Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 02:13 PM

51,587 posts, read 25,515,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
there really should be no such law. You own it, you decide.
Businesses should be allowed to discriminate same as you do.
Used to be that way. "No Colored People Allowed" and so forth.

Things have changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 02:18 PM

41,737 posts, read 74,703,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't understand business owners who refuse to do business with people solely because they don't agree with them. It makes no sense to me. A better aproach would be a sign up front asking patrons to remove hats upon entering the establishment. (All hats, not just MAGA hats.)
Exactly. Ask everyone to remove their hats while inside the establishment. It's just good manners.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:20 PM

1,768 posts, read 562,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
This is false. They refuses to sell a cake for a gay marriage event. Presumably they would have done the same if it was a heterosexual wanting them to make a cake for a gay event. Presumably, if it was a gay person wanting to buy a wedding cake for a heterosexual ceremony, they would have sold it. Their rejection was aimed at the event not the person buying it, or so was their defense. You obviously don't understand this, so should not be commenting on it.
They refused to sell a wedding cake to a gay couple. They sell wedding cakes to heterosexual couples. Their refusal to sell a wedding cake to the gay couple was solely based on the fact that they were gay.

Your presumablies don't make sense unless the cake shop requires you to declare what you intend to do with their baked goods after you leave the store, or requires you to declare your sexuality at time of purchase.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:21 PM

2,362 posts, read 767,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
They refused to sell a wedding cake to a gay couple. They sell wedding cakes to heterosexual couples. Their refusal to sell a wedding cake to the gay couple was solely based on the fact that they were gay.
This is false. Go read their defense. Or if nuance is too much for you, avoid talking about things that require more than two brain cells.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:24 PM

11,906 posts, read 5,534,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Political discrimination is apparently legal. People(Trump supporters) have been kicked out of their homes, and it was applauded on this forum.
Can you provide evidence for this claim, that Trump supporters have been kicked out of their own homes for their politics? If that's not quite exactly what you meant, here's your opportunity to clarify.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:34 PM

1,768 posts, read 562,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
This is false. Go read their defense. Or if nuance is too much for you, avoid talking about things that require more than two brain cells.
I have no idea why you are so insistent on personally insulting me. It's super weird but whatever floats your boat.

If you are correct though, then the baker situation is even less analogous to this incident.

You do at least acknowledge that Trump supporters or people wearing red hats are not members of constitutionally protected class, right?

Old 02-01-2019, 02:39 PM

2,362 posts, read 767,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
I have no idea why you are so insistent on personally insulting me. It's super weird but whatever floats your boat.
I corrected you the first time, nicely. The second time, I can only conclude you're being dishonest or lack the intelligence to follow the conversation. Sorry, my patience is next to zero.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:45 PM

18,512 posts, read 7,264,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Political discrimination is apparently legal.
Maybe, maybe not. The chef in this case is doing it as a matter of race discrimination.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:45 PM

3,286 posts, read 1,919,231 times
Walk in. Order and consume gigantic meal. When the bill arrives put on maga hat.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:49 PM

8,392 posts, read 4,440,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Interesting, it was not that long ago that the left was saying that restaurants cannot refuse to serve anyone. The people full of hate continues to be the left.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...s-wearing-maga

I guess if he cites that it is against his religion, the right will have absolutely no problem with denying service to some members of the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies