Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 07:05 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
so that makes it OK especially with a united states leader????

what you pointed out is prevalent in a dictator especially!

so is that what you want leading your country???

LOL...you are too funny. So if Hillary would have won, you think she has a soul? Now that's funny as she's evil more cold hearted than Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 07:12 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
I truly believe this is largely the case - even though is it my "religion" to think that most people have their better angels.

He doesn't seem to have them. There are many names for that tendency, but I think the old-fashioned one fits best. Selfish. Consumed by his own selfishness.

If it is true as to what the "best people" claim is the meaning of life, he is constantly both expressing and living the opposite. It is made much worse by the scale of it. It wasn't enough to ruin his own relationships, his own businesses, the city of Atlantic City, poor people who bought his Frauds (Trump U) and all the other stuff. Now he has to ruin as much of the country and world as humanly possible for a single reason....that being to make sure he hits the headlines as much as possible.

A man without a conscience.
https://www.cix.co.uk/~klockstone/spath.htm

"You can do anything at all, and still your strange advantage over the majority of people, who are kept in line by their consciences, will most likely remain undiscovered."

Well, there is one possible positive there! Maybe many deplorables are not very deplorable....but rather are "kept in line by their consciences" - that is, they can't imagine the truth being the truth about the person, so they give the benefit of the doubt?

Old 01-30-2019, 07:21 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
LOL...you are too funny. So if Hillary would have won, you think she has a soul? Now that's funny as she's evil more cold hearted than Trump.
i think if you actually read you may find out differently - but I don't expect you to.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...el-first-lady/

"And that’s just a sampling of her far-reaching international travel. The only comparison would be Eleanor Roosevelt, the original "first lady of the world."

"She met often with women’s groups, virtually on every trip, holding roundtable discussions that usually centered on women’s rights, health care or child care.

• After meeting with Yunus in Bangladesh that day in April 1995, using mircocredit as a tool to fight world poverty became one of Clinton’s biggest international initiatives in her travels as first lady. The issue of microcredit appears on Clinton’s schedules more than 50 times."

Now, you may not care about children and women and poverty and all those silly things. But in this world we do use certain measurements...and, using those, she has fought for many such issues...gave Human Rights speech to power (while in China), is responsible for moving the ball forward for children (and even our) health care, etc.

No comparison. She may be tough, ruthless, smart, political and many other things. She may be wrong on a lot of issues. But, c'mon, her approval rating as Senator and Sec. of State were off the charts. The people know.

"Clinton has enjoyed high approval ratings for her job as Senator within New York, reaching an all-time high of 72 to 74 percent approving"

Try as you may you cannot compare that with 39% who approve of Trump or the fact that people in his own and neighboring states voted heavily against him.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:32 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
No, the left - and all decent people, really - don't like people in power who are devoid of any ethical standards (or basic knowledge or civility, for that matter).
Thanks for the laugh.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:34 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
None of the previous 43 had a soul. Just add Trump to the list.
Who was the one that did?

Old 01-30-2019, 07:35 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
If I may - I believe that it was his ghostwriter, not his co-writers. Trump didn't write any of it.

And he now deeply regrets ever having participated in that role.
I read Obama and Hillary never wrote any portions of their books either, must be nice.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:31 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Who was the one that did?
There are only 44 past presidents; Grover Cleveland served nonconsecutive terms, so gets counted twice.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:47 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I truly believe this is largely the case - even though is it my "religion" to think that most people have their better angels.

He doesn't seem to have them. There are many names for that tendency, but I think the old-fashioned one fits best. Selfish. Consumed by his own selfishness.

If it is true as to what the "best people" claim is the meaning of life, he is constantly both expressing and living the opposite. It is made much worse by the scale of it. It wasn't enough to ruin his own relationships, his own businesses, the city of Atlantic City, poor people who bought his Frauds (Trump U) and all the other stuff. Now he has to ruin as much of the country and world as humanly possible for a single reason....that being to make sure he hits the headlines as much as possible.

"You can do anything at all, and still your strange advantage over the majority of people, who are kept in line by their consciences, will most likely remain undiscovered."

Well, there is one possible positive there! Maybe many deplorables are not very deplorable....but rather are "kept in line by their consciences" - that is, they can't imagine the truth being the truth about the person, so they give the benefit of the doubt?
Terribly coincidental that both Trump and Putin are on the list at the bottom of the article.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:53 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
winning.

seriously the left has done exactly that for decades. the issue isn't that Donald Trump is soulless. the issue is the left doesn't like having a republican play outside the "rules".
No, the issue is Trump has no soul. Remember what he said about Saudi Arabia when it was revealed their scumbag sheik/prince/dictator had a man who was critical of him butchered alive? Trump didn't care, he said we are still going to send arms to them, he could care less about human rights abuses.

And remember what he said about his BFF Kim in N. Korea? He said "they fell in love", he had absolutely no concern about his murderous rule. Everything is a transaction to Trump, he is only concerned with adulation from others (people like you) and making as much money as he can.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:58 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

Ahhhh ok, you've got some awesome religion. No wonder your posts make so much sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies