Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 07:46 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
The farmers had work before Trump.
It was Trump’s actions that caused them to lose sales hence the need for (more) subsidies.
Now we’re supposed to applaud him fixing another problem he created?

Will this one-time sale make up for the losses they’ve already experienced?

Again, he and his supporters want to give him credit for putting out a fire that he started.

And they wonder why no one cares.

Just like bad tasting medicine when you are sick.
It affects everyone differently but in the end everybody feels better.

Our country has been sick for over 20 years as a result of Chinese trade policies.
The president Imposed tariffs and it hurt many; some more than others.
In the end everybody will feel much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 07:52 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Just like bad tasting medicine when you are sick.
It affects everyone differently but in the end everybody feels better.

Our country has been sick for over 20 years as a result of Chinese trade policies.
The president Imposed tariffs and it hurt many; some more than others.
In the end everybody will feel much better.
You’re assuming that everybody survives the treatment.
Every rational person knows that many don’t.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:26 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Good question !!! Maybe thats the money Trump can divert to build the wall.
It's not his money. It is the taxpayers'. They're going to need it for all the budget-busting Secret Service people and overtime that the Kushners and Trumps cost us every time they go to Aspen, Europe, the Caribbean...or when Melania needs a spa day in NYC or beach time in Florida.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:29 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
I live in NYC.

My taxes are paying for those that do not contribute
to society thanks to our State run Democratic Leaders.
President Donald Trump would do a better job than
"The Billy and Andy Show" !
I remember when Newt Gingrich called NY a drain on taxpayers...until it was found that his Congressional district was draining nearly twice as much as NY per capita.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:55 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Your attempt to change the argument and strike down the content of the message is futile.
The president is creating work for farmers something that the far left is not used to.......................
This is why is hard to take some people seriously. The president put tariffs in place which caused China to retaliate by putting a 25% tarrif on our soybeans, this had the effect of severely reducing the export o soybeans, this is a yearly number of about 35 million tons of soybean a year. Now in the course of renegotiating trade with China, China agreed to a 1 time purchase of 4 million tons soybeans, a number that barely makes up for the fact that for example in November 2018 the export of soybeans was 0.
Your expectation is that people give him credit for this development, you understand that is a net loss. I am not saying that there is a scenario where things improve, personally I think its unlikely, I have enough self awareness to understand that this assessment maybe tainted by my intense dislike of Trump, the fact hat i think he possesses most of the worst traits possible in a human being. You should also have enough self introspection to realize that this is not the right time to give him a high five as nothing has been improved.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:48 AM

17,775 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Doesn’t seem like anything has actually been agreed to.
To be fair, I heard Trump admit this on the radio news on one of those leftist MSM news radio stations that didn't cover it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies