Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support free healthcare for the illegals?
Yes. 8 6.02%
No. 125 93.98%
I don’t know. 0 0%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 02:15 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times

Advertisements

I can always count on the NY Post headline for a laugh.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 02:31 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Look at what the Dems are running on. I predict that record numbers of minorities are going to vote republican this time around than ever before.

Maybe 15% or more blacks, and 35%+ "Latinos" will vote republican.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:41 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Kamala Harris has said she supports Medicare for all (cost estimate $32 TRILLION) and abolishing ICE (compared them to the KKK). So, how exactly will that work? Import tons of new illegals and make Americans who work for a living pay for their healthcare? Sounds fair to me. What do you think?
It’s hard to tell if they actually don’t understand how it doesn’t work or if they’re just so dishonest, they will say whatever it takes. Probably a little of both. I have discussed this with people who genuinely do not have the required information to understand what you’ve spoken of.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:03 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
TV didn't think the question through for sure and/or they were afraid to tell their true feeling at the debate.
I kind of suspect the latter. If a candidate said that they didn't support health care for undocumented immigrants, they would have been jumped on by the others.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:17 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Which of you voted “yes”? May I have a show of hands? Can you tell me why and who is going to pay? They already use our ERs for free medical.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:21 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Amazing, watching these Candidates was just freaky...........all the ideas they were advocating
for sound ruinous.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:22 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
Kamala Harris is copying Trump. Promise everything and give nothing.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:51 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How many times does it have to be repeated that it has to be proven that an employer "knowingly" hired illegals before they can be prosecuted? How many times does it have to be repeated that under Trump several of them were caught "knowingly" having had illegals work for them and were held accountable? How many times does it have to be repeated that illegals use very authentic looking documents to gain employment and without e-verify it's not easy to tell? How many times does it have to be repeated that Trump has had e-verify in his last two budgets but was probably voted down by the Democrats again just like in the past? How many times does it have to be repeated that Trump reinstated the workplace raids that were discontinued under Obama? So saying that no one is going after the employers is just a liberal leftist lie! By the way, the illegals are just as guilty of breaking the law as the employers and they both should be held accountable. There is no innocent party here.
They know this. They’re just ignoring it. The ONLY states with mandatory e-verify are Republican led states. The Dem candidates think California should be a model for the rest of the US? That’s a state which bans the use of e-verify. Of note, illegals have learned ways around it I won’t go into here so as not to encourage more of it. ICE recently raided several businesses in our area - they only were able to figure it out because these illegals were even filing taxes but claiming LOTS of dependents who they claimed didn’t have SSNs and were getting thousands and thousands back in refunds and were able to determine they were not the actual person filing those returns. The employers were not fined because they followed all laws and were able to show it.

Quite frankly, to combat illegal immigration, it will require the assistance of multiple agencies, very strong border control and compliance by employers and yet Dems won’t even allow e-verify. So yeah, it doesn’t surprise me they’re advocating for illegals to get free healthcare as their own actions have proven they’re in favor of open borders.

Old 06-29-2019, 05:05 PM

830 posts, read 486,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Kamala Harris has said she supports Medicare for all (cost estimate $32 TRILLION) and abolishing ICE (compared them to the KKK). So, how exactly will that work? Import tons of new illegals and make Americans who work for a living pay for their healthcare? Sounds fair to me. What do you think?
She'll walk it all back after the primaries.

Old 06-29-2019, 05:34 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Democrats are going to hand the white house over to trump if they run on this garbage.

Jesus, talk about being out of touch with the people.

For all of trump's dumbcrap he says at least he's got enough sense to not run on this crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies