Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 08:28 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Correct.

There is also research that indicates that recycling is, overall, a net negative in terms of energy consumption. People love recycling because it requires little to nothing from them and they get to feel like they're actually doing something. But now ask them to forego building their five-bedroom home in the country (for their family of three), and see the reaction.
Also correct. Recycling is an industrial process, which with many products uses more energy. Moreover, it is a fallacy that landfills are full, as innovation has led to more space in many landfills. Recycling allows sheeple to feel good about themselves.

Yes, liberals like to move into a pristine area here in Colorado and build a 5,000 to 10,000 sq foot house, using immense amounts of water and power while bulldozing large areas and planting a lawn which requires massive amounts of water and adds nothing to nature.

Most people across the spectrum are stupid if you ask me, but liberals are particularly dug in in this department because they think picking up trash and not using a plastic bag is helping, when in fact they are heavily contributing to the problem by advocating for unlimited immigration. I am deeply disappointing in 'environmental' groups such as the Sierra Club, which has now become so politically correct, they're advocating for unlimited immigration. We cannot accept anymore people in the west!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 08:28 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Some do. I think Ed Begley does.

Leonardo Di Caprio does not

https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/ne...topaz-2368.htm

Then there was time time he moved a superyacht to brazil to watch a soccer game....

So I finally found some good math.

Here is the math for Serene. Similar size to Topaz which he uses.

Fuel Consumption: 1454 Liters/Hr 15 knots cruise = 17 miles an hour. 85 liters per mile. Or... 23 gallons per mile. * 23.6 pounds CO2 per gallon.... = 542 pounds of carbon PER MILE.

HOW many miles did he move the yacht????

Plus how much fuel do you use for generators to keep you blonde groupies cool while anchored... etc etc etc.

Last edited by ottomobeale; 01-31-2019 at 08:41 AM..

Old 01-31-2019, 08:29 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,228 times
I expect some hypocrisy from all sides, but it reaches a new level of WTF when they push nuclear energy.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:31 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
You people are twisted.

I can speak only for myself, a socially liberal, fiscally conservative middle-aged woman who drives a subcompact car, lives in a 90-year-old small home, uses public transportation to get to work, recycles and reuses, and reduces consumption whenever and wherever possible.

You're damn right I care about the environment.

What a stupid thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
What's certain is that the GOP opposes environmental protection.

Their corporate owners won't allow it.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:31 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Some do. I think Ed Begley does.

Leonardo Di Caprio does not

https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/ne...topaz-2368.htm

Then there was time time he moved a superyacht to brazil to watch a soccer game....
Who

Old 01-31-2019, 08:32 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
No. Maybe the last holdouts of the green party but they've been pretty much kicked aside in favor of other social activists. Global warming is them paying lip service to environmental issues but they ignore pollution, the impact of GMOs and companies like Monsanto and other pharmaceutical companies doing real damage to the environment. If they did try to take them on, that would cost those companies money and the left wouldn't dare bite the hand that feeds them.
But making up claims about global warming can cost the average tax payer and consumer money and they can take their money freely.
I heard the usual left wing callers on my local talk radio chime in about the cold weather saying that global warming is still real despite the cold temps. Never heard them once talk about the environment otherwise. For them its bash the GOP and Trump and defend the left.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:33 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You people are twisted.

Yeah last time I checked 10 of the most polluted cities in America are left leaning.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:36 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
I never understood how saving the enviroment was a liberal cause, just seems way too contradictory and plus enviromental issues are the easiest to exploit for profit

I used to think that rural areas were in fact better for the enviroment, but where the hell do you think most of that fertilizer comes from? Also, not to mention well water has a lot of cancer and Parkinson's-causing chemicals

The only place in environmental issues that I can think off where both the right and the left have common ground would be taxing the poor to death, especially the left
There's about 1/10th of 1% of liberals that actually care about the environment, the rest are driven for power to control the rest of us.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:37 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
What's certain is that the GOP opposes environmental protection.

Their corporate owners won't allow it.

actually a lot of republicans support renewable or alt energy...

the real question is why haven't the lying liberals, who lie about being supportive of alt energy, why they haven't put one plan forward

obozo had his unstimulating stimulus bill that didn't stimulate anything, but wasted a trillion dollars

if Obama, or any other liberal OR conservative had been smart, they would have looked at a real stimulus

in 2008/09 when we spent 1.5 trillion on 'saving' faled companies and not so shovel ready jobs, we could have put a solar electrical system on each and every single family house. thus eliminating the need for residential electric companies ...making EVERY house part of the electric grid

if the stupid liberals actually wanted to, they could have done it back in 2008/9/10

solar has come a long way, and is quite efficient now, ((still has a long way to go, especially in the 'shelf life' of panels and batteries)))

did you know the DoD (military) has come up with a paintable solar...ie solar in a spray can... a can of spray paint (looks more like undercoating) and you can produce some energy.... still in the works, but looks good
http://www.nsf.gov/news/special_repo...rayonsolar.jsp

wind is the one that is NOT efficient and actually costs more to produce

I wish the liberals instead of spending 1.5 trillion on an unstimulating stimulus, and bailing out failed companies, would have said..lets spend that trillion+ dollars and put a solar electrical system on each and every single family home...this would have saved the average American home owner 200-500 dollars MONTHLY and would have eliminated the need for ''residential electric utility companies" and would have lowered our need of coal/fossil fuel for home energy.......once that program was complete, then look to expand to commercial properties .... this would have truly been a '''shovel ready''' job and put millions of construction contractors to work during the recession....... but alas the liberals aren't really interested in saving the economy or taking care of the middleclass...all the liberals are interested in doing, is lying to the people and lining their pockets.

imagine if our liberals(who say they are for the environment ) had been smart enough to actually use that idea...every home in America would now be part of the energy grip producing energy...every home in America would be free of the municipal utility bills hitting them for 200/300/500+ a month for electric

not one politician (from either party) made even a remotely similar suggestion, yet the liberals lie and say they are for the environment

conservatives are quite solar positive ...yet not one liberal in Obama's admin ever proposed evn close to MY idea

https://www.greentechmedia.com/artic...lar#gs.dqqiVhc

A Young Conservative Helps Cover Red States with Solar Panels | Young Conservatives for Energy Reform

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f1d83d72d1fd

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...nels-far-right

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...0O00BT20150515

https://www.businessinsider.com/a-co...-power-2012-10

https://cresforum.org/2018/03/paneli...well-underway/

Old 01-31-2019, 08:42 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Do blondes like cats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies