Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2019, 12:41 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,122 times

Advertisements

Cheerios are different prices at different stores. That would have been my answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 12:42 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Cheerios are different prices at different stores. That would have been my answer.
Which would have been a better answer than "I don't know".

Old 01-30-2019, 12:44 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Everyone is ignoring Joe's follow-up question to Schultz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFvyOitYNz4

Old 01-30-2019, 12:45 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
a better question is what is the tax rate for families making less than 50k a year?

a better question is how much will medicare for all cost the taxpayers especially the middle class.

those are better questions than how much does a box of Cheerios cost.....thats like asking how much does a box of Tampax Tampons cost when you are a man. If you don't buy or eat cheerios then why would you care how much it cost?

Old 01-30-2019, 12:47 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What the heck? He's running for president not trying out for the contestant of the Price of Right. Look I for one am not interested in whether leaders know how much a box of cereal costs. I doubt Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump know either.

Can we get a serious media, please?

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/morning-...does-not-know/
Well, that is one of the things that cost Bush the 1st his second term, when he was amazed of going through the grocery store and seeing things scanned.

Being out of touch with what the voters are going through will not win you many points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
a better question is what is the tax rate for families making less than 50k a year?

a better question is how much will medicare for all cost the taxpayers especially the middle class.

those are better questions than how much does a box of Cheerios cost.....thats like asking how much does a box of Tampax Tampons cost when you are a man. If you don't buy or eat cheerios then why would you care how much it cost?

Why not?

When I was going for an investigator's job in a Secretary's Office, I studied the top ten cases that applied to the crimes I would investigate, the Act that authorized the playing field, and the top ten cases that opposed the playing field.

In short, I CASED the joint!

Why would you care? Because the people you are representing care about such things.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:47 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times
I hate these gotcha type questions from the media. Like I want the guy wasting time grocery shopping. Yes, he should be in touch with the financial challenges the poor, and middle income earner face, but there are better ways to assess that.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:48 PM

that's the next question to kill any male candidate: how much does a box of Tampax Tampons cost?

If he doesn't answer then he is out of touch with women needs and a better reason to elect a women President.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post

The reason for the question has been addressed (as has already been noted) and ignored. The question was a simple way of asking how is it that someone doesn't have a clue what something cost arguing against people who say they can not afford those things with the wages being offered.

Some one that wants to be taken seriously shouldn't have stumbled over such an obvious question either. If I was a producer and this was discussed before hand I would have said that there was no way he would fall for this question. But dang if he didn't.

He doesn't even understand why the question was asked.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, that is one of the things that cost Bush the 1st his second term, when he was amazed of going through the grocery store and seeing things scanned.

Being out of touch with what the voters are going through will not win you many points.

he didn't lose because of that......because nobody believed that Hillary did the grocery shopping and cook for Bill when he was governor of Arkansas.

He lost because of a recession, he broke his promise of no new taxes and he was challenged from the conservative base with Ross Perot.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I hate these gotcha type questions from the media. Like I want the guy wasting time grocery shopping. Yes, he should be in touch with the financial challenges the poor, and middle income earner face, but there are better ways to assess that.
And yet the question worked to show that he does not understand the challenges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies