Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2019, 06:39 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I've been doing that very thing for years. But your impenetrable politics makes it a physical impossibility for you to recognize it.
i.e.. "I'm right because I said so".

(it really has to be seen to be believed)

------------------------

It's not complicated. That drug bust was made possible by the wall there. And as much as you guys hate it, you can't dispute it, so you are left with nothing but angry ad hominem. It speaks for itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 06:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Largest illegal fentanyl bust in history - happened at a border checkpoint
That is where they usually catch them.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:41 PM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times
this is actually more of reason for the wall.....you are not real bright

Old 01-31-2019, 06:42 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

(it really has to be seen to be believed)
You just keep digging yourself in deeper.

If an objective person were to review my 2,651 posts, they would find PLENTY of substance, logic, intelligence, research, facts, links, and quotes. I can substantiate my claims at least 10X over your fluff.

And STOP calling me "you guys"! I am NOT a democrat NOR a liberal NOR anti-Trump. You're so politically driven that you can't even get THAT fact straight!

As you like to say: GTFOH!!!

Old 01-31-2019, 06:45 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Better yet, lets free up all the agents that it takes to watch unguarded portions of the border. That way, they can be on site where the drug problem is worse.
Surely you know LE is easily corruptible? Surely you know the Police, Military and guys like Ollie North were involved in smuggling or profiting off it...for the "good of themselves and the country" or the like?\

Humans are way too clever to fix such problems.

One needs to understand basic human nature. Work in retail a while and show us a system - even that of Amazon or the big guys - that can't and isn't gamed. It doesn't exist.

Take Joe or Jane border guard. Maybe they don't make much money and aren't looking forward to a generous retirement. Add in general disillusionment with government (rampant in the USA) and then they see the shutdown and all these folks (like here on C-D) saying all government employees are useless etc.

EITHER things at home are bad...or, they (like many) desire some of the good things that they see around them...nice cars, a nice house and boat, some money in the bank.

Now....send them out to cover the border. What is going to happen? Well, we don't have to even guess because we see similar things regularly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.f8ca081ce73b

Reality is a hard lesson. But, never the less, it is real. The sickness, if there is one, is in the minds of those who think they change human nature. This has been attempted for thousands of years and only one method ever worked....and it's not something we are going to do to ourselves.

I owned a retail business as well as a warehouse. One day two cops came in to buy an appliance from me. We went to the warehouse where I forklifted the heavy unit into their pickup. One guy looked at me and asked "can you load another one?" while patting his holster. Really! I didn't, tho.

But I could tell he was very experienced at this.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:50 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post

If an objective person were to review my 2,651 posts,
i.e. "I can't rebut anything you have said, but if you don't believe me, you are not objective" I love it.

Here's a tip: Topic isn't about me. It's about that drug bust. And that drug bust was made possible due to the border wall that has been built which created that check point. Case closed.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:51 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:

It's not complicated. That drug bust was made possible by the wall there. And as much as you guys hate it, you can't dispute it, so you are left with nothing but angry ad hominem. It speaks for itself.
So the object lesson is that we should keep the barriers at the ports of land entry?

Hey, I'm down with that. I think it is being done anyway....not something I need to have an opinion on. I really doubt that they will allow the American consumer interests to build a highway right next to the POE so the trucks can bypass the toll booths. So it's all done and finished and I will allow them to fix, maintain and improve them.

Along with that I support patching the roofs on government buildings when the shingles blow off. Can we discuss that?

Old 01-31-2019, 06:52 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You waste it on dope. But all Trump has to do is use aid money to Mexico and tax the crap out of money wired to Mexico and presto, Mexico pays for the wall.

That's not Mexico paying for the wall, it's stealing money that could be used for other things and pretending it's Mexico paying for the wall.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:53 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
That's not Mexico paying for the wall, it's stealing money that could be used for other things and pretending it's Mexico paying for the wall.
What other things? More welfare?

Old 01-31-2019, 06:53 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
i.e. "I can't rebut anything you have said, but if you don't believe me, you are not objective" I love it.

Here's a tip: Topic isn't about me. It's about that drug bust. And that drug bust was made possible due to the border wall that has been built which created that check point. Case closed.

2 milligrams of Fentanyl is considered a lethal dose, how many drones will it take to meet demand? And no silly wall's gonna stop them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies