Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 11:23 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Brother is a Trump supporter.

Surely you can see that brother might have sold the info with a political motivation, as well as financial. I suspect that bro and sis were not on good terms to begin with - they are surely not on good terms now!

Trump does not need to have been in on it for it to benefit Trump.

I'm not a fan of any of these people. All *******s. Including Trump.
Let us not forget the symbiotic relationship between Trump and Pecker (no pun). Pecker has been killing stories and making stories for Trump's benefit for years and years.

It is difficult to ignore that fact when odd things happen to those high up on Trump's enemies list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 11:30 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,186,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Let us not forget the symbiotic relationship between Trump and Pecker (no pun). Pecker has been killing stories and making stories for Trump's benefit for years and years.

It is difficult to ignore that fact when odd things happen to those high up on Trump's enemies list.
Yes, it was really odd how Trump made Bezos send all those sexts to his girlfriend.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:38 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I don’t share my texts with my brother. Sleazy sister is a problem too.
As I said. They're all *******s.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:38 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
It’s midlife crisis. I’m glad we hear nothing from Gates.
Could be. He should have bought a Ferrari instead.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:45 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Gets caught with hand in cookie jar, blames jar. Says the leaked texts of his affair killed his marriage. Say WHAT?

Original story is behind Daily Beast's paywall/adblock wall:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bezos-...d-his-marriage

Available story at Mediaite:

https://www.mediaite.com/online/jeff...onal-enquirer/

What say you? Did the affair kill his marriage? Or was it the texts? As I understand it, Lauren Sanchez forwarded his texts to a friend of hers, who sold them to the Enquirer. Was Sanchez a honeypot set up by Trump's team to get Bezos? Inquiring minds want to know!

Excellent question! I thought the buck stopped at his mistress,as soon as I heard she had shared things with her friends,and that her brother was involved,as well,I mean.....D-U-H! Bezos was PLAYED!

Old 03-21-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Excellent question! I thought the buck stopped at his mistress,as soon as I heard she had shared things with her friends,and that her brother was involved,as well,I mean.....D-U-H! Bezos was PLAYED!
Here's an interesting opinion piece I saw yesterday:

Did Jeff Bezos Invent A Trump-Saudi Collusion Hoax To Deflect From His Dick-Pic Betrayal?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...k-pic-betrayal

"The beginning of February was a rough stretch for Jeff Bezos. The National Enquirer obtained evidence that he was engaged in a long-running extramarital affair, and he knew the paper was moments away from publishing exclusive details from the hugely embarrassing saga. Bezos had a decision to make. He could do the decent thing and apologize for his wrongdoing. Instead, he chose a different path — the warpath.

Far from owning up to his misdeeds, the billionaire founder of Amazon and owner of the Washington Post went on offense. In a Medium post published February 4, Bezos concocted a mind-blowing conspiracy involving the Trump administration, Saudi Arabia, and international espionage. He claimed that President Trump and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia were attempting an extensive “extortion and blackmail” campaign against him. He proposed that his ownership of the Washington Post put a target on his back. As owner of the Post, Bezos claimed that he was on Trump’s enemies list. He also insisted that it was no coincidence that President Trump and David Pecker, the publisher of the National Enquirer, had a professional working relationship. Moreover, Bezos claimed that Saudi Arabia must be targeting him due to the Washington Post’s “unrelenting coverage” of the murder of Jamal Khashoggi."

The author does have a point. Why not just apologize and pursue the National Enquirer for extortion? No need to go way over the top here. And, please, he HAD to have known the brother was involved, if Gavin DeBecker is supposed to be such a hot-shot security consultant. Actually, I'm sure DeBecker knew what was what, and Bezos kind of trashed him by concocting some story of political and international intrigue. DeBecker is no dummy. But, never let a good crisis go to waste and all that.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:23 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
There is little doubt in my mind that the Saudis don't like Bezos and that Pecker has been seeking money from them to rescue his business. Trump hates Bezos but I don't think he is involved in this dust-up. The brother of the woman in question is a well-known supporter of Trump and I suspect that Bezos has known that the brother supplied the pictures.

IHMO Bezos hasn't filed because he was waiting for the evidence to develop and to see what the SDNY will do. There is plenty of time to commence litigation.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:25 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
It's hard to imagine a more hypocritical lawsuit.

"My privacy was violated".

Old 03-21-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
There is little doubt in my mind that the Saudis don't like Bezos and that Pecker has been seeking money from them to rescue his business. Trump hates Bezos but I don't think he is involved in this dust-up. The brother of the woman in question is a well-known supporter of Trump and I suspect that Bezos has known that the brother supplied the pictures.

IHMO Bezos hasn't filed because he was waiting for the evidence to develop and to see what the SDNY will do. There is plenty of time to commence litigation.
Good perspective, Nell. Very well reasoned. I wondered about the whole brother thing. If DeBecker is as good as they say he is, and I have no reason to believe he isn't, I would think he would have done checks on both the brother and sister and presented them to Bezos with many cautions. I guess, sometimes, when people are caught up in a love affair, maybe they don't want to believe the bad stuff and just forge ahead. I seem to think that's what happened here.

I was also wondering about the litigation and you cleared that one up for me, too. Do you know if there's a statute of limitations on this sort of thing?

Old 03-21-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's hard to imagine a more hypocritical lawsuit.

"My privacy was violated".
I think the legal angle in the lawsuit is extortion.

But whining about violations of privacy would be pretty rich coming from someone who runs a tech company these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies