Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 06:25 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Swamp dont wanna give up ground. World conquest
At this point anyone but Trump is "the swamp" to his disciples. Glad to see at least some Republicans standing up to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 06:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
At this point anyone but Trump is "the swamp" to his disciples. Glad to see at least some Republicans standing up to him.
I don't support Trump. I never supported going into Syria to start with but because I didn't vote for Trump I should now support something I never supported in the first place?

Old 01-30-2019, 06:30 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We can leave the equipment for all I care. Nobody is fooled though. The war mongers are not interested in a withdrawal plan, they want us to stay.
Trump did agree to push back the withdrawal for months ... some troops were to remain. No amendment text available to my knowledge. The move itself sounded rather impulsive. McConnell wrote the amendment. The Democratic Senator who commented knew of the content only through a reporter although the vote is tomorrow.

McConnell is described here as "challenging" Trump. More:
Quote:
While Mr Trump was planning a 30-day-withdrawal from Syria when he announced his decision last month, a more prolonged and co-ordinated pullout is now being planned. Kurdish leader and co-president of the Syrian Democratic Council Ilham Ahmed is in Washington to convince the administration to slow down the process.

“We are asking the Trump administration to slow down the withdrawal and instead implement a well-studied plan,” Ms Ahmed told The National during an event hosted by The Middle East Institute on Tuesday.

She said there has been no change in US military posture in Syria since Mr Trump announced his decision, and was firm in rejecting any Turkish military presence or Turkish led safe zone in the Syrian Democratic Force (SDF) held areas.

However, the Syrian Kurdish leader said her group would be open to accepting UN monitors that won’t include a Turkish contingent. She characterised the 32km safe zone under consideration as a Turkish idea and not a US one reiterating that the SDF will reject it.
https://www.thenational.ae/world/men...delay-1.819665

A two-thirds majority will be required to override a Trump veto. Maybe this IS (at least in part) a first step to assembling a coalition to override a Trump veto on another attempt to close the government - starting with an issue that already has strong Senate support among Republicans.

At minimum it may be a warning or shot across the bow. Trump didn't listen to Senators on this issue. Next time?

Old 01-30-2019, 06:30 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
He wants the troops at the border. DOD sending so many more again. Now now fighting with Venezuela and his own intel people - I don’t even know what to think anymore

Old 01-30-2019, 06:32 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
I don't support Trump. I never supported going into Syria to start with but because I didn't vote for Trump I should now support something I never supported in the first place?
Of course you should, because the jackals and hyenas think it's the RIGHT thing to do. I hope to god these people don't have children.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Of course you should, because the jackals and hyenas think it's the RIGHT thing to do. I hope to god these people don't have children.
I hope the war mongers and hypocrites get brain cancer and die.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
He wants the troops at the border. DOD sending so many more again. Now now fighting with Venezuela and his own intel people - I don’t even know what to think anymore
The troops are there for humanitarian reasons, to provide medical assistance and shelter, etc. I don't call that defense.

The intel people he is fighting with are not HIS intel people. They're low, contemptible liars who have wreaked havoc around the world and at home for decades. They're the ones responsible for the drug problem at home, but they blame Mexicans and Chinese.

For me, the jury is still out on Venezuela. Not really sure what's happening there.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:38 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Oh how exciting for OP! A "rebuke" for Trump. It's Christmas come early, isn't it?

God people are pathetic.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I hope the war mongers and hypocrites get brain cancer and die.
Well, you got your wish with McCain, one of the most vile people ever to inhabit the planet.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Oh how exciting for OP! A "rebuke" for Trump. It's Christmas come early, isn't it?

God people are pathetic.
So exciting, they probably made in their panties. How about a rebuke for the Senate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies