Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2019, 08:52 PM

104 posts, read 84,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I somehow had a feeling that would be a problem.

Sorta my point.
I have the right to marry, as a gay woman. I just need to get divorced first. Then I can do it.
Yes here in California but if not, I can move.
No way will I take 2 FRICKEN million dollars from a small county full of poor folks because of some, one time, interaction of being denied a marriage license.
Heck I wouldn't even do that if they had denied me and my own husband. I'd get my butt in the car and drive.
Just like we did when we married in Reno.
It was too expensive here, in Calif, for two young people still in College.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 08:56 PM

104 posts, read 84,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Great news, is this supposedly Christian woman still with her same husband or is she on to her spouse #3.
Lots of people have skeletons in the closet, adultery, failed marriages, etc..what makes you define her by her former sins?

Old 02-01-2019, 05:39 AM

958 posts, read 302,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Should a gay man/woman in her position be able to refuse a license to heterosexual couple because of belief they have?
Gays believe hetero marriages are wrong?

Old 02-01-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmond1 View Post
I have the right to marry, as a gay woman. I just need to get divorced first. Then I can do it.
Yes here in California but if not, I can move.
No way will I take 2 FRICKEN million dollars from a small county full of poor folks because of some, one time, interaction of being denied a marriage license.
Heck I wouldn't even do that if they had denied me and my own husband. I'd get my butt in the car and drive.
Just like we did when we married in Reno.
It was too expensive here, in Calif, for two young people still in College.
This lawsuit was not about two gays being deprived their rights. Mrs. Davis was targeted just for the purpose of this suit. This gay couple was instructed to go to Davis' county and do this to get a result.

It's the same with the Christian baker. The leftwing powers-that-be sent a gay couple there, knowing they would be refused, in order to start a lawsuit.

Leftwingers are never honest. That's what they all have in common.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:44 AM

334 posts, read 226,065 times
Quote:
Who is the Carpenters son?
A fictitious character in some novel. I think it is in the horror genre.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Great news, is this supposedly Christian woman still with her same husband or is she on to her spouse #3.
She was a nonbeliever, non churchgoing Democrat when she had all those divorces. Now she's a Christian Republican, and her life has smoothed out.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:49 AM

334 posts, read 226,065 times
Quote:
Like I said, the innocent taxpayers of the county can fork over 2 million dollars. Who cares if it is Kentucky where the poor barely make ends meet. Take food from the innocent elderly folks and babies. Let em have it in the gut!! Who cares if taxes are raised and they are evicted.

Because for Goodness sakes, we wouldn't want these GAYS to have to drive to another county!
hmm, Did I miss where $225K suddenly morphed into 2 million?

Old 02-01-2019, 06:16 AM

57,073 posts, read 26,036,019 times
Quote:
Lots of people have skeletons in the closet, adultery, failed marriages, etc..what makes you define her by her former sins?
Very true but what gave her the right to judge others, if I had her background I would not be criticizing other peoples lifestyles particularly since it didn't impact her life one bit.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:22 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,926,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Gays believe hetero marriages are wrong?

Perhaps they do, that's not the point and you are trying to avoid answering the question.

If that does work for you here in PA the law outlines that the AG will defend the laws of the state of PA. When these marriage laws were being stricken down the AG based on personal beliefs refused to carry out the duties of her office and defend PA's law. She also did the same thing with gun law. She like Davis does get to dictate the law and should of been removed from office because of that.

If you are an official of the government required to perform services for the population your political or religious beliefs are irrelevant when carrying out those duties.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If you are an official of the government required to perform services for the population your political or religious beliefs are irrelevant when carrying out those duties.
If only Eichmann's lieutenants at Auschwitz had not followed what you just said. Do you people hear yourselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies