A black state's attorney. What's to fear?
They don't have a great reputation, do they?

21,967 posts, read 9,552,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
You are the main conspiracy theory peddler. I've received many warnings of your peddling in the real estate threads as well. False accusations on race are ignorant because I didn't say he was innocent. But I could say the same about you. Your conspiracy theories, in general, are all over the place. Calling it for what it is. I'll ignore you in the future but warning others.
I never said anything about you and conspiracy theories but go to your classic strategy....attack the poster.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
FBI will do what the local people didn't do. This guy needs to go to jail for many years.
For making a false police report? You think the penalty for a false police report is jail for many years????

Old 03-28-2019, 09:49 AM

10,001 posts, read 5,711,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
For making a false police report? You think the penalty for a false police report is jail for many years????
No but sending terroristic threats through the mail is generally frowned upon by the federal constabulary.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
No but sending terroristic threats through the mail is generally frowned upon by the federal constabulary.
We'll see what the FBI turns up in that investigation. But IF he did it, he sent crushed ibuprofen to himself. While it would have been to further a fraud, it didn't actually endanger anyone.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:57 AM

10,001 posts, read 5,711,232 times
Quote:
We'll see what the FBI turns up in that investigation. But IF he did it, he sent crushed ibuprofen to himself. While it would have been to further a fraud, it didn't actually endanger anyone.
So what?

Old 03-28-2019, 09:59 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,744,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm actually amazed that Rahm Emanuel has broken ranks and gone on the offensive about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I am, too, but he probably has an agenda. I'm sure he has a position in mind that he wants down the road. If he's not going to appear tough on crime that might ruin it for him.
it shouldn't be surprising because a mayor cannot run a city without the police. Even our giant doofus of a mayor here in NYC, Bill De Bozo, has no choice to side with the NYPD on certain things otherwise he will lose all control of the department. Rahm is in the same position, he'll screw over the CPD on certain things but there is a giant red line on this issue he can't cross

Old 03-28-2019, 10:04 AM

349 posts, read 261,104 times
Quote:
They don't have a great reputation, do they?
2016 was the beginning of 'change' in the systemic deficiencies within the Chicago Police Department with the appointment of Superintendent Eddie T. Johnson, and State's Attorney Kim Foxx. For a black family in a 30% black city with a black tv show to not have have faith in a newly appointed black police chief and a black SA is just not black supportive.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
So what?
What do you think the penalty should be for sending yourself crushed ibuprofen?

I'm not a supporter of Jussie Smollett. The first time I heard the story I thought it questionable. Thugs in Chicago carry bleach around with them at 2am???? I can believe thugs with guns at 2am. But bleach??? Really???

I watched Empire the first two seasons, because it was based on the play Lion in Winter. The play, based on Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine towards the end of their lives is one of my favorites, but when the TV show Empire veered away from the play, I lost interest.

My interest in this thread is that the outrage, rage, and frustration with this case is similar to the outrage, rage and frustration that triggered lynchings in the 19th century. People have arrived at their judgment of Smollett, and want him to be punished. Some of the posters on this thread have even suggested that Smollett will be attacked in reality by MAGA hat-wearers. And the comments about karma. And the comments about going to jail for a really long time. The offenses he is accused of don't merit long jail sentences. He is not a violent criminal. He didn't threaten anyone. But people are beyond angry.

More than that, the insistence of some people that the Obamas had something, anything, to do with this, based on zero evidence that the Obamas took any interest at all, is fascinating. Conspiracy people see conspiracy everywhere is something one of my college professors used to say, and it seems to be true. No matter how dubious the conspiracy is, there are people who BELIEVE. And it's funny, because in the political arena, the people on the other end of the political spectrum are all involved in conspiracies, but the politicians that the political conspiracists like are not involved in any conspiracies. It's confirmation bias taken to the nth degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies