Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2019, 07:52 PM

652 posts, read 340,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
DEFINE A DEMOCRAT?

Democrats believe that cooperation is better than conflict, unity is better than division, empowerment is better than resentment, and bridges are better than walls.

Democrats have pretty basic beliefs: Out of many, we are one; and we are stronger together.

Democrats believe we are stronger as a nation when we have an economy that works for everyone—an economy that grows incomes for working people, creates good-paying jobs, and puts a middle-class life within reach for more Americans.

Democrats know that our nation’s long struggle with race is far from over.

Democrats believe a good education is a basic right of all Americans, no matter what zip code they live in.

Democrats believe in guaranteeing equal pay for women.

Democrats believe we are stronger when we protect citizens’ right to vote, while stopping corporations’ outsized influence in elections.

Democrats believe that climate change poses a real and urgent threat to our economy, our national security, and our children’s health and futures, and that Americans deserve the jobs and security that come from becoming the clean energy superpower of the 21st century.

Democrats believe we are stronger and safer when America brings the world together and leads with principle and purpose. We believe we should strengthen our alliances, not weaken them. We believe in the power of development and diplomacy.

Democrats are the party of inclusion. We know that diversity is not our problem—it is our promise.

Democrats are proud of our heritage as a nation of immigrants. We know that today’s immigrants are tomorrow’s teachers, doctors, lawyers, government leaders, soldiers, entrepreneurs, activists, PTA members, and pillars of our communities.

Democrats believe in protecting civil liberties and guaranteeing civil rights and voting rights, women’s rights and workers’ rights, LGBT rights, and rights for people with disabilities. We believe America is still, as Robert Kennedy said, “a great country, an unselfish country, and a compassionate country.”

Dear OP. Asked and answered.

Damn, I cannot stop laughing!!! Thanks for the levity. You should write for SNL!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 07:57 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
A deflecting question would be "So, how can we dishonesty define American Democrats?"

Old 02-01-2019, 07:58 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
But I thought being a victim was worthy, I am confused
And here we see why no discussion is possible with the right.

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Team Blue: authoritarians with different pet causes than Team Red...the other authoritarian outfit.

What do I win?

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
I am having a difficult time assimilating in my mind what has happened to this part of America. The current ideology of liberals appear more and more to be anti everything that is good, moral, honest and beautiful. Anyone else feel this way?
Democraps are the Communist Party of America.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:00 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
DEFINE A DEMOCRAT?

Democrats believe that cooperation is better than conflict, unity is better than division, empowerment is better than resentment, and bridges are better than walls.

Democrats have pretty basic beliefs: Out of many, we are one; and we are stronger together.

Democrats believe we are stronger as a nation when we have an economy that works for everyone—an economy that grows incomes for working people, creates good-paying jobs, and puts a middle-class life within reach for more Americans.

Democrats know that our nation’s long struggle with race is far from over.

Democrats believe a good education is a basic right of all Americans, no matter what zip code they live in.

Democrats believe in guaranteeing equal pay for women.

Democrats believe we are stronger when we protect citizens’ right to vote, while stopping corporations’ outsized influence in elections.

Democrats believe that climate change poses a real and urgent threat to our economy, our national security, and our children’s health and futures, and that Americans deserve the jobs and security that come from becoming the clean energy superpower of the 21st century.

Democrats believe we are stronger and safer when America brings the world together and leads with principle and purpose. We believe we should strengthen our alliances, not weaken them. We believe in the power of development and diplomacy.

Democrats are the party of inclusion. We know that diversity is not our problem—it is our promise.

Democrats are proud of our heritage as a nation of immigrants. We know that today’s immigrants are tomorrow’s teachers, doctors, lawyers, government leaders, soldiers, entrepreneurs, activists, PTA members, and pillars of our communities.

Democrats believe in protecting civil liberties and guaranteeing civil rights and voting rights, women’s rights and workers’ rights, LGBT rights, and rights for people with disabilities. We believe America is still, as Robert Kennedy said, “a great country, an unselfish country, and a compassionate country.”

Dear OP. Asked and answered.

How much did the DNC pay you to write this horse manure?

Old 02-01-2019, 08:13 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
You mean that people should have the freedom to practice their faith but that the state shouldn't force right-wing Christianity on people? That women should have equal opportunity in the workplace? That institutionalized racism is a problem and its a problem that needs to be solved? If that is Marxism (it's not), sign me up!
One facetious quip deserves another

'Fraid that's NOT Marxism, bawac. To Karl Marx, the "Father of Communism", history was exclusively about economics. Everything else was secondary (i.e. ethnicity, religion, civil liberties struggles, nationalism, even LGBT issues [at least to what little extent they existed back in the 19th century]). Even history itself was just about economics - more particularly about the nobility, and later the "bourgeoise" exploiting the proletariat. I don't agree with Marx's interpretation of what history's about, but I'm just stating what his was without me agreeing with him.*

So sorry to disappoint, bawac. But if the issue has nothing to do with "Who ought to own the means of production - government or private groups or individuals?", then it's not about Marxism.

*The very fact that I have to bring this up at all says a lot about the frank nonsense about what is or is not Marxist. I even started a whole threat about Communism many months ago, and some people even then took away from it that I supported Marxism, Communism, or whatever you call it. More broadly, an explanation without rancor does not equal the speaker justifying it.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:20 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
And here we see why no discussion is possible with the right.
Again, where did I say I am a conservative?

Old 02-01-2019, 08:25 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Bad mouthing others is not way to be respected.

Care to try to answer the question about ow someone disagreeing with anothers posts is forcing anything on them and will make them no longer reproduce?
Where did I advocate for bad mouthing?

Fine then you are really good misinterpreting my post's intent, but I will go full load

My question is how can you say you care about MINORITIES and advocate for LGBT culture at the same time? Already are blacks getting a bash for being the lowest supporters of gay marriage

Also feminism, how can you say you care about minorities and support an ideology that destroys the family unit AND DISEMPOWERS positive father figures? At the end of the day both ideologies are now a bigger threat than white supremacy is in this day and age to minority communities

Also, if homosexuality was the norm all life on Earth would have been DEAD by now

I mean go ahead encourage homosexuality in minority communities all you want, US-born people of any race are being replaced with undocumented immigrants at the end of the day anyways. I mean prioritizing Americans as a whole now is offensive, what isn't offensive anymore

Old 02-01-2019, 08:28 PM

672 posts, read 256,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That - doesn't make sense at all.
Nothing that these morons post here make any god damned sense at all. A lot of villages are missing their idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies