Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 10:15 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Wouldn’t you want to remember your wedding and wedding nite with your spouse. How the hell will you remember when your completely stoned. I don’t know much about pot but what are guests supposed to do eat the brides wedding dress or inhale it..

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/mar...rSK/story.html

Coffee infused with CBD oil

https://donyc.com/p/where-to-sip-cbd-in-nyc

You certainly don't if you think it's make you forget the night before! Now alcohol on the other hand .......................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 10:45 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,297,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Good post, and a good example of why I remain adamantly opposed to marijuana legalization. The only way I could even begin to support it is if it were taxed at rates up to 1000% (as with cigarettes) and the tax revenue thereof directed specifically to fund health problems due to drug use.

btw marijuana has been linked to Erectile Dysfunction. There is even a slang term for it: "weed d***." Not exactly what I would want to have on my wedding night.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317104.php
From the link you provided: "The medical community has not found conclusive evidence that using cannabis, or marijuana, leads to ED."

Another failure of the American education system. Reading for comprehension? Failed.

Nothing to see here folks, let's move on.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:00 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,596,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
CBD oil is not psychoactive!

I suggest you refrain from posting on this subject, unless you actually ENJOY having your ignorance exposed.

I am sorry to be so harsh, but I am tired of having to mince my words in order to be politically correct. You obviously have little knowledge of cannabis and its effects on the humans who consume it, but yet it still offends you anyway. The brainwashing is complete.
Exactly, Raddo. Personally, CBD is a big part of my medicinal routine. I have PTSD and suffer from seizures in part because of the PTSD. CBD oil helps me get through the night without nightmares, and keeps the anxiety at bay. There is nothing psychoactive about it, and it doesn't get you high.

People who post what the OP did, and don't know that, just prove that certain folks are unwilling to actually do any kind of research, and instead rely on other to tell them what to think.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:12 PM

2,448 posts, read 888,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Consenting adults exercising freedom of association and self-ownership over their bodies.

My goodness! *clutches pearls*
Non-aggression principle.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:14 PM

2,448 posts, read 888,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I'm pro legalization but I'm getting kind of tired of driving on Long Island roads and smelling weed behind every other car driven by anyone under the age of 30. Can you people really not get through a day without smoking this crap?
What could possibly go wrong with that?

T-minus five for the potheads who will explain that smoking marijuana actually improves your driving. Seriously, that argument is coming.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:20 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,326,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
... certain folks are unwilling to actually do any kind of research, and instead rely on other to tell them what to think.
Yes, and in the absence of any other guidance, they fall back to their Reefer Madness indoctrination, because it is all that they, their parents, and their grandparents have ever known.

Except for Dr. Gupta of CNN fame, I have never found a single prohibitionist that ever opened a book or a research website, was open-minded about what they found, then realized their beliefs about marijuana and its effects on humans has been wrong their entire life. It just doesn't happen, even if they are an otherwise open-minded person. There is something about the stigma of Marijuana that acts as an exceptionally strong glue which keeps minds closed very tightly.

Last edited by Raddo; 01-31-2019 at 03:32 PM..

Old 01-31-2019, 03:20 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,585,808 times
Not too many weddings I've attended, where a joint between friends at some point in the evening, didn't happen.

I wouldn't be partaking of the cake though- it wouldn't be the right buzz for me.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:21 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,778,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Wouldn’t you want to remember your wedding and wedding nite with your spouse. How the hell will you remember when your completely stoned. I don’t know much about pot but what are guests supposed to do eat the brides wedding dress or inhale it..

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/mar...rSK/story.html

Coffee infused with CBD oil

https://donyc.com/p/where-to-sip-cbd-in-nyc
CBD oil is non-psychoactive. Even if it wasn't it's no different than some wine, beer, or champaigne.

Plus didn't God create the cannabis plant? I don't understand how Republicans can be so triggered by a natural plant that God created.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:24 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,778,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Yes, and in the absence of any other guidance, they fall back to their Reefer Madness indoctrination, because it is all that they, their parents, and their grandparents have ever known.
In 20 years it will be legal nationwide. They are going to have to eventually accept it.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:31 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,326,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
In 20 years it will be legal nationwide. They are going to have to eventually accept it.
Many believe it will be decriminalized (by its removal from Schedule I) during Trump's rein in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies