Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 08:27 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Around the time the air became cleaner, water became cleaner, whales and seals came off the endangered species list.

That's when environmentalists began targeting global warming exclusively.

Millions of birds killed by rotors every year, including vultures, eagles, and hawks on the endangered species list. Dead silence by Greenpeace.

You or I kill one of those birds and we go to ClubFED with a hefty fine, even if by accident. Those wind farms are exempted - thank Obama.

Japan is now starting to hunt whales again as of 2016. Dead silence by Greenpeace.

Environmentalists used to fight against offroaders and even campers because they trampled foliage. Now they're pro-illegal immigrant activists and are dead silent about how they are destroying protected lands on our border.

Urban pollution is the worst it has ever been. With homelessness out of control, the sewage, waste, and stench in many cities is overwhelming the system. Greenpeace? Dead silence.

Question:

How do we heat our homes in the middle of a snowstorm with green energy (solar, wind turbines, heat exchangers)? We don't, we freeze.

That's probably the ideal result for some of these extremists, many who want 1B or less total world population.

Environmentalists used to have a righteous cause, now they're just political hacks for cash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Funny, I'm getting two different readings on your post: Your headline seems anti-liberal, but your text seems pro-liberal.

Yes, I believe liberals care about the environment. Yes, it should not be a liberal cause, but be everyone's cause.
Then so do conservatives, stop making it seem black and white
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 04:41 AM

2,486 posts, read 824,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Around the time the air became cleaner, water became cleaner, whales and seals came off the endangered species list.

That's when environmentalists began targeting global warming exclusively.

Millions of birds killed by rotors every year, including vultures, eagles, and hawks on the endangered species list. Dead silence by Greenpeace.

You or I kill one of those birds and we go to ClubFED with a hefty fine, even if by accident. Those wind farms are exempted - thank Obama.

Japan is now starting to hunt whales again as of 2016. Dead silence by Greenpeace.

Environmentalists used to fight against offroaders and even campers because they trampled foliage. Now they're pro-illegal immigrant activists and are dead silent about how they are destroying protected lands on our border.

Urban pollution is the worst it has ever been. With homelessness out of control, the sewage, waste, and stench in many cities is overwhelming the system. Greenpeace? Dead silence.

Question:

How do we heat our homes in the middle of a snowstorm with green energy (solar, wind turbines, heat exchangers)? We don't, we freeze.

That's probably the ideal result for some of these extremists, many who want 1B or less total world population.

Environmentalists used to have a righteous cause, now they're just political hacks for cash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Thank you! I have never seen a more mind blowing post than this

Mind-blowing is how the left has been dragged into such a mindless pc of universal crap, that they are making the case against themselves - yet are totally oblivious to this fact.

They are nothing more than the borg of witless idiots. Common sense is completely lost on them.

I pity these fools.

Old 02-02-2019, 04:53 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I believe that Liberals do care about the environment... when it suits them..
Aka re-election time aka to pander up support from hippies and vegans

DC politicians will get paid their 6 figures whether they “solve” global warning or not. So ofocurse they need to create and fabricate unsolvable problems while they cash those massive paychecks.

If I’m running for senate, I would pretend to care about the environment too, anything to get idiots to vote for me so I can pay off my gas guzzling SUV car note and enjoy my leased private jet from tax payer money.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:34 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
Climate change doesn't care what anyone believes. It is happening all around us. Our media fails to report climate change throughout the world, but it is now rearing its head on north America. Many people think that climate change is an inconvientant weather condition that will pass. They fail to realize the effect on crops. Coming soon to a neighborhood near you will be empty bins in grocery stores and rising prices on what stock they do have. BTW, those crops also feed farm animals. The last decade has been hotter that ever before with each year hotter than the one before. The hottest was 2018 and 2019 promises to be worse. This is about to happen when our electrical grid is greatly overtaxed and on the brink of a catastrophic failure. We will see droughts in some areas while other areas are doused with massive amounts of rain. Hurricanes are getting larger and more devastating with each year. One can simply deny climate change and dismiss bad news as "fake news," regardless, nothing will change the effects.

The threat is real and it has no political affiliation.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Climate change doesn't care what anyone believes. It is happening all around us. Our media fails to report climate change throughout the world, but it is now rearing its head on north America. Many people think that climate change is an inconvientant weather condition that will pass. They fail to realize the effect on crops. Coming soon to a neighborhood near you will be empty bins in grocery stores and rising prices on what stock they do have. BTW, those crops also feed farm animals. The last decade has been hotter that ever before with each year hotter than the one before. The hottest was 2018 and 2019 promises to be worse. This is about to happen when our electrical grid is greatly overtaxed and on the brink of a catastrophic failure. We will see droughts in some areas while other areas are doused with massive amounts of rain. Hurricanes are getting larger and more devastating with each year. One can simply deny climate change and dismiss bad news as "fake news," regardless, nothing will change the effects.

The threat is real and it has no political affiliation.
So would you say the politicization hurt the cause and if so how do we stop the politicization at all costs?

Old 02-02-2019, 01:01 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
So would you say the politicization hurt the cause and if so how do we stop the politicization at all costs?
You can't stop the politicization because to deal with it requires cost and coordination at a high level, and conservatives are always suspicious and opposed to anything like that.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:17 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
I never understood how saving the enviroment was a liberal cause, just seems way too contradictory and plus enviromental issues are the easiest to exploit for profit

I used to think that rural areas were in fact better for the enviroment, but where the hell do you think most of that fertilizer comes from? Also, not to mention well water has a lot of cancer and Parkinson's-causing chemicals

The only place in environmental issues that I can think off where both the right and the left have common ground would be taxing the poor to death, especially the left
No. They don't. Want proof, come here to Palm Beach county and look at all of the commissioners party affiliations that voted to approve 3 massive housing development to be located right in the heart of Florida's Wildlife Wetlands restoration projects. The people who live in those areas long ago formed a pact to keep subdivision to no less than 5 acre increments in one area, and 1 and 1/4 acre increment in another area. Efforts to keep the area rural. But 5 commissioners from surrounding areas voted against the residents and approved of three sites, each to house 6500-3500 homes, to be built in the Florida Acreage and Loxahatchee area. These commissioners are all democrats, and all they kept on saying was that the revenue would be good for the area, and the changing of the demographics is welcomed. Basically, they plan on injecting thousands of democrat voters in these areas with the help of section 8 housing and HUD. One of the sites already has an 800 apartment highrise for low income residents being built. And mind you, this is an area that is very rural where people own horses, cattle and other livestock.

You would think that if liberals cared so much about the environment, they wouldn't have approved of these huge massive projects that are going to draining resources from the Florida's Everglades. But who cares about the environment when they are going to be raking in billions in property taxes, and paving the way for mass migration of democrat voters who will be even more strain on the working class and the environment.

And the developers who are paying off these democrats to approve of this environmentally killing project just happen to be liberals from Canada called The Minto Corp. Look into something called Minto West if you don't believe what I am saying.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
actually a lot of republicans support renewable or alt energy...

the real question is why haven't the lying liberals, who lie about being supportive of alt energy, why they haven't put one plan forward

obozo had his unstimulating stimulus bill that didn't stimulate anything, but wasted a trillion dollars

if Obama, or any other liberal OR conservative had been smart, they would have looked at a real stimulus

in 2008/09 when we spent 1.5 trillion on 'saving' faled companies and not so shovel ready jobs, we could have put a solar electrical system on each and every single family house. thus eliminating the need for residential electric companies ...making EVERY house part of the electric grid

if the stupid liberals actually wanted to, they could have done it back in 2008/9/10

solar has come a long way, and is quite efficient now, ((still has a long way to go, especially in the 'shelf life' of panels and batteries)))

did you know the DoD (military) has come up with a paintable solar...ie solar in a spray can... a can of spray paint (looks more like undercoating) and you can produce some energy.... still in the works, but looks good
http://www.nsf.gov/news/special_repo...rayonsolar.jsp

wind is the one that is NOT efficient and actually costs more to produce

I wish the liberals instead of spending 1.5 trillion on an unstimulating stimulus, and bailing out failed companies, would have said..lets spend that trillion+ dollars and put a solar electrical system on each and every single family home...this would have saved the average American home owner 200-500 dollars MONTHLY and would have eliminated the need for ''residential electric utility companies" and would have lowered our need of coal/fossil fuel for home energy.......once that program was complete, then look to expand to commercial properties .... this would have truly been a '''shovel ready''' job and put millions of construction contractors to work during the recession....... but alas the liberals aren't really interested in saving the economy or taking care of the middleclass...all the liberals are interested in doing, is lying to the people and lining their pockets.

imagine if our liberals(who say they are for the environment ) had been smart enough to actually use that idea...every home in America would now be part of the energy grip producing energy...every home in America would be free of the municipal utility bills hitting them for 200/300/500+ a month for electric

not one politician (from either party) made even a remotely similar suggestion, yet the liberals lie and say they are for the environment

conservatives are quite solar positive ...yet not one liberal in Obama's admin ever proposed evn close to MY idea

https://www.greentechmedia.com/artic...lar#gs.dqqiVhc

A Young Conservative Helps Cover Red States with Solar Panels | Young Conservatives for Energy Reform

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f1d83d72d1fd

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...nels-far-right

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...0O00BT20150515

https://www.businessinsider.com/a-co...-power-2012-10

https://cresforum.org/2018/03/paneli...well-underway/
I love that idea. Now this is something I can get behind. I would rather see our tax money go to actually buying people all across the country their own homes that are energy efficient, instead of using some BS section 8 voucher that just makes sure the rich get richer, and the poor get nothing of value in the end. I also think when someone owns a home, it gives that person a sense of value and being part of a real community.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You can't stop the politicization because to deal with it requires cost and coordination at a high level, and conservatives are always suspicious and opposed to anything like that.
Again where's your proof about conservatives? Last time I checked most were against corporatism and corporations are just as bad as industry for the enviroment?

Old 02-02-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
If liberals are up for the enviroment, why do they support bigger government?
I also find it interesting that when liberals control an area, their regulations and taxes in that area force the cost of living to be so expensive that the middle class that don't qualify for welfare have no choice but to move out of the city to the suburbs so they can have somewhat a decent quality of life. It's why in liberal run cities, you have only the rich who can afford to live there, or the poor who can take advantage of the welfare programs, but you don't see too many middle class people unless they are like the people in Friends who live bunched up in a tiny apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies