Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support free healthcare for the illegals?
Yes. 8 6.02%
No. 125 93.98%
I don’t know. 0 0%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 07:30 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times

Advertisements

Universal Health Care shouldn't include covering illegal aliens who don't even have a right to be in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2019, 07:33 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Universal Health Care shouldn't include covering illegal aliens who don't even have a right to be in this country.

Yet all current dems running for president want this.....how is that going to be paid for?

Old 07-06-2019, 07:43 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yet all current dems running for president want this.....how is that going to be paid for?
I've asked many times including today. We do not pay for war, why do we have to pay for health care? Is it not more noble to go into trillions in debt helping people as opposed to killing tens of thousands of innocent people?

Old 07-06-2019, 08:00 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've asked many times including today. We do not pay for war, why do we have to pay for health care? Is it not more noble to go into trillions in debt helping people as opposed to killing tens of thousands of innocent people?

If we pulled military back to the United States (select bases can stay overseas), the dems would still want free medical for illegals.

And it all depends (noble), no, it's not if an illegal jumps the fence, and a day later has a child....yea, yea, yea, I'll get blasted over that.....all that money now that we have to spend on her and her child could very well be going to vets.....who BTW commit suicide ~20 times a day..... Don't see illegals doing that....now what is more noble?

Old 07-06-2019, 08:13 AM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
Fine, we can institute UHC and cut taxes and see how it goes.

We don't get there until the hyperbole surrounding it stops. It's going to happen sooner or later.
I agree in one form or another healthcare will change. The question is how will it change. Medicare for all? Expanded ACA? UHC?
Each one has positives and minuses. So pardon me if I just go by a candidate's bumper sticker slogan and would like to see an analysis of each proposal to see what works best.
For example Medicare for all only pays 80 percent of costs. Supplemental plans will need to be purchased. Those plans for the 20 percent cost more than full Insurance coverage for many.

ACA was complicated enough, and it served only a sliver of the population. UHC is going to dwarf that tremendously. Let's make sure we get it right. Loopholes were granted for the politically connected, taxes were added, then removed . It got crazy and again, that was for a small segment of the population.

Adding illegals to coverage without them participating financially is not right. We need to make sure that they pay into the system via some sort of tax or payment due at point of medical service. Everyone needs some skin in the game.

Old 07-06-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
I agree in one form or another healthcare will change. The question is how will it change. Medicare for all? Expanded ACA? UHC?
I admit I say UHC when I simply mean a way for everyone to affordably get coverage when in the end, I'm not caring much how we do it, just that we do.

Quote:
Each one has positives and minuses. So pardon me if I just go by a candidate's bumper sticker slogan and would like to see an analysis of each proposal to see what works best.
For example Medicare for all only pays 80 percent of costs. Supplemental plans will need to be purchased. Those plans for the 20 percent cost more than full Insurance coverage for many.

ACA was complicated enough, and it served only a sliver of the population. UHC is going to dwarf that tremendously. Let's make sure we get it right. Loopholes were granted for the politically connected, taxes were added, then removed . It got crazy and again, that was for a small segment of the population.

Adding illegals to coverage without them participating financially is not right. We need to make sure that they pay into the system via some sort of tax or payment due at point of medical service. Everyone needs some skin in the game.
ACA sucked. I've said that from the beginning. I noted it would set real reform back years and it has. Some will argue "look at how they sold us out with ACA, why should we trust them now"? That's a valid position. As long as people continue to defend the mess and defend the process around it, it makes real reform harder.

We can't expect Pelosi to do the right thing "this time".

I've been arguing for years for illegals to pay taxes.

Old 07-06-2019, 08:49 AM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
I admit I say UHC when I simply mean a way for everyone to affordably get coverage when in the end, I'm not caring much how we do it, just that we do.

ACA sucked. I've said that from the beginning. I noted it would set real reform back years and it has. Some will argue "look at how they sold us out with ACA, why should we trust them now"? That's a valid position. As long as people continue to defend the mess and defend the process around it, it makes real reform harder.

We can't expect Pelosi to do the right thing "this time".

I've been arguing for years for illegals to pay taxes.
Relying on politicians to "do the right thing" is a doomed strategy. They simply are not intelligent enough to understand the nuances and possible complications of changing our health care system. They function merely to get re elected. That is their purpose. They will say anything and promise anything to get elected no matter what.
Career politicians either federal or state get health insurance handed to them. They have no understanding of how the different types of healthcare systems work. We need more accountants and less politicians to get to a serviceable healthcare system.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Relying on politicians to "do the right thing" is a doomed strategy. They simply are not intelligent enough to understand the nuances and possible complications of changing our health care system. They function merely to get re elected. That is their purpose. They will say anything and promise anything to get elected no matter what.
Career politicians either federal or state get health insurance handed to them. They have no understanding of how the different types of healthcare systems work. We need more accountants and less politicians to get to a serviceable healthcare system.
They understand. They know they can do what the $$$$ tells them to do and we will still re-elect them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies