Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2019, 07:15 PM

958 posts, read 302,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When you start stating them we can discuss them. Pulling some claimed phone call conversation relayed on Wiki does not a fact make.
Yeah, and at the time of his death, Jones had been working with the Soviets to have a base there for his atheist followers.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:16 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,610,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Not really. See, the Nazis, as all leftists do, coerced the populus into a godless monolith. Whereas Christianity is 100% free will. I do realize it would be impossible for the godless leftist population to suddenly transform into decent people. But we can dream, can't we?
So the Pope was apologizing about nothing in regards to WWII?

I'll refer you back to your history books. The Church was complicit in Germany. It was their enemy, the Ruskies, where the GOVERNMENT was less religious (although the Ruskie people were someone "peasant religious" as they always have been).....

The Catholic Church (40% in Germany) made a deal with the Devil.
"Some Catholic leaders welcomed Hitler’s call to “overcome the un-Germanic spirit” and feared that “atheistic communism” was more of a threat to the Catholic Church than the Nazis were."

You can't have it both ways. The Germans and their Allies were mostly ALL religious people and countries - Italy for one. The Ruskies weren't........keeping it simpler for you.

As to the percentage that the GS takes - are you claiming that their accounting is wrongly stated as per the member who posted that? If so, exactly what percentage of the total take do you think they operate on?

As you know, Medicare is MUCH less than even 1/12th (your claim).

Something isn't adding up here. A lot of things...in fact.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:19 PM

7,906 posts, read 9,104,539 times
Quote:
Well said. It's very tough on the self-employed. What is your pre-existing condition if you don't mind my asking?
Kidney disease and high blood pressure. Well controlled, but due to being in my medical record, things would not be covered for a few years.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Sorry. Hitler closed churches and killed clergy.
Well, he killed Nazis too! He killed many of his top people. He killed some of just about every group.

His rise to power would have been impossible if the Churches took a moral stand. They didn't. Germany was a very religious country at the time.

"After 1945, the silence of the church leadership and the widespread complicity of "ordinary Christians" compelled leaders of both churches to address issues of guilt and complicity during the Holocaust—a process that continues internationally to this day."

Well, I guess you know more than German and other church leaders.......or, you are repeating some talking points from propaganda. I think Door #2 is more accurate.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
Yeah, and at the time of his death, Jones had been working with the Soviets to have a base there for his atheist followers.
I think this thread has more than run it's course.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So the Pope was apologizing about nothing in regards to WWII?

I'll refer you back to your history books. The Church was complicit in Germany. It was their enemy, the Ruskies, where the GOVERNMENT was less religious (although the Ruskie people were someone "peasant religious" as they always have been).....

The Catholic Church (40% in Germany) made a deal with the Devil.
"Some Catholic leaders welcomed Hitler’s call to “overcome the un-Germanic spirit” and feared that “atheistic communism” was more of a threat to the Catholic Church than the Nazis were."

You can't have it both ways. The Germans and their Allies were mostly ALL religious people and countries - Italy for one. The Ruskies weren't........keeping it simpler for you.

As you know, Medicare is MUCH less than even 1/12th (your claim).

Something isn't adding up here. A lot of things...in fact.
Ah, right in my wheelhouse. Thank you. Yes, Pius XI believed Hitler would cooperate with the Catholics in Germany in 1933, as he took power. But it became apparent Hitler lied. And from then on the Catholic Church was opposed to Hitler and worked against him

While the German people were Christians as was most of Europe, the government, of course was atheist leftist. As are all dictatorships

As for Medicare, the 2% figure is, of course, a lie, since most of the massive paperwork hours required for the zillions of Medicare laws are borne by the insurance companies, not the government. Couple that with the 10-15% fraud rate with Medicare, and it is poorly run and highly inefficient, as you expect every leftwing government program to be.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Kidney disease and high blood pressure. Well controlled, but due to being in my medical record, things would not be covered for a few years.
I see.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Ah, right in my wheelhouse. Thank you. Yes, Pius XI believed Hitler would cooperate with the Catholics in Germany in 1933, as he took power. But it became apparent Hitler lied. And from then on the Catholic Church was opposed to Hitler and worked against him
Well, so did the Jewish Church. The point isn't Hitler and I wonder how you got to there - bottom line is that most of the German Military were god-fearing souls and their enemy was not.

We all know churches like power...and do do dictators (not much difference in some cases...all Authoritarians).....

But, anyway, Germany was very Christian...today it is more secular and much more peaceful and tolerant. Maybe one has something to do with the other???

Hey, more power to you. If you want to live under the auspices of the Church, go ahead and do so. Freedom of Religious - or FROM religion is our way here.

However, please keep religion out of our government and public policies. Render unto Ceasar what is his.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, so did the Jewish Church. The point isn't Hitler and I wonder how you got to there - bottom line is that most of the German Military were god-fearing souls and their enemy was not.

We all know churches like power...and do do dictators (not much difference in some cases...all Authoritarians).....

But, anyway, Germany was very Christian...today it is more secular and much more peaceful and tolerant. Maybe one has something to do with the other???

Hey, more power to you. If you want to live under the auspices of the Church, go ahead and do so. Freedom of Religious - or FROM religion is our way here.

However, please keep religion out of our government and public policies. Render unto Ceasar what is his.
Did I not make it clear? While the German people were Christian, the Nazi leadership was not.

And as I laid out earlier, there is no such thing as a vacuum of religion in government. It is either religious or atheist. Atheism is not neutral, but rather is hostile to religion with an agenda all its own, and atheism is what we have today, as pushed by the far left. My sentiment is to classify atheism as a religion, then force it to compete with Christianity, a contest in which it will lose. The left, of course doesn't want that. They want atheism to keep going unchallenged in government.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:10 PM

29,979 posts, read 11,568,458 times
Quote:
Judging evil acts is completely different from judging people. Abortion and birth control are evil acts. We are duty-bound to call out evil acts.

Why is it I just love it when two so called christians bicker with each other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies