Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 07:49 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
He should have done this long ago, certainly before making his damn wall the centerpiece of his campaign. Hypocrite. He's only doing it now because he got caught.
I agree.

Now I’m waiting for him to start buying MAGA gear from American manufacturers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Maybe you don't realize that Trump has nothing to do with the Trump organization these days.

thread fail.
That is SUCH CRAP... It's like refusing to look at your hand and saying "what - I don't have any hands.."

Who built the Trump businesses all those years before the Presidency? Who gained a ton of money by squeezing profit margins on cheap US labor and Chinese manufacturing? Where were his America First principles back then?

And for your information, all Trump ever did when becoming Preaident is say "My loyal mini-me kids will run my business - and I SWEAR I won't talk to them about it, pinky promise!!" What a joke.

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
So when is Maralargo going to stop using H2bs?

Muricans wont grovel enough. We need to import people to grovel to the members!

Old 01-30-2019, 07:54 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
He should have done this long ago, certainly before making his damn wall the centerpiece of his campaign. Hypocrite. He's only doing it now because he got caught.
Exactly.

He’s really good at seeking approval for putting out the fires he started, isn’t he?

And the true believers lap it up.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:56 AM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
That is SUCH CRAP... It's like refusing to look at your hand and saying "what - I don't have any hands.."

Who built the Trump businesses all those years before the Presidency? Who gained a ton of money by squeezing profit margins on cheap US labor and Chinese manufacturing? Where were his America First principles back then?

And for your information, all Trump ever did when becoming Preaident is say "My loyal mini-me kids will run my business - and I SWEAR I won't talk to them about it, pinky promise!!" What a joke.

I wonder what the Sundays and holiday dinner conversation is lately?

Not business.

In my dreams. That's all he knows.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:57 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Tell it to Oldglory, it's his thread. *shrug*

So even thought Trump has nothing to do with it. You still try to find fault with Trump for it.

Sounds like a Democrat to me.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:00 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Maybe you don't realize that Trump has nothing to do with the Trump organization these days.

thread fail.
Still in his name, with he and his children as the board of directors and almost the only employees. I'd say he's in up to his combover.

Last edited by cuebald; 01-30-2019 at 09:20 AM..

Old 01-30-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:

thread fail.
Some of these people have been working for Trump properties for over a decade.
What was his excuse when they were hired?

That his organization is finally doing the right thing, now, as you remind us, that he allegedly has nothing to do with it, doesn’t exactly help his image in the way you might hope.

All it says to me is that the people now in charge understand optics better than the guy with his name on the door.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Just now getting around to it after all these years? After all this anti-immigrant talk and making big profits on cheap labor?

Wow. So bold of him! What's next - taking his cheap manufacturing out of China and putting American manufacturers first??

Scary - the man may actually develop principle and integrity one day if he keeps this up...?..
Nah.
As WK reminded us, he has nothing to do with the Trump organization.
Can’t give him any credit for HR, etc. now doing what should have been done when he was in charge.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:06 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
So even thought Trump has nothing to do with it. You still try to find fault with Trump for it.

Sounds like a Democrat to me.
Perhaps I was unclear.

It's something that should have been addressed long ago, when he did have a role, if it was so important to him. He may not have anything to do with it now, but he did then, and if he was going to make illegal immigration a focal point, he should have made sure the organization was squeaky clean beforehand.

Does this make sense to you now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies