Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2019, 07:24 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
How embarrassing. If it is contrived, it is low. If it isn't, then Kellyanne is weak allowing this to go on. It would feel like sabotage if my husband did that to my employer and worse if I had a high profile position working closely with that employer. A spouse should support their partner.

Under that premise: Why isn't Kellyanne supporting her husband? Kellyanne defends her boss while he repeatedly insults her spouse in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
KellyAnne Conway is embarrassing herself.

Kellyanne has been married to George for 18 years. Is she going to continue showing up to work everyday for a boss that keeps insulting her husband?!!?

Agreed! And may I add continuing to show up for a boss and POTUS that insults people of all persuasions. You know, men, women, Republicans, Democrats, party leaders, world leaders, entire faiths and ethnic groups and professions and government institutions and public servants, citizens of the U.S.A. etc etc etc.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 03-20-2019 at 07:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 07:49 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
George Conway--husband of White House adviser Kellyanne Conway--doesn't think the way his wife does.

Kellyanne can be heard on CNN and other news programs defending Trump no matter what crazy thing he does. Kellyanne is the ultimate Trump sycophant.

George, on the other hand, doesn't like Trump at all and says so. He recently called Trump a pathological liar in a tweet. Today, George is saying that the "president's stupidity knows no bounds".

I've got to admire a guy who isn't afraid to stand up and say what he thinks. He knows the consequences of his behavior may be the dismissal of his wife from her job.

Go to it George!

"]George Conway--husband of White House adviser Kellyanne Conway--doesn't think the way his wife does."

And?

So what. He isn't in politics also why should we care what he thinks.

Remember Mary Matalin a REPUB consultant and James Carvle a DEM consultant are MARRIED to each other.

Thread FAIL!

Old 03-20-2019, 07:55 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
"George Conway, often referred to as Mr. Kellyanne Conway by those who know him, is VERY jealous of his wife’s success & angry that I, with her help, didn’t give him the job he so desperately wanted. I barely know him but just take a look, a stone cold LOSER & husband from hell!"
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...35293671845888
Classic...

Old 03-20-2019, 07:59 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I just heard an interview with Steve Holland of Reuters where he says that there will be an interview with George coming out soon in the Washington Post where George says that the situation is creating some degree of strain in his marriage. If I know this, then someone in the White House does, meaning Trump likely does. Possible motivation for the additional Tweets ('going for the jugular' ) ?
Kellyanne is no fool, though she plays one on TV.

Hard to believe she would pick her job with Trump over her husband.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:08 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
She’s done way more than him in life, he should be proud of her instead of making her job harder.

Such as WHAT?

HINT: Lying more as a shill for the POTUS is not 'doing more in life'.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:17 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
She’s done way more than him in life, he should be proud of her instead of making her job harder.
Really?

He's argued before the Supreme Court...she hasn't.

She sold the polling company she founded. She owned 100% of it. This 2017 Politico article stated the firm was worth between $1 million and $5 million:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...rm-sold-243256

George is a partner at the U.S. law firm of Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz.

Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, for 2018, had the highest profit share per partner among the 100 largest law firms in the United States.....over $5.7 million per partner (1 year) :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ts_per_partner

$5.7 million...1 year.....vs. Kellyanne's whole company worth at most $5 million.

Sure, despite Kellyanne's 179k salary, the White House represents a higher profile, but the money George is bringing in represents most of their pie.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:19 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I just heard an interview with Steve Holland of Reuters where he says that there will be an interview with George coming out soon in the Washington Post where George says that the situation is creating some degree of strain in his marriage. If I know this, then someone in the White House does, meaning Trump likely does. Possible motivation for the additional Tweets ('going for the jugular' ) ?
If George Conway can dish it out, he has to be able to take it. That's life in the real world.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
New tweet referring to George:

"George Conway, often referred to as Mr. Kellyanne Conway by those who know him, is VERY jealous of his wife’s success & angry that I, with her help, didn’t give him the job he so desperately wanted. I barely know him but just take a look, a stone cold LOSER & husband from hell!"
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...35293671845888

Sigh.
Good Grief.

Trump was born on third base + 60% off third on the way to home plate.

George made his own way.

Trump's insecurity is showing.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:33 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
I thought Kelly Ann's response to the question about the tweets was odd...bringing up trying to get four kids to school. Her husband bashed Trump all week end and she wasn't aware of it?

Come on -- she lies so bad -- it really is sad.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
If George Conway can dish it out, he has to be able to take it. That's life in the real world.
He's obviously willing to take it, else he would have stopped long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies