Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 08:05 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I am having a difficult time assimilating in my mind what has happened to this part of America. The current ideology of conservatives appears more and more to be anti everything that is good, moral, honest and beautiful. Anyone else feel this way?
Indeed.

But there are still some normal people who are conservatives, but they are disparaged by the trumpers and ignored by everyone else...

The Trumpy people are mostly those who have failed in life and need someone to blame. They did not become wealthy or powerful or respected, and they want to blame non whites, global conspiracy, liberals and pretty much anyone who does not agree with them.

What angers them is that everyone else seems to be doing so well, they see brown people arrive, work hard and buy a house nicer than theirs... They see liberals with fancy homes, flash cars and fat bank accounts and it kills them.

This they tell themselves they were cheated and that everyone else is bad... That is why they love Trump because Trump tells them they are right.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 08:29 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,327,268 times
Quote:
[Conservatives] think supporting Trump will save them. The world will move on without them as slowly dwindle away.
Conservatives, as defined by the mindset of the Reagan/Goldwater mainstream, are a vanishing species; the end of the Cold War bought an end to the "Red Menace", (but not, unfortunately, the bloated Defense Establishment).

And the vaunted "Peace Dividend" never materialized -- in no small part because, as author-naturalist Walter Teller observed nearly sixty years ago, a wartime economy provides, for those not actually engaged in fighting, a better, more-stimulating, more-respected variety of jobs.

Because the unfortunate fact is that once most people get a full belly and a warm, dry place to sleep, the rest of their wants usually involve an increasing amount of someone else's time, attention, and subjugation.

Back in the Stone Age Sixties, a classmate in my freshman English course observed of these roles that "No one raises his son to be one, or his daughter to marry one"; the emancipation of women simply doubled the pressures.

Class-conscious, stratified Europe, still hiding its dirty laundry from the side effects of the fall of Nazism, has been wrestling with this issue for a couple of decades now; its "guest workers", many of them Muslim, originate in Africa and the Middle East. North America's come mostly from Latin America. but the self-proclaimed faux-"liberal" elite would like nothing better than to see them drawn from the rural regions devastated by de-industrialization -- especially if they fell for the non-conservatism of Donald Trump, Mike Pence and Co.

In fairness, the picture probably isn't quite that bleak; a post-industrial society still offers plenty of not-too-demanding jobs for those who put in some effort, understand their own needs and priorities well, and choose their career paths carefully. And an increasingly-generous "safety net" is, for now, policed in such a manner that most of us can find a way out of the "nightmare scenario" as we individually define it. But the problem of finding people to staff the "output" side of nursing homes, mental institutions jails and the like seems certain to intensify.

So the challenge, as this poster sees it, is to prevent then stratification and class-consciousness which plagues European societies from taking further root in North America -- something the [i]faux[/I -"progressive" elitists seem to embrace, and wouldn't mind seeing come to pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
I'd rather strap a nuke to my self and destroy the world before "adapting" or "accepting" this cultural marxist disease that's destroying my country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I'm just glad to know that you won't be getting your way. Conservatives are a dying ideology. Oh there will always be some but not in the numbers of years past. The world is in constant change and will always move forward. Too bad you people can't accept that.
Thanks to both of you, Exhibits 'A' and 'B'. Because events in "civilized" Europe continue to demonstrate that things can get pretty ugly once a convenient scapegoat is identified.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 02-02-2019 at 09:20 PM..

Old 02-02-2019, 08:37 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,394,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Indeed.

But there are still some normal people who are conservatives, but they are disparaged by the trumpers and ignored by everyone else...

The Trumpy people are mostly those who have failed in life and need someone to blame. They did not become wealthy or powerful or respected, and they want to blame non whites, global conspiracy, liberals and pretty much anyone who does not agree with them.

What angers them is that everyone else seems to be doing so well, they see brown people arrive, work hard and buy a house nicer than theirs... They see liberals with fancy homes, flash cars and fat bank accounts and it kills them.

This they tell themselves they were cheated and that everyone else is bad... That is why they love Trump because Trump tells them they are right.....
Trump won a majority of college educated white people.

You are a perfect example of a partisan Democrat.

Casual and baseless accusation of racism lobbed at people you don't know because they don't vote the way you do. Then you assume they are poor. You've have set up where if a person doesn't vote for Democrats, they must be racist or some kind of poor redneck.

Your party for the last two years has tried to blame Hillary losing the election on this crazy conspiracy that Trump worked in cahoots with Putin to steal it. But now you are trying to say Trump voters have a global conspiracy theory?

Do you not realize that most poor people vote for the Democratic party?

Old 02-02-2019, 08:37 PM

33,324 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
1. Texas will not do E-Verify for employers - it has been brought to the floor there MANY times and the "conservatives" in their Government (one party, basically) refuse to do so.

2. You cannot say with a straight face "The Democrats FORCED us to do a 1.5 Trillion dollar tax cut that was not needed...out of debt and deficits". You also cannot say "The Democrats forced a 100% Republican controlled government to double the deficit that Obama was shrinking...and to make it that way for all projected years in the future".

You must know that doesn't compute.

"so in order to fix the discrepancies we are forced to try to outgrow them which is why growth has been the key objective of the Trump administration."

Any business person knows that when you are losing money on each sale, you can't make it up in volume. In fact, the complete opposite is true.
Republicans didn't have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:40 PM

230 posts, read 94,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
They see the world passing them by and they can’t or won’t adapt.
I'd rather strap a nuke to my self and destroy the world before "adapting" or "accepting" this cultural marxist disease that's destroying my country.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:52 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
I'm just glad to know that you won't be getting your way. Conservatives are a dying ideology. Oh there will always be some but not in the numbers of years past. The world is in constant change and will always move forward. Too bad you people can't accept that.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:55 PM

230 posts, read 94,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I am not a conservative,not even close. I despise conservatives,they have done NOTHING to conserve ANYTHING other than their money,they don't give a crap about anything BUT their money. I care about MUCH more important things than that,I can get my way its not hard especially with the kind of chaos an America that will come once things collapse. It isn't my first choice,that would be to escape to a country that understands,values and preserves its culture,history and society which American's obviously either can't do or won't do.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:57 PM

I am a conservative and I care about things other than money.

It is kind of weird the party of abortion tries to make itself out as some kind of progressive force. Abortion is caveman stuff.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:57 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Thoughts and prayers to all of you who weren't smart or aware enough to recognize the OP's motivation in creating this thread. Bless your hearts.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I am having a difficult time assimilating in my mind what has happened to this part of America. The current ideology of conservatives appears more and more to be anti everything that is good, moral, honest and beautiful. Anyone else feel this way?
So if we are against everything that is good, moral, honest and beautiful, how do you explain our pro life stance?

Aren't babies good and beautiful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies