Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2019, 06:29 PM

958 posts, read 303,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
This can easily present problems due to information inequality. i.e. what you know vs what your insurance knows.

Even being entirely honest you can have certainly have cancer recurrence without any symptoms or clinical evidence.

I just would not want to see any enrollees suddenly left uncovered in such circumstances.

Of course with Obamacare there is no such worry.
It's pretty simple. You know if you're telling the truth or not. You know what the records will show.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:29 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Chronic kidney failure or renal transplant NO ONE needs to worry. Automatic Medicare coverage. So of course your plan automatically saves there.
Medicare covers the cost of dialysis. It covers a kidney transplant and following medical bills under certain conditions.

Read an article by a man in a Christian medi-share plan who had polycystic kidney disease his entire life but had not caused any problems. Started causing him problems when he was in his fifties. His medical-share plan dropped him. Even though he told them he had had it since birth when they signed him up, took his money for years. When it started causing problems, they called it pre-existing, and declined to cover it.

He got on an insurance plan but he wasn't automatically covered by Medicare. Last I read, his insurance plan was covering his kidney transplant.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:30 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
It's pretty simple. You know if you're telling the truth or not. You know what the records will show.
Since you've lied several times on this thread, how do you know when you're telling the truth?

Old 02-04-2019, 06:30 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
No, it's per event.
If that is true then it should cover catastrophic.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:31 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It is not insurance. Not in the legal sense. Not in any sense.

And if the idea is to turn everyone with big medical bills over to a government program, why not have the government insure everyone, cut out the 33% the church skims off?
I would like to add that the 33% that the church skims off is also tax free due to claiming this plan is "non-profit."

Old 02-04-2019, 06:32 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
One of the greatest feelings I had when I found Samaritan was I realized I was going to starve 0bummercare out of $19,000 a year in premiums. I wanted it to crumble into failure. I LOVED that feeling. And this was before we had a real president who ultimately defanged 0bummercare.
You mentioned in the OP that you are self-employed; why would you not deduct “obummercare” premiums on your taxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
No corruption?

What about the third that the church skims off?
Are you really this slow, or just trolling. I talk to so many people, I can't remember. But I'll go ahead and be patient, since that's the kind of person I am.

If you send 11 of 12 payments directly to individuals and one payment to the home office, how could the co-op skim more than 8.3%. And, of course, it's not a church running it, but you do have to be a practicing Christian to participate.

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
And the taxpayers pick up the tab for these folks....who complain so much about the Big Bad Gubment.

Heck, now the OP is dreaming that everyone in the US will join this "30% skimmed off the top" charity...and all our problems will be solved.

Hey, maybe a Rabbits Foot would work? Maybe if all the members of GS pray for the others...then things will get better?

Oppps.....it was already tried. Didn't work and, in fact, made things worse in some cases.

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html

Whether funny math or bending spoons with the mind - we always have to come back to reality sooner or later. The answers to our health care problems are evident and they have been done many a time by other countries and even by some of our states. We just need to make it all official so it can be improved for all.
And taxpayers pick up the tab for every person that has chronic kidney failure from every insurance, including ACA compliant plans.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:33 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
The situation I would like to see is for the 95% healthy Americans to get into a co-op of the Samaritan model. Ideally Samaritan itself. (What a wonderful world THAT would be). And that 95% would be hooked up to you 5%ers. They'd be given your name, address, and condition, and could send donations directly to you. That way you'd appreciate the help and well-wishes you got, wouldn't feel like a number. And the donor wouldn't feel resentful or ripped off. I, for one, would love to donate in a system like that. Now there exists the possibility that people would lie and rip people off, but I think you are less likely to play the system if someone knows your name and address and has a personal connection with the recipient. So the home office would be told how much you need, and would recruit volunteers until the need is paid. Imagine having a pool 120 million strong to help you.

I liken it to this scenario. If a faceless company treated you and your family to dinner, you'd go to a nice place, get appetizers, maybe a glass of wine, and a dessert after your meal. You would soak it to the hilt. But if your next door neighbor took you out to dinner, his treat, then you would be more judicious about what you got. You wouldn't want to take advantage. So it would be this way if personal charity were the way we handled health care.

But the kicker is we'd have the corrupt government completely the hell out of the picture. No piles of money. No corruption
The thought that 95% of whatever would have to abandon their civil liberties and thought to adhere to an ideology and program that you promote makes Jonestown look like amateur hour...

Keep drinking the Kool Aid

Old 02-04-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
You mentioned in the OP that you are self-employed; why would you not deduct “obummercare” premiums on your taxes?
Pay three times as much just so I can deduct more? You're joking, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies