Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2019, 04:00 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I have no idea how much a box of Cheerios costs. I don't eat Cheerios and I'm not a billionaire and I couldn't tell you the cost of cereal.

Morning Joe is a complete douchbag. He's trying to discredit Schultz and make him go away as all of the Dems are afraid of the guy.

Do all of these leftist pinheads all have meetings and sit down and take marching orders. It's kind of creepy to see how all of these people start chanting the same mantras on all of the political talking shows.
He is going to siphon votes away from a true Progressive so who needs him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 04:01 PM

1,227 posts, read 633,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What the heck? He's running for president not trying out for the contestant of the Price of Right. Look I for one am not interested in whether leaders know how much a box of cereal costs. I doubt Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump know either.

Can we get a serious media, please?

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/morning-...does-not-know/
Well it looks like he just lost an endorsement from the “Oat Industry”

Old 01-30-2019, 04:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You guys are hilarious. Not knowing the cost of a gallon of milk led to George H.W. Bush as being declared unqualified for reelection in 1992. The media and the Clinton campaign said so.
Actually the voters of the country said so. And it was not simply the price of milk or not knowing how to buy socks in a store.

It was much more. We were in a recession, sick of war mongers, overdue for a generational change, and Clinton/Gore just organically emerged as very popular (and did in fact win the popular vote).

Old 01-30-2019, 04:07 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekawal View Post
Unbelievable that this stupid question would be asked to a potential presidential candidate. How about some "real" questions so the public can make informed decisions. I'm so tired of the news (and the government is running a close 2nd)........

It appears that NBC has never asked this question of any other Presidential candidate in it's history. It's obvious what they are up to of course. They are doing whatever they can to protect the Democrat candidate. This includes tearing down any potential independent.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:09 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It appears that NBC has never asked this question of any other Presidential candidate in it's history. It's obvious what they are up to of course. They are doing whatever they can to protect the Democrat candidate. This includes tearing down any potential independent.
I'm glad to see the media is thinking of new questions.

Would hate to think they would just rely on what was done in the past.

The amt. was relevant -- how he answered was important.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:09 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Scarborough should be horrified at himself for having sunk to the depths of banality that question requires.

Asking a prospective chief executive how much a single product costs, a product that probably has hundreds of different price points across the various markets of the United States btw, is absurd. It has exactly no relevance to anything related to the job of President.

Gotcha questions are typically moronic, but this is moronic on the galactic scale.

And I'd bet if you surveyed grocery store employees, less than a quarter of them would be within $1 of the price of a product they see every single day at work.

Take it from someone who analyzes data for a living. Until someone like me makes a point/story of the data, nobody knows what the hell it is, including me.

This entire subject is utterly absurd.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:11 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Perhaps he should run as a Republican primary challenger to Trump. Republicans seem to be really thrilled with this guy.
There is some truth to that. I have a lot of respect for Steve Schmidt, despite the boner move with Palin. He's more than redeemed himself since then, and he is a very smart articulate guy, who also despises Trump.

His argument, which I agree with to some extent, is that if the Dems put up a far left candidate, there will need to be another candidate that people like myself can vote for. Honestly, I'm a loyal Dem, but I would not vote for a Sanders/Warren ticket, and that ticket could probably not win.

Schultz is a moderate, and I think there will be other moderates running. Truthfully--I do not want a choice of Trump or an extremely far left Dem. I would not want either.

In Schmidt's mind, Schultz can be an alternative to the extremists--alt-right Trump or a far left Dem. Moderate republicans also are looking for someone to vote for. It does make sense, and Schmidt has repeated over and over that if Schultz does not see a couple pathways to victory, or an obvious Trump win, he'll get out. But if they see a weak Dem as candidate, he'll probably stay in.

The election is 2 years away--why does everyone need someone to vote for today?

Old 01-30-2019, 04:23 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What the heck? He's running for president not trying out for the contestant of the Price of Right. Look I for one am not interested in whether leaders know how much a box of cereal costs. I doubt Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump know either.

Can we get a serious media, please?

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/morning-...does-not-know/

The media doesn't like him, because he would siphon off more Democrat votes. No way Morning Joe would ask that if he would siphon off more Republican votes.

Anyways, the fact of the matter is it depends.

Cheerios are cheaper at Sam's Club than at a rural gas station. Cheerios are cheaper at Meijer than the local non-chain grocery store. Cheerios are generally cheaper in Michigan than in San Francisco.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:26 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm glad to see the media is thinking of new questions.

Haha. You know if it had been Hillary Clinton sitting there, they would have told her the answer off-camera before it was asked. Just like CNN did during the debates.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:27 PM

850 posts, read 796,676 times
Should have asked him "What is Aleppo"?
At least to separate him from Gary Johnson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies