Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2019, 04:06 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/2019/january/exclusive-white-house-press-secretary-sarah-sanders-god-wanted-donald-trump-to-become-president

Fire, brimstone, and plagues of frogs and locusts wouldn’t have been enough punishment?
To Sarah I guess God and Putin equal the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 04:31 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
I heard God wanted Pelosi as Speaker of the House.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:36 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Personally I do not think God cares all that much who is president.
God is a Monarchist, I am sure you heard of the phrase " king of kings". It has always baffled me why there are so many Christian democracy worshipers., And some have embraced Dominion theology using the democratic process and other to prepare the earth for the second coming. I do not know the bible they are reading but it is not the one I read.

I agree that God does not have any involvement of the picking of the POTUS. To say he does would humanize God to the lowest life form the voter who held his/her nose and picked the lesser of 2 evils. Well some other Christians might be eating that nonsense God wanted Trump I am not buying it. I hope I am believing in a greater God then that.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:40 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Sarah Sanders is a fool for a long list of reasons.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:45 AM

33,310 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
It's hard to make a Biblical case for Trump. He fails on several of the Ten Commandments: "Thou shalt not bear false witness"? Pathological liar Trump fails that test. "Thou shalt not commit adultery"? Multiple women say he has. "Thou shalt not steal"? Trump University, Trump Organization, history of stiffing contractors, etc. prove Trump's a swindler and a thief. "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me". Trump's God is Mammon. Such biblical injunctions as "Turn the other cheek": Trump believes in hitting back "ten times as hard". "The meek shall inherit the earth". Trump's the biggest egomaniac on the planet. "It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God". Trump brags about being a billionaire. And so on and so forth.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:47 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
God is a Monarchist, I am sure you heard of the phrase " king of kings". It has always baffled me why there are so many Christian democracy worshipers., And some have embraced Dominion theology using the democratic process and other to prepare the earth for the second coming. I do not know the bible they are reading but it is not the one I read.

I agree that God does not have any involvement of the picking of the POTUS. To say he does would humanize God to the lowest life form the voter who held his/her nose and picked the lesser of 2 evils. Well some other Christians might be eating that nonsense God wanted Trump I am not buying it. I hope I am believing in a greater God then that.
If you take that line of thinking to its logical end, you are essentially saying that the US itself is a heathen creation, and has been from day one.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:25 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
If you take that line of thinking to its logical end, you are essentially saying that the US itself is a heathen creation, and has been from day one.
Yes I would say that. But was it written in stone? No. There was a push for Washington to be the King of the USA and he declined and the forefathers went a different way. That in itself is a great example of mans free will, IMO if Washington wanted to be king it he would have been king.

Just like our elections the only role God plays is that he has giving us all free will. And we take this free will from God and we break up into 2 very partisan camps. And wave flags and show off our " I voted" buttons after holding our noses and choosing between 2 despicable candidates. Giving credit to God or saying Trump is God's anointed and God wanted him to be POTUS is sickening.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:56 AM

19,797 posts, read 9,331,249 times
Well, Trump has done it. He has finally driven (at least) one of his staffers insane.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:00 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Well, Trump has done it. He has finally driven (at least) one of his staffers insane.
........it was a short drive.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:00 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
She ain't entirely wrong... Trump's rise to power was God's giant 'smirk' at the Illiberal Left!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies