Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 11:29 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,412,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Sorry, Pelosi is a senile incompetent old hag propped up by the Marxist media. Trump will get his wall. Democrats will get egg on their faces. I guarantee it.

And it will cost $50+ Billion in the end, when added all the security needed. But like in Trump's past, he wont be able to default. WE will be stuck with the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 12:26 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And when Trump orders the military to build Pelosi will become more incoherent and do.......what?
He can order the military to build walls all day long if that's what he wants to do. Doesn't mean they are going to actually be built though. It's funny that you guys don't see the issues that would raise.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:35 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Better be prepared to pay more for everything from food to housing though, and those billions of dollars lost from what the illegals contribute to our economy as well. Not everything is all good nor all bad unless you see illegals through that myopic hornet hate mentality. Swat that wasp and make it a win win through better regulation and legislation.
This is exactly why I've always known that the wall is nothing more than a gristle covered bone that Trump threw out so his low information voter base had something to rally around. The powers that be will never do anything to prevent the flow of immigrants across the southern border. Oh I'm sure they'll deport a few here and there and put it all over the news from time to time to placate the rubes but it won't change in any significant way. That's why this wall, the way Trump promoted it, will never be built.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:40 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,161,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Yeah, this is how I felt, that he'd never been in a situation where he could actually be bested by a woman.

Nancy Pelosi, a Woman in Control, Is a Rival Who Flummoxes Trump
By Sheryl Stolberg

Mr. Trump has never before faced an adversary like Speaker Nancy Pelosi...

Longtime friends of the president say Mr. Trump is not afraid of powerful women, respects them and has empowered them at the White House and in his business. But on the rare occasion when he was challenged by a woman, Mr. Trump was either in charge — or knew the woman had a boss, usually a man, to whom he could appeal...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/24/u...ald-trump.html

Pelosi has the intellect of a very rich speed bump........along with the rest of the DEMS and the Media they have one aim since Trump announced, and that is to utterly destroy him and his family, collateral damage would be the country. They don't care about either one.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:23 PM

22,445 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Yes, I am an American citizen. My grandparents are from Ireland and Italy. Hard working immigrants.

I respect the office of the President and Commander and chief; not the bozo that is making a mockery of that office and our country. There are some men and women that are qualified for the office; trump was never qualified and it is showing, horribly.

When people aspire and decide to run for this high office, all their skeletons need to be cleaned out of their closets. Trump is corrupt and I will say it again, a bigot.

Thanks for the newsflash. Lots of people need to leave and I think trump should definitely leave. Go somewhere else and we can MAGA.
Prove that Trump is a "bigot". Oh...wait! I know why you think he is a "bigot"! It's because he wants barriers on our southern border. And you think that every illegal who sneaks into this country at the southern border are all Hispanics. They're not all Hispanics.

And, yes, since you are an American, Trump is your president. Don't like it? Renounce your US citizenship and find another country more to your liking. Why should Trump leave? Just because you say so?

Wow! TDS runs really deep in some

Much as I strongly disliked Obama, I never said he wasn't my president. Obviously, I didn't vote for him but I fully accepted the fact that he was my president.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:37 PM

22,445 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
This ^^^^ is the point that a lot of Trumpees are missing. WE WANT BORDER SECURITY, we do NOT, as some people claim, want open borders. Where we differ is the best and most cost effective way to do it.

Their claim that we do not care about security is pure BS, we live here too, and we don't want the wrong people coming in. But, we also realize that the vast majority of those wanting to come here are honest, hard working people who simply want the same chances at life that we do. THOSE are the people we want to make part of this great country.

Another fallacy, propagated by the Right, is that these people come in and mooch off of the rest of us, or they take our jobs. That really demonstrates how little they understand about supply and demand, or economics. The people coming in take jobs happily that most of us would never consider, plus, they are consumers, who rent homes, buy food and other goods, and who spend money in a lot of different ways.

We know the reasons a lot of people hate these immigrants, and it has more to do with nationalities and colors than any other reason. They are "different" than us, so they must be trouble.

I used to work with a man who everyone knew was an illegal, and he was a really good father and family man. He was also as honest as the day is long. He would sometimes run short of money before payday, and he would come into my office and ask to borrow a few bucks. I would lend him some cash, and on payday he was right back at my door, with my money in hand, to repay me. THOSE are who these immigrants are, for the most part, not murderers, drug dealers, and rapists, as Donald Trump imagines.
Cutting and pasting again, Don. On top of that, you are doing another post and run and won't come back to see what responses you get. Why is that?

Per the bolded --- The term "honest illegal alien" is an oxymoron. All illegals are criminals. Even if they didn't commit any crimes in their own countries, they become criminals once they sneak across the border (or overstay a visa). Yes, the first offense is a misdemeanor but a misdemeanor is still a crime. Then, in order to survive here, they have to work. It's against the law for them to work. To get a job, they have to either commit ID theft or use a fake SSN. That fake SSN could well belong to a living person who, like the ID theft victim, gets put into a world of hurt. Then there are the illegals who get paid under the table, thus engaging in tax evasion. Tax evasion is a crime.

And, yes they do "mooch of the rest of us". Who do you think pays for it when they birth an anchor baby? Answer: the taxpayers. Who do you think pays for it every time they use the ER as their personal physician? Answer: the taxpayers. Who do you think pays for the education of their kids? Answer: The taxpayers. And don't come back with how they pay taxes when they pay rent. When they live 10-15 in a flophouse, what meager rent they pay doesn't even come close to paying for the education of one child. Who do you think pays for all those free breakfasts and lunches their kids get in school? Answer: the taxpayers.

And yes, they have displaced Americans in the workforce. You've been told all of this several times but refuse to accept it. Many honest contractors in the construction industries have lost their livelihoods because they couldn't compete with sleazy contractors who hire illegals and pay them under the table.

Enough with the immature name-calling. You should know better than that.

By your own admission, you live in a gated community. That means you are insulated from what is happening in the real world. In other words, you don't see the deleterious effects of illegal immigration up close and personal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies