Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2019, 10:57 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,726,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
I was just going to post about the WF discounts, I didn't know about that, I just found out about in this article that WF is hiking prices:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ary-tidal-wave

"Feb. 12, 2019 is a day that will live on in the annals of American industry. Because it's the day we finally learned - thanks to a repoert in the Wall Street Journal - that Jeff Bezos (and, presumably, his investors) tolerance for loss-making businesses does have its limits."

Shouldn't be a shocker to anyone, it's the hook 'em and hike 'em game. Bound to happen sooner or later.
Hoo boy. Their nickname has been "whole paycheck" for years.

Every time I go in there and look around, I say "nope" and leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 05:52 AM

34,215 posts, read 18,550,731 times
Have affairs with Hispanic bimbos with fake boobs, and pay $70 BILLION. Dr. Evil loses.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:08 AM

10,988 posts, read 20,549,150 times
I couldn't figure out the Saudi connection, except that they want to silence Bezos, until the information that AMI is deeply in debt. They are one of the few sources of significant bail-out cash on the planet.

The actors in this episode have gone to ground. Pecker's attorney has offered an excuse but doesn't seem to be shouting to the hills in the media. I think they have gone to ground as SDNY and Bezos take a look at the law, the evidence, and their options.

I think Pecker and his executives are in serious legal trouble.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:48 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,172,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
I couldn't figure out the Saudi connection, except that they want to silence Bezos, until the information that AMI is deeply in debt. They are one of the few sources of significant bail-out cash on the planet.

The actors in this episode have gone to ground. Pecker's attorney has offered an excuse but doesn't seem to be shouting to the hills in the media. I think they have gone to ground as SDNY and Bezos take a look at the law, the evidence, and their options.

No doubt it's over for Pecker and AMI. The Saudis, on the other hand, couldn't give two poops in a bucket for American law.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:53 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,078,982 times
Quote:
Yep, absolutely they are.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:13 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,083,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yep, absolutely they are.
Damn! I guess I'll have to settle for Peephole Magazine when I'm looking for trash to read in the checkout lane at the supermarket.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Damn! I guess I'll have to settle for Peephole Magazine when I'm looking for trash to read in the checkout lane at the supermarket.
LOL, I used to love that magazine back in the day. Great bathroom reading. It's so dreary now, like so many of our institutions are now the drizzlin' plops.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:35 PM

This is getting weirder and weirder.

An attorney by the name of Jon Fine worked for Amazon for 6 years then late last year was hired by AMI and is their No. 2 counsel. [per NYPost] also an article in WSJ

Sometimes high-flyers unwittingly fly into the fire. I think Mr. Fine will regret this move.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
This is getting weirder and weirder.

An attorney by the name of Jon Fine worked for Amazon for 6 years then late last year was hired by AMI and is their No. 2 counsel. [per NYPost] also an article in WSJ

Sometimes high-flyers unwittingly fly into the fire. I think Mr. Fine will regret this move.
Wow, that IS interesting. Not sure what it signifies, but it is interesting. Fine seems to be a very well-liked person in the industry. Presumably he would have known how far he could push the envelope, but maybe not. Attorney-client privilege seems to be going the way of the dinosaur, ever since the whole Michael Cohen debacle. Then again, he could well have been "placed" at AMI by Amazon. Corporate espionage does happen. If so, that's another nail in the coffin of attorney-client privilege.

Thanks for the heads-up, Nell.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:21 AM

From what I read the executive who hired Fine was discharged the day he came on board. Were I Fine I would have resigned that day, there isn't enough money in the world that would have induced me to stay. He could have easily found another lucrative position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies