Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 08:27 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I don't know what kind of school you taught at. That doesn't fly here.

The class president of my son's class is a huge outspoken trump fan. When kids did the walkout in support of Parkland students, there were a bunch of kids in MAGA hats laughing at them. Some of these kids are in NHS.

Did you read the kid's history with disciplinary actions? He sounds like an entitled brat spoiling for a fight. A provocateur. Call it what you like.
Let's be real my friend. NYC and LI values are slightly different from the rest of the country. I mean - you are talking about a place where people tend to be more brash.

I'd say that's the exception rather than the rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 09:07 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, I mean - by any objective measure, support for an idiot in the WH does not indicate high intelligence or honor. That's not political. That's a basic test to see whether one can reason and see facts.

For example, Trump speaks at a 3rd or 4th grade level. A student who wrote an essay for National or other tests at the level surely wouldn't get anywhere near an Honor Society. That is measurable.

This kid should have learned to keep his mouth shut and to actually measure the intelligence of the POTUS by his words. Communication is a window into intelligence.

You automatically dismiss the kid's GPA (actual PROOF of his intelligence and measureable) but accuse him of not having high intelligence or honor because of his support of President Trump. I bet you think this kid doesn't deserve to be in the NHS based on this support alone. If so, then it absolutely is political.

You saying a kid should keep his mouth shut is a pathetic attempt at stifling someone's right to speak just because you don't agree with their politics. It's people like you who are dividing this country further. This kid could very well be nothing but a whiner, but he still has every right to speak and not keep his mouth shut as you want him to.

Do you think Armed Services members who support President Trump lack "intelligence and honor"?

Communication is also the tool of many bull**** artists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies